main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What does the Saga tell us about the best way for this galaxy to be governed?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ghost, Jul 18, 2018.

?

Which way is Saga pointing to as the best way to govern this galaxy?

1. Galactic Republic with some minor/moderate reforms

53.3%
  2. Something New (big changes: a Multi-State Galaxy, a Radically-Different Republic, etc.)

46.7%
  1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I still think the PT era was probably the best era for the average galactic citizen from a freedom and stability standpoint, so I voted for a Republic with moderate reforms. Of course the nature of great civilizations is that they fall, so it's possible that after thousands of years such a Republic would fall again but only after providing many generations with lives of relative peace and freedom. I'd take that any day if I were a regular galactic citizen over what we see in the OT or the ST.

2. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I don't think the saga really tells us much about the best way to govern. The basic principle seem to be: democracy is the way to go, but be on the guard against corruption and power-hungry people. The former will erode trust into the institutions, while the latter will do so as well, while also presenting themselves as the solution to all problems. Do not fall for people who offer easy solutions to tough problems, or you might end up granting someone more power than you really want to.

The_Phantom_Calamari likes this.
  3. Eike Starseeker

Eike Starseeker Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 1, 2019
    Well, I would say the old Republic in Revans time or Palpatines Galactic Empire.
    The PT Republic was just useless, too much bureaucracy and corrupt politicans, they couldn't even help Naboo.

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    "Best Way" is subjective. Facts and individual circumstances dictate what the best form of anything would be at a given time.

Noen likes this.