main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions What from the EU are you hoping gets re-canonized?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by AstroDroid88, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I think Mara has a good shot at getting back in...but she will only be a minor character.

At this point, I'd say there is no way they could bring her in and have her marry Luke or have a kid. Maybe they fit in a romantic interlude with Luke in the inter-trilogy window.

Being a Jedi? Probably not. Not unless they make her one of Kylo's victims.

But I could EASILY see the Emperor's Hand part of her character getting ok'd.

Bring her back with Talon Karrde's crew. Have a brief fling with Luke. Give the fans a nostalgic giggle. Then exit her from the story without fanfare. Cameo.

Corellia's Dream likes this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Mara could appear in a Luke/ Babyoda series. They’d have to tweak the Emperor’s Hand rols a bit; then again Palpatine returns in TROS a la Dark Empire.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  3. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    I personally don't want to see anything in particular "re-canonized" because it wouldn't be the same without context, i'm talking about characters particularly here, concepts like Beskar, the Inquisitors, Holocrons, Sith Spirits, most of the Canon Universe works similarly to the Legends Universe, all it changes is the stories and the development of the timeline, i think in regards to concepts and tech everything is fair game, but in regards to characters such as Revan, Exar Kun, Mara Jade, the Solo kids, Kyle Katarn, etc. i don't want them back if they're going to be completely different characters on the long run (kind of what happened to Quinlan Vos) i prefer the New Canon (weird to call it that when it's been 6 years now) to work on it's own amazing characters instead of re-working old ones that simply won't exist the same way they were in a new timeline, they end up being less interesting versions of characters i love and i think that is a waste of space.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    KnightofRaxusPrime likes this.
  4. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Xizor is cannon now! :D

Kato Sai likes this.
  5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Huzzah! Thanks be to The Force.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  6. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    Bea Arthur's character from the Holiday Special.

7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I’d like to see Mara Jade re-canonized, which I know will be very difficult.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  9. KnightofRaxusPrime

KnightofRaxusPrime Jedi Padawan

Dec 16, 2022
    I'd actually prefer if the current canon explore fresh ideas instead to build up its universe instead of re-introducing EU material. In a way, that would allow for people to travel to two separate galaxies far far away that are parallels to each other in some ways (e.g. Episodes I-VI; The Clone Wars). Of course, cameos from EU figures could be referenced as a suggestion of further worlds beyond.

To solidify this, I tend to reference Disney Canon and Legends as instead "New EU" and "EU". The concept of the Knights of Ren and Crimson Dawn are already good foundations to work with, and if the EU were to be continued I hope it would be parallel to New EU. Kind of like how DC Comics has its own multiple universes, so too could Star Wars. It would be pretty wizard.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    High Inquisitor Ivo likes this.
  10. High Inquisitor Ivo

High Inquisitor Ivo Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2022
    Nice to see some positivity. I will now adopt that frame of terminology, it's much more fun to say anyway.