main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What exactly were the powers of the Imperial Senate?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Which is an interesting division of imperial power-the advisory would be composed of all the schemers, cronies and ambitious figures of the court on imperial center, while the moffs and their organization was less centered on coruscant and more decentralized military based governorships.

2. The Real Batu Rem

The Real Batu Rem Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2019
    How were senators like Mothma and Bel Iblis allowed to openly defy the Emperor? At least Organa was secretive about it. Numerous sources state that they were firebrand who stood up to the Emperor before being targeted for arrest. I mean, what's the whole point of COMPNOR if influential senators were able to openly flaunt their anti New Order viewpoints? No fascistic state would allow such egregious acts of defiance, it weakens the image of the Emperor and softens the New Order as a totalitarian ideology. Why have secret police if you don't use them?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I suspect it was more a matter of verbal and procedural opposition. I doubt they dare stated "we want to see palpatine overthrown" in public. Though of course palpatine was well aware of their opposition.

And that leads into the whole plot of TFU where the idea was all dissidents would be gathered into one organization and thus more easily destroyed.

JediBatman likes this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    With the Andor trailer, looks like we'll soon get some answers!