main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What exclusives are you hoping for?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I was wondering about this as well. Is the Yavin Luke the ceremony Luke, or the X wing Luke? Is it a Jedi Luke? Is it a New Hope Luke. He wore three different outfits on Yavin. I hope that they don't use the Jedi head. His head was aweful. He looks stoned in the Jedi Luke.

2. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I should think it will be yavin luke in his ceremony gear.

3. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I will await pics before I decide on what I am getting from Sideshow. They had just better post pics before the preorder window opens. I am leaning towards the Luke and the diorama, but I don't want to spend that much cash on a sandtrooper RAH. I am about troopered out at this point.

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    The Collectible Medallions that will be randomly given out at the panel sessions are pretty cool, but it will be nearly impossible to obtain every one for a complete collection. So I think I'm going to pass on trying to get any of them at CIV.

5. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I hope between my wife and I we can get most of a set. I am just afraid of what the cost to compllete it later will be.

6. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I feel the same way, yoda_pimp. I also liked the idea of the new 30th anniversary Darth Vader coin collection, but with 60 coins in the set (and space for up to 20 bonus coins), I figured the cost of obtaining all of the coins for a complete set would be pretty high.

I can see complete sets of the Collector Panel Medallions fetching a pretty penny on eBay in the weeks after CIV.

Then again, part of the SW collecting fun is trying to locate all of the missing or elusive items to a particular collection. ;)

7. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    I'm not a big-time collector but what I'm interested in right now is something simple that was probably abundant during Celebration I and that's Podracer Ani close-up t-shirts. Since this is a celebration of the entire saga, I hope that there will be some Phantom Menace merchandise. Also, more Padmé items in general would be nice. :)

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm more concerned with the level of product sold at the CIV Store than I am the vendor exclusives. I'm really hoping for some great products at the store. I want to see shirts and sweatshirts with embroidered logos and lettering - not the cheap silk-screen iron on transfers like they had for C3. And I'd love to see a line of cool housegoods, such as canisters, cookie jars, mugs, etc.

So far the list of vendor exclusives has been pretty weak IMO. Here's hoping the complete opposite is true when it comes to the CIV Store merchandise.

9. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    With the rumors that Hasbro will not hold back the Luke action collectible, Are we pretty much stuck with paying Brian's toys the standard 600% mark up?
    Doesnt Hasbro know what kind of termoli this will cause?
    And wile we are talking collectables..what if I cant get online in time to pre-order the Malak & Gree Bust from GG? Again..Dealer Prices???

10. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I hesitate to put this in the "Official Announcements" thread because Kotobukiya does not have it up on the English version of its website, only the Japanese version, so I'm putting this here and will post an official announcement when it comes through:

"Tokyo, Japan April 19, 2007 ? Kotobukiya announces their plans for Star Wars Celebration IV in Los Angeles, including exclusive products, question & answer session, upcoming product sneak peeks and more!

The first-ever USA convention exclusive from the popular series of meticulously detailed ARTFX Statues - Kotobukiya?s brand name for snap fit, prepainted vinyl statues ? will be YODA: SPIRIT OF THE FORCE ARTFX STATUE, featuring LED Light and Voice Sound Chip Features.

Featuring an exact likeness of the wise Jedi Master as he appears in The Empire Strikes Back, and containing superb detail throughout, you can also click the button on the top of Yoda?s base to hear three different phrases of original movie dialogue, as spoken by Frank Oz.

1. ?May the Force be with you.?
    2. ?No. Try not. Do?or do not. There is no try.?
    3. ?You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you...me...the tree...the rock...everywhere!?

Cast in translucent material, activating the LED feature will illuminate Yoda in his blue, glowing Jedi Spirit form. With detailed construction and accurate styling, this kit can be easily put together in seconds to recreate George Lucas?s renowned Grand Master of the Jedi Council.

