main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Future Star Wars Films Would You Like To See Made?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Oct 7, 2019.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Light Side Dooku and apprentice Qui-Gon. Could be included in the movie about Sifo-Dyas, especially if Dooku’s disgust with Jedi Council dogmatism fits in.

2. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    That would be good. It might offer up something a bit different because Dooku (I still hate that name) is a Count and thus presumably a nobleman? If so it would be good to see a different side of the GFFA instead of being down in the dirt with farmers and orphaned scavengers.

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Seems like there was a Legends novel along those lines, and it was pretty good.

Bob Effette likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    would be curious to how much Dooku rubbed on Jinn? By TPM, Jinn does seem to disagree with the Jedi on basically everything. And Dooku was devastated by Jinn's death too believing strongly he would have joined him, doubtful but he seems to believed it.

in the end they shared similar views on Jedi but diverged in different threads of the right path to take.

can just imagine Jinn's reactions to the Clone Wars and him getting ignored by everyone else. That they are peacekeepers not generals, lightsaber in hand should be final result not the primary function.

5. FredH

FredH Jedi Grand Master

Aug 6, 2003
    An Episodes X-XII trilogy about The Actual Damn Rebuilding Of The Republic, Permanently, We Really Mean It This Time. Starring Rey and Finn at 40 or so, and featuring the new Rey-ified Jedi who are wandering guardians of peace and not government enforcer monks.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  6. lovethedarkside

lovethedarkside Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2017
    On the 2nd anniversary of Solo, I have to say that I would love a sequel. Preferably in movie form, but I'd settle for a D+ series if that's what it takes to get Han, Q'ira, Chewie, and Lando back on screen. #MakeSolo2Happen!

chrcharcor2, Sarge and Darth Buzz like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I’d like this or something similar, with Finn training Blagg.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  8. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    loosely related Naboo trilogy:

- a Gungan adventure film
    - a period-style drama about an aristocratic family from Theed
    - N-1 starfighter squad film

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    When Disney first announced way back in 2012 that they were buying Star Wars and making not just the Sequel Trilogy, but a whole slate of spin-off movies, I had a realisation. That realisation was that if Kathleen Kennedy phoned me up and said "we will make any Star Wars film you want, no matter how specific", I would have no answer to that. There was no Star Wars film I wanted made. I had the OT and the PT and I was happy with that. I wanted more Star Wars, but TV shows, books, comics, video games. The film story had been told and there was nothing I would want to add to that.

And I continued to feel that way until I saw The Last Jedi, at which point it hit me: "this is the Star Wars movie I never knew I wanted". And then I saw Solo, and even though I'd thought a Han Solo origin was pointless, I had a lot of fun with that movie. My faith was restored that it was possible to make good new Star Wars films.

And so even though I largely feel the same way now that I felt eight years ago, in that I'm still not exactly sure where I want the franchise to go from here, I do know what Star Wars films I would like to see. I want to see Star Wars films made by brilliant, creative, diverse writers and directors who get a free hand to tell whatever stories they'd like. And I want Lucasfilm to think carefully about which filmmakers they pick and then trust them! Because that, not micromanaging a bland uniformity, is the only way to get back that spark that made the OT so brilliant.

But that's a really boring answer for a thread of that type, so here are some specific ideas. :p

1. More than anything I'd love to see non-Saga movies with Rey, Finn, Poe, Rose, Chewie, Lando and all our other surviving heroes that carry on the story after TRoS. Like the EU renaissance did in the 90s with the OT characters. I want Rey to be the new Luke, Poe to be the new Wedge, Rose to be the new Leia and Finn to be the new Kyle Katarn, having their own adventures AND being brought back together. I want to see how the galaxy rebuilds and what new and interesting ideas could be explored outside of the same old Empire-Rebellion motifs. Unfortunately, I can't see any of the actors wanting to return to Star Wars any time soon, so this is probably the most unlikely idea.

2. All of this. I'd love to see a movie that mashes up Darth Plagueis (the novel, not the guy) with Dooku: Jedi Lost and gives us the lead up to the PT. Ideally two movies - in my head, it's a trilogy, but the third movie is The Phantom Menace. A trilogy of Sith plotting that leads up to Palpatine becoming Supreme Chancellor.

3. This as well. A Solo sequel that brings back all those characters and has Han begin his relationship with Jabba (a proper anamatronic/puppet Jabba that actually looks like the one from RotJ). Plus Boba Fett. Because if you want a fanservice character who it's actually believable met Han before ANH, Boba is the way to go. And I want to see the incident that causes a rift between Han and Lando. Han is clearly worried that Lando might actually have him shot out of the sky in ESB, there has to be a better reason for that. Speaking of which ...

