main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What DVDs will you be purchasing this month?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Wormie2, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    My LG I picked up for £105 is a nice player for multi-region plus all the normal gadgets n gizmos.

2. Beckymonster

Beckymonster Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    Embra Look at the recommendations that Jarien made for me on page 3. As I've already stated - I'm a bit of dunce when it comes to tech but they do look rather tasty.

LOL @ your temptation by play.com :D I fully sympathise as it keeps tempting me with lots of fine films at very cheap prices!

3. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    Does it handle RCE discs Sam?

4. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    As far as I know. Good little player.. I admit it was meant to be £180, but I picked it up 2 months old off Yahoo Auctions.

5. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
  6. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    Seems a good bargain there :)

7. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    The one that replaced the 3200 is naff looking though, so if you like the cosmetics, I'd recommend trying to find a good 2nd hand 3200...

8. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    Beth I watched Life as a House this morning. I thought it was pretty pants. Well the first half was anyway. Though I was really surprised to see that Hayden aint a bad actor at all. And no matter how old she is, Kristin Scott Thomas is effing gorgeous (even with the American accent)

9. Embra

Embra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    Cheers for the pointers Sam and Becky.

I am fearful of my ability to totally destroy technology simply by obeying printed instructions in manuals, but this whole DVD thing has taken over my life. All other collecting has stopped. However, with the Gamecube due shortly, I'm having to budget way in advance. Those poor folks at play.com better not have put the downpayment on their new boat...

That said, their evil knows no bounds, as they are now doing Gamecube and GBA games; the fiends!! Their infernal special offers are costing me a fortune. Mind you, you'll find that if you lay out your DVD boxes just right, you don't actually need a sofa or even a bed! You can sell them and spend the money on DVDs. And games. And more DVDs!

I could stop anytime, I could. It's... it's just a cold, y'know.

Spare some change mister?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.