main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Future Star Wars Films Would You Like To See Made?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Oct 7, 2019.

1. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    So, what you're saying is.... you want more Krull movies, but branded as Star Wars. So do I.

2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Read the Tales of the Jedi comics from the 90's if you wanna good idea of what this idea could look like.

3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Future films? Hahahahahahaahhaahahahahaaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    This is the only rational response in this entire thread. Look to your elder, people.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You may be contacted for permission to use your idea as an updated title to the forum.

Sarge and The Regular Mustache like this.
  6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Ha! If so permission granted!

7. TheMerchant

TheMerchant Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2020
    I can see a lot of people not liking this but I'd love it if the rumored Exegol film was a Palpatine centric film.

To go more I to detail I'd like this film to Chronicle Palpatines origins, his time on Exegol, and what his ultimate end game was.

The film can start with his death in ROTJ where Vader throws him into the reactor of the 2nd Death Star. There, we see him perform Essence Transfer, transferring his soul into one of the clones of Snoke we see in Episode 9. During this phase we can get a "life flashes before his eyes" montage where we see his origins and his tutelage under Plaguies right up to when he kills his Sith master. To throw Snoke theorists a bone we can even see Palpatine use Plagueis DNA and his own DNA to mix them and create the being known as Snoke.

Afterwards, some time passes and Palpatine has the clone we see in 9 which he uses as a primary vessel. We see his "son" as well, while fine physically is a non force sensitive. Palpatine orders him to find a wife to have a kid with them aka Rey since he has a vision of a powerful offspring he can use as a conduit and carry out his further plans.

In the Rise of Skywalker visual dictionary it is said there is a Vergerence of the Force within the Core of Exegol. They can further elaborate the history of the planet thru this film, what I would have done is before the Skywalker Saga The Ones from the Clone Wars CGI show were finding planets and imbeuding them with Force energy to try and essentially create Mortis. However, they've had failures before they fully were successful, Exegol being one which turned it into one of if not the most powerful dark side Nexuses.

The Ones abandoned this planet but as time passed the ancient Sith found Exegol building temples and trying to use its power but to no avail. Eventually, the Sith left and Exegol began to become more of a Legend "The greatest treasure of the Sith."

By the time of the Skywalker Saga Palpatine rediscovered this planet and attempted to drill his way into the core. But, being extremely powerful in the Force, getting to the core is extremely difficult. Palpatine knows he needs a body potent with the dark side which he tried with Luke Skywalker.

He failed and now we move back to the ST. Thru body hopping into Rey he Hope's he would gain enough power to finally breach into the core. Once he absorbs this energy he knows.he could become a God of the Dark side and just like what is said in the Tarkin novel become powerful enough to control the very universe.

As for the Final Orders fleet similar to how Vitiate was trying to do once Palpatine has a powerful new body he will use this fleet to cause many deaths across the galaxy simultaneously and feed upon said deaths, granting him even more power.

We also get to know more about the Dyad and the Rule of 2s attempts to try and make one, with the Dyad being something Palpatine also delves in so he can gain enough power to try and also gain another boost in power.

Make this film 3 maybe even 4 hours long and it can hopefully salvage some of the STs narrative to am extent.

R3belTech and GregMcP like this.
  8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    ???

9. TheMerchant

TheMerchant Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2020
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Fool me once, IMDB...

And by "fool me once" I clearly mean "betray my trust countless times".

11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The Exegol movie actually would be rather interesting, and that’s coming from a TROS hater. But it won’t happen.

12. Puterboy1

Puterboy1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2020
    Something from Legends, I’d assume.

13. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Lol, there's no rumored Exegol project, not legitimately rumored at least. What happened is The Hollywood Reporter broke a story that filmmaker J. D. Dillard had been approached for a movie project, and in their article made this joke: "Plot, character and setting details are unknown and are being kept in the murky underworld of Exegol." Again, this was a joke, and an obvious one at that.

What happened next is Deadline published an article written by complete journalistic hack Anthony D'Alessandro, most known for refusing to give credit to other publications who break stories first. It seems he skimmed THR's article, completely misunderstood that very clear joke, and published his article with this embarrassing headline:

‘Star Wars’ Secret Sith Exegol Feature: J.D. Dillard & Matt Owens Developing

That headline is still up, by the way; he never bothered to correct it when called out, nor defended it as information received through an independent source. Within the first paragraph he doubles down and mentions, "Reportedly the project will take place on the hidden Sith planet of Exegol, which was introduced in last December’s Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker." Despite saying "reportedly," no other source has been able to corroborate that information, and the only other place you will find "Exegol" mentioned by a reputable publication in association with this project is THR, as... a joke.

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Just spend more than two seconds online looking into a rumor, and you’ll be able to either confirm or deny its veracity. This one was pretty easy to deny.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Riv_Shiel likes this.
  15. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    There are a few film ideas I have that likely won’t happen but I would really enjoy as it would give canon back story’s to some characters and would have connections to the new films.