YODA: SPIRIT OF THE FORCE ARTFX STATUE will be limited to only 1138 pieces for Celebration IV. Each box will be individually serial numbered to ensure collectibility, as this is one of the smallest production runs for any piece in the ARTFX line. Celebration IV will the only chance for fans in North America to add Yoda to their collections.

To try to ensure that fans attending on different days of the convention will all have an opportunity to obtain a Yoda, each day?s sales will be limited as follows:

May 24th 500 pieces (Star Wars Fan Club Day)
    May 25th 300 pieces
    May 26th 200 pieces
    May 27th 100 pieces

Purchases will be limited to only 3 toys per person, but there will be no individual limit on Star Wars Fan Club Day. Priced at only $60, it is expected to be a highly sought after item by all Star Wars fans, and will be available only at Kotobukiya?s booth #921.

A limited quantity will also be made available for fans attending Star Wars Celebration Europe in London this July, as well as a limited quantity available for Japanese fans at Kotobukiya?s chain of retail shops. Details of the exact edition size produced worldwide for this 30th Anniversary item will be printed on the back of the package.

Kotobukiya will also debut new products as part of their exhibition, as well as hosting a panel presentation which will feature announcements of multiple new Star Wars items. The panel will feature the Koto staff members responsible for planning and designing the Star Wars line, and will be available to answer fan questions and suggestions. The time and date for the panel will be announced soon.

In addition to all of this, Kotobukiya will have another, new exclusive item available at the convention. Details will be announced in the next few weeks. Please visit KotoStarWars for updates and information."

Image:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/YODA_pkg_front.jpg]

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Hmmmm, not a big fan of this Kotobukiya Yoda figure. Looks more like a big night light. [face_mischief]

12. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm so with you on this!! Amazing isn't it.. they tell us "Padme' isn't very popular" but yet twice in the last two years she has won a "most wanted figure" contest, once in a contest Hasbro ran and once with a contest one of the other companies (think it was sideshow) ran and .............. we are STILL waiting for those figures to be produced.......... she proved her popularity and worth by winning over
    ALL the other figures that were being voted on (the list had every possible character on it from Vader to a Bounty Hunter and then some) and yet we are still waiting......

wouldn't it be nice if they could unveil these figures they promised to us already. CIV would be a great place to do this.

***okay.. rant over***

I also like DarthBreezy's idea of a nice sleepless Anakin or a good Luke ;) but gotta go with Padme' first.

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Come to my panel on Sunday, cathiecat. I'll have some of my more unusual Padme items for "show and tell" :).

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    That it something I will consider it a pleasure to do :)

15. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    IMO , Both the GG Yoda and the Koto Yoda look kinda cheesy and cheep. Maybe when I see them in person I'll change my mind.

16. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    I agree. I don't plan on getting either.

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I would have liked to have seen a CIV exclusive of Obi-Wan from one of the vendors. It would have been a great way to honor the late Sir Alec Guinness and really would have made a strong 30th anniversary statement.

The Gentle Giant Obi-Wan mini bust that is coming out later this year would have been a perfect choice IMO.

Do we really need TWO light-up Yoda figures?

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I read this and I found it a bit ironic considering I had just read what Alec Guinness had to say about Star Wars in his later yearsin another CIV thread. I rather feel a bit differently about us crazed Star Wars fans than Sir Alec did I have to say.

I for one still want the exclusive Padme' figure.. thought I should throw that in here to keep on topic.. ;)[face_blush]

19. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    So how did everybody do at today's GG fiasco?

20. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    I wasn't able to get the Yoda and R2 that I wanted due to the low quantity available but hope to get this one in line at CIV.

I was able to get the other ones I wanted. :)

21. greedofan

greedofan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    I wasn't able to get the Yoda/R2 either due to Gentle Giant taking it out of my cart while it would not let me process my order. Thanks, GG! Now I get to wait in line all night long!

Did get the Gree, which was the only bust out of the 3 that I wanted.

I was REALLY hoping I could avoid waiting in line for GG this time around...
    At least the weather should be better than in Indy. I highly doubt I'll be waiting outside in freezing rain :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.