main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions What from the EU are you hoping gets re-canonized?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by AstroDroid88, Jul 24, 2016.

1. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    With Thrawn being reborn & Wedge Antilles getting a new origin story for the Rebels TV show, what other aspects of the EU are you hoping Disney brings back to life? Any characters, planets, species, story plots, etc?

Darth Dnej likes this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Mainly just creatures and planets not a fan of in Name Only Treatment.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Yuuzhan Vong.

Considering that there is concept art of them for the unfinished TCW arcs, I think they will get seen before long.

The TCW arc, mentioned in the novel Thrawn since its a prequel to his appearance in Rebels, or Thrawn and the Rebels gang fight them during the OT or after.

4. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    KOTOR 1/2,the Republic Commando game, and the Jedi Knight games.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    The Emperor's Hand(s), one in particular. :D :D

7. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Which hand? His right or his left? I kid, I kid. I hope Mara comes back too.

Not sure if I'd prefer it at the end of Rouge One, or animate the scene and use the original audio recordings dialogue from the film ( or the NPR audio dramas) but I'd like to see the scenes with Luke and Biggs on Tatooine be made canon.

8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I kinda wish they would just canonize Shadows of the Empire (or at least some of the notable characters from the story), as best as I can tell it doesn't really contradict anything in the new EU, though I could be wrong since I haven't read everything yet.

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Seeing as how I am not interested in either one of those examples, I don't have much in the way of expectations for the re-canonization of aspects of the EU, because for everything they bring forward, there are a thousand things they can't and/or won't bring forward.

AstroDroid88 likes this.
  10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Sabe training Leia

Darth Majestic likes this.
  11. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    All of this....perfect for a live action TV series.

[​IMG]

12. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

If they bring back the Emperor's Hands, they should limit it to two, but keep the idea that they believe they're the only Hand. Palpatine would train them more than Vader trains the Inquisitors in case he needs to quickly begin their Sith training to replace Vader.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yup! I'm going to have to say the Yuuzhan Vong as well. They've always intrigued me.

I also wouldn't mind them keeping Han's backstory from the Han Solo Trilogy, but with the new spin-off coming out, I have a feeling they'll dump all over it. Oh well, if I don't like it, I can always go back to those novels! ;)

14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    As long as they're bringing people back from The Thrawn Trilogy, how about Talon Karrde?

15. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I guess Hondo might take his place. :(

Darth Majestic likes this.
  16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Hondo is illicite goods dealer / pirate, Talon was an information broker. Too big a difference for them to even try to slap dash that one I feel.

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Talon didn't really go into information brokering on a major scale until after TTT. Before that, he was more of a smuggler. And before Car'das's disappearance, he was one of Car'das's underlings.

18. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    A lot, to put it bluntly. I want the events of KOTOR I/II canonized (or at least most of the events), the fall of the Sith at Ruusan, Darth Plagueis's rise and fall, Palpatine's backstory, and Mara Jade.

I really do see Revan and Mara Jade becoming canon as they are too iconic and loved not to be. We all saw what happened with Thrawn.

19. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    But not in 3D CGI animation (e.g., Clone Wars, Rebels). It deserves to be shown in anime style (Ghost In The Shell) art.
    It's Disney. They will milk whatever they can, but will completely avoid using the original forms of the pre-Disney EU materials. I don't think they're willing to utilize EU. because it's a matter of pride. They want their stories, new stories. So far they haven't been successful, TFA comes to mind.

20. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    I wouldn't mind KOTOR, and refurbished story of Nomi Sunrider. Because KOTOR made it look pale and stale.

21. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Pellaeon!

I want him back to join Thrawn. It's so sad to see Thrawn without Pellaeon, just like seeing Sherlock without Watson.

22. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Darth Plagueis. He should be more than just a 'Sith legend' again.

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Tarkin novel did have Palpatine remembering Plagueis's words to him "The Force can strike back."

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    KOTOR 1,2,, Revan, and SWTOR

Darth Plagueis

lookameatbag and seventhbeacon like this.
  25. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015

That pretty much tops my list too.

Darkslayer likes this.