main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Film Made You Join TFN?

Discussion in 'Archive: Anniversary Forum' started by LAJ_FETT , Jul 3, 2018.

?

What Film Made You Join TFN?

1. ANH

5.0%
  2. ESB

2.2%
  3. RoTJ

1.4%
  4. TPM

25.2%
  5. AOTC

18.7%
  6. RoTS

18.0%
  7. TFA

24.5%
  8. TLJ

2.2%
  9. RO

0.7%
  10. SOLO

2.2%
  1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    For me it was actually the OT DVD release in 2004. There were whispers about yet more changes and there was a guy back then, I believe he was called Darth Toejam (something like that), who had loads of inside scoops about the new changes (he was proven correct, too). Up until then I was a mere lurker, but the excitement about the first DVD release got me to register.

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Joined after TPM though I've been a fan of SW since 1990.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I've been a SW fan for over three decades, but it wasn't a live action film that got me interested in the forum.........

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    TPM and some fanfilms that I saw on the main site.

5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'm just a TFA noob.

Master of None and Darth Smurf like this.
  6. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I found out about TF.N and JC while looking for any SW info just before AOTC came out, mostly while on my cousin's computer, still didn't have my own lol. I lurked a bit, then joined before ROTS, equally for the films' sake as well as to discuss KOTOR games and the ending of NJO.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  7. Aprentize

Aprentize Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    I found TF.N in 2001 when spoilers or leaks were beginning to be a big deal. I read everything totally spoiling myself for AOTC.

8. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I was there from the beginning. Saw the original Star Wars in 1977 on opening weekend with my father. A line around the block. Then I spent the rest of the summer going back and seeing it every Saturday I could, 16 or 17 times in a giant, stand-alone vaudeville era theater. Then again multiple times on re-release. And I waited in line 7 hours to see ESB in 1980 in the same theater, one of the 70mm prints. Enjoyed repeating some of that line experience with my young son in 1999 with TPM though the movie itself didn't quite induce the same feeling.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  9. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
  10. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    I actually have something that I'd like to share and call for help from mods and you all.

I THINK I had an account before this one. I remember very vividly having an account with a MAX REBO avatar. The thing is: I don't know if it was this same account but with a different avatar or an older account that I lost access to.

Is there a way for mods to check my previous avatars? [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I swear, guys. I really can't remember. I have memories of checking JCF since 2010 or something, being a lurker. Then I was away for years and returned when TFA came up. I remember being awed by the fact that I couldn't log in, so I went and created this account.

When my girlfriend wants to be funny/mean to me, she says: "So much for a Star Wars fan. Haven't remembered your old account yet?" True story, pinky swear.

Maybe I have implanted memories? I don't know. I always wanted to bring this up, but felt to awkward to do it. [face_laugh]

Help me, mods. You're my only hope.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Can't check avatars but if you know what email addresses might be associated with it you can PM them to one of us and we can check.

BadCane likes this.
  12. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
  13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Be my guest.

BadCane likes this.
  14. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    The NJO, circa Onslaught.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...it wasn't any one film. I hung out mostly in Classic Trilogy and SWC. I wasn't really into the speculation surrounding the PT, so it certainly wasn't any of the new releases at the time. I guess I just wanted a place to talk Star Wars in general, and this was it.

16. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    The first thing I remember reading on TFN was a review, not of any movie, but of The Golden Age of the Sith.

I used to really love the fanfilms. I rewatched "Jedi Street Preachers" a year or so ago and it still holds up extremely well. I feel like it kind of anticipated the sort of humor that Flight of the Conchords started to popularize more globally.

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    For me, it was the EU... particularly the New Jedi Order series, around the time of Traitor/Destiny's Way. ROTS anticipation helped me stay.

18. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Discovered the place around 2012 when I was 14/15 but didn't care to lurk much.

Around TFA hype, I got back into SW so I started lurking around June 2015 and finally signed up several months later.

Jedi Knight Fett and GregMcP like this.
  19. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I joined in 2005 before ROTS came out. However, if I had known it existed in 1998 I would have joined then. I can't imagine how grand it could have been if I had been able to join in 1977 when I was 10 yrs old. That would have been unbelievably awesome!!!

20. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    TFA.

I felt like after seeing that movie, there was just too much that needed to be discussed. And what better place than here? I may have browsed around through the years before than here but never registered. Glad I did though.

21. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I joined because of the news of the Disney sale and the general announcement that new SW films would be made, so I guess TFA would be the closest choice, though at the time I joined, nothing about TFA (including even its title) had been announced.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  22. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I joined two months before Attack of the Clones was released in theaters and was lucky enough to see it nearly a full day before the U.S. at a charity premiere.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Police Academy 6

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Is that the one where Yoda becomes police commissioner?

The Legions of Lettow and EHT like this.
  25. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I lurked from 1998-2001 and then joined hoping AOTC would get the series back on track after TPM. Btw, I liked TPM more after AOTC and even more after ROTS. Love all 3 after GL ended the Saga...

Oh, wait. It’s not over.