4. Give Donald Glover his own Lando film. Make it build up to the Battle of Taanab - I was always curious about that line as a teenager, and I think seeing Lando's "little manoeuvre" would be really cool.

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I really want to see either a sequel movie or a disney plus series for Solo. The movie may have not done good at the box office, but the story deserves to be continued. This is probably important.

I don't know what else of a movie you can make and tell for star wars before you start repeating the same motiff's again. The sequel trilogy really left a sour after taste in my mouth. I kind of wish it could be erased and wiped out, but its what we have and I don't want to lay crud to the wonderful actors and filmmakers that worked on those movies and created beautiful pieces. It ain't right to do that, but the story concept I could do without. It's so confusing with star wars because you get all these directors and producers named and after some good positive vibes the negative comes in and the individuals are reported to have left the projects. Then you get more announcement with no information and time passes by and you wonder, will this also get canceled. On the other hand with Marvel I am so excited for phase 4 and 5 movies and the anticipation is just high. Just look at Marvel Action comic number 10 for IDW Avengers. Already that last concluding issue is going for minimum $39.99. The anticipation is just so different. I wish star wars was like that. The Mandalorian and the clone wars being the exception.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  11. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    I’d definitely be interested in pre-prequel content. Whether that’s as far back as KOTOR era, or Dooku related content.

I’d like to see a time where the Jedi actually were peacekeepers and not tied to being the defenders of a corrupt senate. Similar to how the clone wars are mentioned in the OT, we have so many references to how the Jedi were in their thousands and kept peace throughout the galaxy, but we’ve never actually seen it

I feel like it would provide more context to those references and would only help us to understand how far the Jedi have fallen by the time ROTS comes around

12. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Well the High Republic is coming early next year for literature. A period set around 200 years pre TPM. In a golden age of the Republic where so far there hasn't been a Galactic scale war in 800 years. Jedi given more freedom to be peacekeepers when not dealing with Sith for generations.

They don't have plans currently, but its possible we could see a new film set during the High Republic or at least in another era within the 1000yr peace of the Galactic Republic.

But I could see them investing more in the Old Republic era because there are no shortage of large scale wars in that era and we can see a return of Jedi vs Sith if they go that route.

Still, I hope there is a future stand alone or duology set during the days of the Republic pre-TPM.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  13. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Yeah I’ll definitely be buying the books it would just be great to see that era on screen in my opinion

14. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Nightsisters film.

An older Shelish as the new Nightmother training Nightsisters on Dathomir. They are mostly isolated from the rest of the galaxy though they can sense things.

A MacGuffin crashlands on Dathomir. Planet is known as off limits. A group of mercenaries are sent to go get it.

Chaos ensues.

15. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    I’d like to see Disney resurrect their True Life Adventures series. Nature ‘documentaries’ set in the GFFA would be all kinds of awesome, and plenty terrible. They could show us the day to day tribulations of the Wampas as they navigate their way through another bitter day on Hoth, or the mating rituals of the Rancor. All narrated by Frank Oz.

I’ve often wondered how the lesser spotted Krayt Dragon spend its evenings. I can’t be the only one.

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This is the way.

17. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    I'd like to see a movie set somewhere between ep3 & 4 concentrating mainly on Vader & Palpatine. It would have to be done soon though before James Earl Jones or Ian McDiarmid are no longer with us or unable to do the role.

Starith likes this.
  18. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Very cool idea. Kind of like those videos you see in line before you get on Star Tours.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Look... I don't want to say you're alone. But I will say we have a very small sympathetic support group. :p

20. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Any kind of starfighter squad film sounds good to me

darklordoftech and Sarge like this.
  21. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I don't quite get what you mean.

22. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    Something set far in the future that doesn’t feature any of Rey & company but references back to them in historical context would be cool. They could probably do another 6 or 9 starting with the origins building up to pre- Phantom Menace. By the time that plays out fans should be over the fatigue of familiar storylines.

23. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    .... And what mysteries? There's no doubt there will be new movies in the future. There's too much money to be made but what potential mysteries could be answered? Are there any mysteries unsolved that could be dealt with? I'm wondering could there be an episode 10 11 and 12 set maybe 100 years after skywalker? Just spiballing ideas and possibilities for the future of star wars. What would you like to see.....

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I want something about a Sith Lord who created the Sea Monsters of Naboo and made red the color of Naboo royalty.
    The High Republic era coincides with when the Plagueis novel says Tenebrous was an Apprentice. Maybe we could get movies and/or tv shows about Tenebrous’s Master, Tenebrous, and Plagueis?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020