A Palpatine/Plagueis Film

This would span many years and would show a bit about Palpatines past,Creating Anakin,defeating Plagueis,his friendship with mother Talzin,and making his base on Exegol.I would like to see these events in canon and I think it could be a very Interesting film.

A Grievous Film.

I really want a backstory for Grievous in canon.I think the plot could be about his life back on Kalee fighting the Huk and their Jedi allies until Grievous kills the lead jedis Padawan which results in the Jedi attacking him with Grievous desperately attempting to escape on a shuttle which would be shot down by the Huk but the Jedi would use the force to protect Grievous though he would be very badly damaged.Grievous would think the Jedi attacked him and that he was lucky to survive.He would be saved by the techno union who would be scouting the world for potential warriors and offer Grievous a deal which he would accept.Grievous armor would look a lot different than in the Clone wars though at the end of the movie he would kill the Jedi from Kalee and would be badly injured giving him his new armor.He would learn to use a lightsaber from Dooku and would have his first battle with Obi Wan Kenobi in this movie.The beginning would take place before Attack of the Clones and end during the early Clone Wars.

A Mace Windu Movie.

Highly doubt this would happen but it would be about Mace Windu surviving and trying to find Jedi allies to take on Vader with.He would spend the movie going after a ancient Jedi relic to help him defeat Sidious and Vader and with his Jedi allies he would defeat Vader though would be defeated by Palpatine.

Which of these seems most likely?

Yes I’m aware some of these could easily just be a comic series or book.

16. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I don't think any of the above are likely to be made as movies, but I could genuinely see a Mace Wind Disney+ series getting made. I don't think we'll get any further exploration of Palpatine/Plagueis in live-action (although I fully expect the former to rear his ugly, pruned face at some point), and I wouldn't be shocked if we never see Grievous in live-action again.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    #LetGrievousRestInPieces

EHT, Sarge and PymParticles like this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Why don't you like fun things ;)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think first and foremost a sequel to Solo A Star Wars Story! I want to see a Trilogy of the Knights Of The Old Republic films! I would love to see a live action Rebels movie of Ashoka Tano and Sabin Wren looking for Ezra Thrawn and the space whales! I would also love to see a Star Wars Toy Story a Mix of Pixar and Lucasfilm! Clone Wars and Rebels Cartoon Movie! Wouldn't mind if all if it was all released on Disney + because of COVID 19...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett and Crod1992 like this.
  20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The Quor'sav in Tall Tales
    [​IMG]

21. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    People like the Space Nazi and Alien Western aspects of Star Wars, so films with that focus maybe. Nothing too much in the past or Sithesque. That's just fanboying. No one wanted the history of Pazazu from Exorcist - yet they kept trying to give us that. And it sucked.

22. Gabricjen

Gabricjen Jedi Master star 3

Dec 16, 2003
    There are three films I would like to see in the next few years, in this release order too:

1- Star Wars: The Darkness Prime- No idea what the premise would be but definitely in this setting. The beginnings of the Jedi Order. Go way back. Birth of the Sith and the Jedi. Maybe Yoda's species and the Whills. Mortis. The whole shabang...

2- Fates of the Galaxy: A Star Wars Story- Bring back one last Anthology film (the rest of the ideas should go to Live Action TV like Solo 2, etc). Explain in more detail and add to lore of The Rise of Skywalker and The Last Jedi, the two divisive films. Clear the air by having this set during The Original Trilogy series and end before The Force Awakens. Maybe it follows the Emperor's clone son. From his birth to Rey's birth to being on the run. Show Sidious building his plans. Show Ochi, show Luke and Ben. Use some of the ideas from the Duel of the Fates screenplay like the Fall of Coruscant. Introduce Plageuis' master. Show some flashbacks of Palpatine and Plageuis when they were younger. Build it up.

3- Star Wars Episode X: Stars' End. Set 100 years after the Sequel trilogy, we show Rey passing into the Force netherworld and her padawans bid fadewell to her. But then an Ancient evil returns: Darth Plageuis. He can come back in a different way then Palpatine did in TROS. Maybe he learns a higher power. Having an ancient sith lord battle jedi padawans would be awesome. Some would join him, some would fight him. No chosen one, no special person but just a group of them finding a way to fight this. It would move passed the ST characters and the Skywalker Saga. Start a whole new trilogy of saga of films.

23. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    1. Vader between ROTS and ANH.
    2. Yoda, the early years.

Unfortunately, I don't get into SW as much as I used to. The ST sucked so bad that it kind of ruined it for me.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It drained some enthusiasm but all it will take is one really exciting new project and some people who were disenfranchised will swing back around. Star Wars is bigger than 1 or 2 setbacks.

That project is Admiral Raddus: A War Star Story

Riv_Shiel, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The Mandalorian did that for me (as does the promise of the Cassian and Obi-wan shows). But I feel sad for anyone who doesn’t connect to any of that either.

Which is why Raddus: A War Star Story must happen.