main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What figures are you having a hard time finding?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by ILVIKINGSFAN11, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Hmm.. I haven't found Shaak Ti yet -- I'm checking a different Wal-Mart today, though.

2. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    TAUN WE, YODA, ROYAL GAURD, LUMINARA UNDALI, DEXTER JESTER.

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Try Target for Shaak Ti. The one near me seemed to have collection 2 waves 1 and 2 mostly. Their endcap had all collection 1 wave 1.

4. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    I'l do that -- I'll be going to a comic shop (need my weekly comic fix ;) and the Wal-Mart down the street, and there's a Target across from the comic shop. Thanks for the tip.

5. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    My dad had no problem finding Dooku for me and he went to Walmart at 5 p.m. yesterday. The only figures he was unable to find were Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, Female Tusken Raider, Geonosian Warrior, and Dexster Jetster.

6. BucMan55

Feb 15, 2002
    Most of those are from Collection 1 wave 1 that was halted recently... Some stores have them, some don't.

Your best bet for those are Target. My Target had them but no Later Collection 1 figs such as Clone Trooper or Yoda, and didn't have the latest collection 2 figures such as Taun We and Luminara...

7. Master_of_Darkness

Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Targets over here to be in a short supply of Taun-We, some with none. And the Royal Guard there are becoming more scare, along with Zam Wessel. Target on the first day when I went there had about four Wessels of what I saw, Ten Royal Guards ( counted them ) and one Taun We. Not really interested in Wessel or Taun We though, Royal Guard a bit, but still want that Kit Fisto.

8. Count_Saruman

Count_Saruman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    Wal Mart has a shortage of R2's, Genosian W, Dooku (of course) and all the Jedi's. There is a TRU here (SLC, UT) that has 27 shopping carts
    set out in the front of the store, each cart is full of each individual figure. They are even numbered! It is great.

I went yesterday afternoon and found a "stashed" Dooku. Ah Yeah. The Dooku Cart sold out in a couple of hours after opening, from what I heard.

They have a GRIP of Jettsters and Genosian Warriors and some of the others that you are reporting hard to find. No Royal Guards, Yodas or Luminaras though.

9. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Besides Dooku, I really wanted Luminara, but I haven't seen one anywhere (and I hear she looks really neat...) I think I just answered my question as to why she is so hard to find :)

10. Obi-WanLeroy

Obi-WanLeroy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Anyone know of a website besides Brain's toys.com that has Hanger Duel Anakin, Count Dooku non-flipping figure, and Yoda for reasonable prices.

Obi-Wan Leroy

11. yavinjabba

yavinjabba Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Hanger Duel Anakin and the cloney were impossible to find until 'bout an hour ago at Wally.
    Now, 'tis just Luminara, Yoda, Red Guard and of course the Count Mr. Lee!

12. BucMan55

Feb 15, 2002
    Do not pay Brian's Toys or other scalper sites prices for these current release toys!!!

By buying from them, you only support their desire to scalp these figures from retail stores in the first place.

Dooku will be out in abundance in less than a month. Heck, realistically, he wasn't supposed to be out yet but some of those cases have already found their ways to wally worlds.

Dooku/Yoda/HD Anakin haven't been discontinued. They will be at every one of your local stores at one time or another in the next couple of weeks. Just check your toy sections every once in a while. Don't make special trips, but don't be there for something else and not check. People are finding these figures at 5:00pm so it's not a case of "get them at midnight cause they're gone in the morning..."

People were paying $35 for Yoda/Dooku/HD Anakin last week and this is why there is more of a demand for it. People buy it up thinking they'll get Ebay suckers to pay those inflated prices. Too bad there's not an Ebay collecting message board or I'd put the information there.

The uninformed consumer is great to those who would sell products at a greatly inflated price.

13. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    LISTEN TO BUCMANN YOU MUST!!!

Patience is a virtue and you will be rewarded for it.

