main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY What Does Everyone Think Of The Website?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    hopefully everyone has taken a few moments out to check out the clubs website. What do you guys think? pv

2. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    I think it's pretty good for what it is. I was pretty surprised by the girls page though, who's idea was it anyways?

3. Wil_Sinistar

Wil_Sinistar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2006
    The music was a nice touch. I was also kind of thrown by the girls page, but Barbie convinced me that the girls also have their own reasons for loving Star Wars. It will be fine until TK8049 starts molesting it.

4. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Gigitty giggitty! I think its great!!

5. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I second that giggity, giggity, with an AW RIIIGHT!

6. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    I would like to clarify. I merely said that some girls really get into the romantic side of the saga. The way SINISTAR phrased it made it sound really trite and shallow. SO, in summary, girls like Star Wars too. Fin.

7. s_r_skywalker

s_r_skywalker Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2006
    I know that this "girl" page has raised some eyebrows. For some fans, I believe that the saga is just a history lesson for entities such as the EU, revealing some of the history that was spoken of-but never shown in the original trilogy. For others, I believe they may just see good action films. I however, do not see just a lesson or a mere combat flick- I also recognize the ideals of hopeless romanticism throughout this story; were the lovers were torn between passion and duty, never easily finding their way to each other.

As I have previously stated in threads, I believe it is safe to say that many female fans do in fact find the romantic aspects of the saga incredibly significant. Theoretically- I believe at the very least, the tragic relationship deserves a mention as to it?s noteworthy role in the original trilogy. Only through the ?romantic? existence of their characters were the products of their relationship able to become shapers in the fate of the galaxy.

Please consider this ?girlie? page a topic of conversation, a symbol or a ?nod? if you will to the fundamental drive that transformed Anakin into Darth Vader-I know that even a purest can appreciate that in theory and perhaps even begin to see where this aspect of the epic has brought a whole new genre to the sexual identity of what a ?typical? Star Wars Fan is.

"...and though their love was tragic, the galaxy is a far better place for it,
    since they became the parents of Luke and Leia
    ."

8. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    Totally with you on that. Here here. That is what I was trying to say with my comment. That girls and guys can appreciate that aspect of the saga. However, I like that it is called the girlie page. Girlie is good. Good is girlie. I shall call it Girlood. Rambling...rambling...rambling.

**That was actually a rip off of Badong, from Enter the Fist, in case anyone thinks I have lost it.

9. s_r_skywalker

Feb 22, 2006
    Approved! "Good is girlie"!

Start molesting TK8049!

"Possible he came in through the south entrance."

10. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    You know Annie and Padme are great for romance but Luke almost got with his sister.Thats just wrong.

11. s_r_skywalker

Feb 22, 2006
    Yes, I agree-if Luke had known that he was making out with his sister, it would have been totally wrong, but he didn't know. Now Lucas on the other hand-he had them making out in the same movie that he presented Vader as their father. Did Lucas have them make out in the story, knowing that he was going to plan a family connection of some sort? Who's the real freak I ask?

"Luke, at that speed do you think you'll be able to pull out in time?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.