main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What do your eyes want to see?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Hi,

What do you guys what to see in Episode VII and beyond.

I don't mean storyline, actors or main characters.

What kind of creatures, races, worlds, vehicles or action sequences do you want to see that the movies have never tried before?

Or any stunts you used to the action figures for that you'd like to see on screen?

I love to see Han and Chewie in a bar brawl or just going fisty cuffs against enemy soldiers on a tank - a "o-mage" to Indy :)

Lando actually making a life or death swindle on screen - as opposed to us just getting told about it,

How about Luke in a duel with cortosis armoured alien warriors on top of a high speed sub-orbital passenger train?

Or a zero gravity gun fight in space?

What ideas have you guys got?

Vespasian likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My eyes want to see the film.. I pray I don't go blind.

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I look forward to seeing design, culture, and fashion moving forward, and not encumbered by the designs of the 1970s. Obviously, the look will have to be consistent with the first 6. But we have a rare opportunity to see what happens NEXT.
    When kids today look back at what their parents and grandparents were wearing in their youth, they giggle. It should be no different for the kids and grandkids of Luke and Leia's generation.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  4. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    So much from the OT i want to see revised. X-Wings, Tie Fighters, Stormy's, Tattooine, Chewie, R2, 3PO, Ackbar, Lando, etc, etc, etc....

So basicaly remake the OT :)

5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    my eyes want to be able to see really far like an eagle or an elf.

6. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Imperial Knights, but not right away, maybe in the sequels of the sequels

7. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
  8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Alien cultures, architecture and designs.

9. Eregian

Eregian Jedi Knight

Sep 12, 2012
    The Old Republic like action of the cg cutscenes they did. Please no more dull dueling with lightsabers. Those TOR movies showed exactly what kind of action is possible using the force.

Apophis_ likes this.
  10. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    The Hapes Consortium
    A full music number by the Max Rebo band. Lady Gaga could provide the voice for Sy Snootles.
    A choir of Jedi singers doing acapella
    Tom Hardy as Cad BANE's son.

11. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I want to see Mandalore. I want to see some of the worlds in the very difficult to reach Galactic Core. I want to see the spice mines of Kessel, along with the nearby Maw.

12. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Good question.:) Very good question.

One idea I had as a kid (probably as an influence of seeing Coruscant in Episode I) was an action sequence on a landing pad, then freefall action. I guess kinda like in the Star Wars 1313 trailer.:p But with Jedi.

Speaking of Jedi, I'd like them to have a lesser and different role. I liked them in the Prequel Trilogy and they must continue to be an important part of the Saga, but a) these new Jedi should be different, b) I want to return to the age of blaster duels, starfighters and a bit less mysticism. The Star Wars galaxy is huge, Jedi are a relatively small portion.

Also, seeing less Jedi would make their eventual appearance much more special. I'd like to see Luke kick some serious ass with the Force, just to demonstrate how far he progressed since Episode VI and I want it to be awesome!

Oh and I think they should lose the Prequel robes and invent something new, something reminiscent of Luke's black uniform in Episode VI.

And gambling in the underworld! I loved Pazaak in the Knights of the Old Republic games!:)

13. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    This is a very good question...

I want to see the books adapted into movies even though I know this won't happen lol. In terms of an original story I've no idea.

I really want to see the Kessel spice mines, Corellia, Nal Hutta, and Mon Calamari. I REALLY want to see the Millenium Falcon! And I want to see the original three in the movie lol.

14. Chilmayka

Chilmayka Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2012
    Do people want to see Chris Foss work on the new series, given that his work was the
    real inspiration behind the designs/aesthetic of the Original trilogy?

See all his 1970's book covers here: http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/ea.cgi?2195

[​IMG]

TheManFromMortis and Vespasian like this.
  15. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Would really like to see a strong Mandalorian presence in at least one of the sequels.

16. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Some very nice ideas guys. :D

17. Remeral Vhett

Remeral Vhett Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I want to see the technology in the OT taken to the next level, as well as the clothing styles and even slang. In the Legacy of the Force series, Ben Skywalker is mocked by Jaina for using 'lubed' and 'astral', which shows that the language changed as time passed. I would love for old Luke, Leia, and Han to look at their kids and be like "WHAT?!?! It seems like only yesterday that we destroyed the Death Star!"

Plus, I'd like to see other worlds than the ones that we have already visited. Sure, we've been to Coruscant many times. But what about Kessel, which we've heard so much about? Or Ossus? Or Mandalore? The series needs to break away from the worlds that have already been visited several times, and branch out into the unknown. The Imperial Remnant or the Chiss Ascendancy would also be an awesome choice.

18. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    Nasty hobbitses!

JediKnightOB1 likes this.
  19. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    I'd like it to feel like Star Wars to me, in the way the OT did, maybe that's impossible but that's what I hope for, to feel like we are in the same galaxy as we were back in '83, I'm not a PT basher by any stretch but I didn't feel as emotionally connected to the PT, probably an age thing but I live in hope!

20. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    This was something I was thinking about.

I like to see the Jedi being really small in number and having no major voice in galactic affairs.

Maybe society divided between those who trust them and those who don't.

And after they learn from Luke, some become wanderers seeking people or communities in need. Others follow their own path even into the military or the likes.

And the costumes should change too, but they have between the trilogies anyway.

DowClimber likes this.
  21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A coherent, entertaining plot with good actors not so reliant on CGI. Oh and Ewoks.

22. Star Burner

Star Burner Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    I want to see more force powers being used and saber fights between jedi and sith on a larger scale and I want a new badass Sith lord to be introduced...one to rival both Maul and Vader. I want new worlds and a lot of new species. I want Jar Jar beheaded in the opening scene to signal to all the fans that they will not be making the same mistakes that were made in episodes1 and 2.......(3 was cool with me!) Am I asking to much?

23. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I guess if we see Mark Hamill out and about less than usual (like he's working on something), or if we see photos of him in the next year he appears to have lost weight, perhaps that means he's working out and it could be an indicator of his possible appearance in a film.

24. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Yep, this should be a changed Galaxy, possibly traumatized like post-WW2 Germany, and that should affect the new Jedi Knights too.

I can see your point with the Sith... Vader was the trademark of the Original Trilogy and Darth Maul was prematurely cut down in Episode I.

Even Lucas seems to be regretting this, otherwise he wouldn't have
    resurrected Maul in The Clone Wars

As for Jar-Jar, a public execution would be too much for parents I think.:D

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well short of getting into ideas for storylines, actors and characters, I'd have to say that I'm very excited to see the New Republic on screen. The advances on Coruscant should be a sight to behold and I look forward to hopefully seeing Mandalore on the big screen and definitely Corellia!

Now, I'd also like to see Korriban make an appearance, but this leaves me skirting dangerously close to talking about story and you asked us not to do that. :)