They will show up....... and for $6 each. Not $15 or more from Mr Scalper.

14. BucMan55

Feb 15, 2002
    Ahawk12: It's also easier for me since I've already found him.... ;)

But!!! Patience will land you these figures for no more than 5-7 dollars.

The only reason I'd pay more is if I saw it at KBToys or FAOSchwarz. Don't pay a second hand dealer for these figures.

It's really very simple:

If these dealer stores have no demand for them, then they won't buy them up. The reason they went for Dooku is the initial limited availability, and the fact that ebay dorks were paying $35 to get them a week or two early.

15. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    I say we petition Hasbro. They never said anything about limiting Dooku figures. They are not only angering the fans but also collectors and parents too, as the talk I had with a few today when I went to find boba fett kamino escape. [face_plain]

16. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Bucmann its easy for me also. I found all of them and 2 of most. And they are still around in my area. (you are in Houston right??) I am in Bryan, TX. I guess us Texans just got lucky enough......

17. MattiSkywalker

MattiSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    I had the hardest time finding Taun We but today I found 2. I would love to trade for a Count Dooku. They only have the deluxe around here (Kentucky). The only other one that I haven't found is Luminara but I don't think I will get her either.

18. BucMan55

Feb 15, 2002
    You're having a hard time finding these figures because they're in wave 3 of their respective collections.

Most stores got none or limited supply of wave 3. They'll be more abundant as the weeks pass as the fulfillment stock will have more wave 3 from both collections. This means you'll find:

Dooku
    Yoda
    Anakin HD
    Taun We
    Luminara
    Royal Guard

The only ones besides these that folks can't find are wave 1 with Plo Koon and the others because they've been scaled back to fix the backgrounds or something. They should be back.

Nobody's discontinued. Consider the Wave 3s similar to sneak preview figs. They've not got everywhere so it's just random as to whether or not your local store has A, received them and B, put them out yet.

PATIENCE!!!!!!

19. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    wow. by the time we see Dooku in NC it'll be time for the new wave in June to be out! :(

20. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Wait till Celebration II. I bet they will have them all for sale in the store.

21. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I cannot find:

Dooku
    Yoda
    Luminara
    Hangar Duel Anakin
    Final Duel Jango
    Royal Guard
    Taun We

The local Wal*Mart is STOCKED with Typhos... I have no idea why.

22. ODUFrank

ODUFrank Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2000
    I went to a different Wal-Mart this evening. I finally found the clone trooper, Geonosian Warrior, Zam Wessel, the R2 variant, and the informant character. Yea, I found that one at Wal-Mart yesterday, but didn't get it. No Yoda, Dooku, Taun We, etc though. They had like 20 Clone Troopers, so I had no guilt over buying two. You know what was weird? No Tusken Raiderette and NO BOBA FETT!!! What the? Boba Fett? Never heard of him being rare. So if anyone needs Clone Troopers, let me know.

23. BucMan55

Feb 15, 2002
    ODU: It seems most stores have more collection 2 wave 2 than wave 1. Plo Koon, Tusken Raiderette, and Captain Typho are supposed to be those limited to either none or one other case assortment. Boba Fett is in others but he probably carries the most demand from the wave 1 figs. Him and Battle Droid who most people who don't have any E1 figs will get two or three of.

My Wal-Mart had the most c1 wave 1 and c2 wave 2.

Patience!!! You'll have those figs before long.

24. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    I've found all but Mace Windu (not talking about deluxe figure). Target only put out that weird assortment of Dexter, Genosian Warrior, Jar Jar, Saesee Tiin, Nikto. But since I live in a rural area with one walmart within an hour and a half, I went there and found all the rest. Very few Boba Fetts, but lot's of Dookus, Yodas, Ani, Royal Guard, Zam, along with all the others.

Anybody get a Mace yet?

25. Master_of_Darkness

Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Only a few new zelanders I think found the Constapated Mace. I really want that FB Jango.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.