main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What exclusives are you hoping for?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm volunteering for GenCon and OPix and I'm sure we won't know when we're working any time soon. That creates a problem signing up for the quick path times. I like working in the mornings so maybe I'll just sign up for an afternoon time slot if it becomes available and if I'm fast enough to get one. ;)

2. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    People should boycott the store, A few months after C III, all the stuff was available on SW shop.com

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    No they weren't. There were some items, but things like apparel in certain sizes were long gone. Or they were going on eBay for triple what they cost at the store (like Joe Corroney's Duel poster and the green zippered Yoda sweatshirt).

Sure you can bypass the store and wait months after CIV and try your luck at finding exactly what you want on ShopStarWars.com or on eBay. But there are no guarantees that what you want will be available online.

4. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I agree, at C3 I did not buy this coin set that I really wanted because I did not have the funds. I figured I could buy it later on Ebay and then to my demise, they were none existent.

SOOOOOO...

I will make sure I do all my buying at the store!!!

5. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    Yeah, I wanted one of the Yoda sweatshirts too and all they had after the 1st day of C3 were size S and XXXL. I learned my lesson then - get there early.

6. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I think in all due respects it should be something with kenner slapped on the packaging rather than hasbro as really you have to take your hats off to them as a company.

7. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I looked at everything in the store and I walked away with figures. The Vader figures were available on Star Wars shop.com right after the con for $20.00. They are currently about $8.00 on Ebay.
    the shirts are cool, but you can still get them on Ebay.

8. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I know one thing I will learn that if there is such a long queue and all I wanted was the exclusive figure and items I generally knew would appear on ebay then I would not even consider in missing out on shows just to queue.

edit:
    I did notice something interesting just now.
    http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hallmark_2007_104114.asp
    Tusken raider (limited edition) only available 14-15th july which are the dates of CE.

9. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    I think it'll be easier for me to buy things at C4 and post it home than try to find people on eBay who'll post overseas (without charging a fortune)! It's so expensive to even buy something from starwarsshop.com, because the only postage option is priority post, so I hope they have normal items from that store at C4, too.

I hope for something with Luke or Obi-Wan. But yeah, provided it actually looks like Luke or Obi-wan! :)

10. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I think that those two dates are when Hallmark has the big preview events in their stores. The Tusken Raider might only be availible during the preview.

11. jedigirl0

jedigirl0 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    The only real exclusives im looking for is some signers that have NEVER signed in the US before. Like most people im just a bit tired now of the same old faces year after year. Lets see if Official Pix can deliver us something new!

12. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Hey, anybody heard or read anything on what Code 3 Collectibles will have exclusively for CIV? I've been checking their site every week for any CIV updates, but have not seen anything so far.

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Sideshow Toys has released a rather vague announcement on their multiple CIV exclusives.

Here is the link: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=2783

14. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    From what I understand Code3 got out of Star Wars. Whether they lost their license or just didn't feel like making anymore I don't know. I know they were doing alot of those 3d posters but they quit that line. Other Star Wars stuff they were doing I don't know.

15. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I hope Sideshow does something cool. If anyone collects Sideshow 1/6 scale figures, you know that they always have an exclusive version of each one. Usually it's something stupid like, like the Han Solo comes with a Mynock, or the Plo Koon comes with a double bladed lightsaber. the only cool 1/6 scale is the Anakin. He comes with yellow eyes and he looks awesome.

I hope they create a brand new figure that is only exclusive to the on. If it's the same Luke figure, but because it comes with a womp rat it's a con exclusive, I'll be disappointed.

16. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I was just thinking. The exclusive figure could also be Han Solo. Think about it. He is filming Indy IV right now. George could get him to do a Han Solo voice for a figure like 2005's talking Vader. Han Solo is one of the only figures that Hasbro has put out that REALLY looks like Harrison Ford. Others are good, I always thought the Han Solo figures looked great. Just think of it, pressing the button on the bottom and hearing, "I'm nice men." or "Hey, it's me." All of the funny lines Han said.

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE -- Sideshow Toys has revealed their three CIV exclusives and the priority pre-order schedule:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=celebrationIV&source=031507news

18. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm going to add that to the "Official Threads" thread.

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Now let's hope Master Replicas steps up to the plate soon and announces their planned CIV exclusive(s). It's been pretty quiet on their front with regards to what they have in the works for CIV.

20. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    It's probably quiet because their exclusive is going to be an ordinary, run of the mill everyday .45 scale lightsaber piece of junk. Last year I got Obi Wans .45 scale chrome lightsaber and then it was all over. They had a regular one just like it. I think if you're going to make something exclusive, make it really exclusive. Don't make something you already have, but just in a different color.

21. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I agree - I've never been too happy with MR's line of Star Wars products. The .45 scale lightsaber replicas are too small IMO, and the $350+ price tag for the 1:1 scaled lightsabers is too expensive for my wallet, especially since I would want to collect & display all of them.

22. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Jusdtion ovwer the years I have bought and sold a few of the 1:1 sclae lightsabers. I had a Dooku and sold it for like $120.00. Now it's worth like a fortune. I sold an Obi wan which is worth a lot more. So as I started findignthem and buying them, I just decided to keep em. I have a Qui Gon, a Palpatine, an Episode III Obi Wan and a few Parks Sabers. I got rid of my Jedi training ball as well. STUPID!

They are very expensive at MR. If you go to Ebay, they are a lot cheaper. In any case, their exclusive stuff is crap. Make a Biker Scout blaster and ONLY sell it at the convention. Something like that is an exclusive.

23. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well I must say sideshow will not be having any of my cash.

24. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Yeah, they better look good. I'm not interested in the diorama at all. The Luke mybe. The sandtrooper......no. The market is so damn flooded with clone troopers and sandtroopers and shadow troopers and blue troopers and red troopers and green troopers. I'm sick of it. Busts, statues, figures, dolls. It never ends.

25. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    It will be interesting how they tackle the diorama as its a kind of weird one to use, will we see a section of the falcon with a mynock stuck to it???
    As for the yavin luke I will be interested to see if they;
    1. Use the jedi luke head
    2. Make a totally new head
    3. Retool the jedi luke head
    Shall be interesting as if they go with number one well to me yavin luke just plainly does not look like jedi luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.