main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY What does everyone think of Tron: Legacy?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RnRJedi007, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    What does everyone think of Tron: Legacy?

Well,I was expecting alot more. More action, more 3D.
    There was way to much drama. I liked the beginning & Ending.
    But it dragged to me in the middle. I dont
    want to say to much incase people havent seen it yet.

2. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    I absolutely loved the movie. Fans like me of the original 1982 movie have been waiting a long time to learn more about the Tron universe and story. The movie lived upto my expectations. The scenes on the grid were cool enough and I thought there was enough action without taking away from the plot. --Billy

3. CureMode

CureMode Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2010
    I waited 28 years for this and it exceeded all my expectations. I still can not believe they made a sequel (not a remake) to a modestly successful, mostly forgotten movie. For me it was the movie that inspired me to seriously pursue a career in Computer Science, and eventually go to NYIT (where some of the animation was done). The original movie, with all its flaws, was still a great achievement in its time, and the story really struck a cord with me. I own an original TRON arcade game, and still play it from time to time, so yes I am a huge fan.

The new film took the whole idea of TRON to a new level, while still serving the original premise. The story was solid (a few minor plot holes), the acting was great, and the effects were astounding. The cool factor went up about 5 notches, and they really captured the spirit of the original grid world. The soundtrack by Daft Punk was some of the best electronic beats I have heard in years, and fit the movie perfectly. They did fan service and made a very entertaining and exciting film. It also already set up a possible sequel story line, that I can only hope gets made sometime in the future. This is the first 3D film I have seen that actually makes use of the technology to draw you into the world. The real world parts are not in 3D, just like the real world parts were B&W in the Wizard of OZ. It may be the one film that gets me to buy a 3D TV system when it comes out in Blu-Ray 3D.

4. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    Mish and I totally dug it. Everyone who complains that the story and plot are awful seems to forget that the original is not exactly Shakespeare either. It was a terrible movie that was gorgeous eye-candy. This one turns the visual spectacle up to 11 and has a better story to boot (admittedly, not that hard a feat). When you have a wobbly set up like the original Tron, to use that as a foundation for a "more realistic" story (YMMV) is a very daunting proposition and they did as good a job as could be expected. Good movie!

5. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Clive, I didnt hate it I was excepting more. Would
    have liked to see more about character TRON.

6. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Liked it and was entertained right the way through.

7. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    It's great to hear so many people liked it. I think some people who didnt like it as much dont remmeber the original and didnt appreciate the references to first one. --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.