main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Future Star Wars Films Would You Like To See Made?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Oct 7, 2019.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I'm someone that goes to the theater a ton. Genuinely one of my favorite things to do. Since getting vaccinated back in April, I've been 14 times so far this year alone.

When the audience is great, it's incredible. When it isn't - oof. Last month I had a theater full of folks on opening day for The Many Saints of Newark texting through the entire screening. Last year at 1917 (the last movie I saw before pandemic struck, actually) a guy spent the entire film loudly explaining the history of World War I to the person he was with. The year before, during Parasite's final scene, someone's phone rang and they ANSWERED IT AND HELD A CONVERSATION THROUGH THE FILM'S CLOSING MOMENTS AND INTO THE CREDITS.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I manage a record store, and we are delightful!

(That'll be $39.99)

Sarge, TCF-1138 , Bor Mullet and 3 others like this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I adore visiting the cinema. It is a religious experience. But I prefer when I am the only person in the entire auditorium. Or with close friends who are likeminded in their focus on the screen. The number of people who attend a film for no other reason than to have a place to talk to one another for 2 hours seems to have increased to homicide-inducing numbers.

Bor Mullet and bstnsx704 like this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I always go on week nights now. I never have a problem, as I'm one of about 2 dozen people in the theater. At the most.

Sarge likes this.
  5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    High prevalence of a certain rumor doesn't necessarily correlated with truth, and that is an important point, However, I wouldn't say that it doesn't increase the likelihood of truth overall, even if by a moderate amount.

Maybe the source of this rumor is bad (I admittedly don't make it a point to be familiar with those that put rumors on the net), but I wouldn't be surprised if there were issues, as this sort of thing has in the past meant there were such problems. A lot of directors have come and gone for such a short period of time, so I would be curious to know the real story. I find it even less believable, all things considered, that the director just got too busy with other things.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    You're forgetting a crucial fact about Matthew Belloni, though. He's...hundreds of people.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Riv_Shiel and PymParticles like this.
  7. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I'm always perplexed by the prevalence of theatre horror stories on the Internet. I go to the theatre a lot and I just can't relate. And this is coming from someone who really dislikes interruptions while watching a movie for the first time. If I had the experiences everyone else seems to be having, I'd be complaining about it. For the most part theatre audiences are well behaved and respectful in my experience.

Are Canadians really that polite? Or is it that I don't usually go on weekends or cheap nights?

Sarge, PymParticles and TCF-1138 like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The point is that these "rumors" are all based on...one source. Which makes it just a rumor. And the source of the rumor is not reliable. That means there's actually not much "prevalence" to it. It's just one dude who doesn't like Kathleen Kennedy claiming he spoke with a couple insiders about it, and calling for Kennedy to be fired. And then a bunch of other people with nothing better to do repeating it.

Yes, Canadians are that polite. Terrifyingly so.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, hence my specificity regarding "US cinemagoers". It is a monastery in Ireland. In the US, it is like attempting to watch Snow White with the Gremlins.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Right... while there is some truth to the idea of "where there's smoke, there's fire", it doesn't really apply if things are all pointing to the same (questionable) source.

Riv_Shiel and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    In this case, the saying goes "where there's hot air, there's not necessarily fire."

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

Not pictured: A Chorus of Disapproval who is sitting just outside of frame.

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I am also Canadian, currently living in the States, and from my own personal experiences I can attest to there being a distinct, appreciable difference between how cooperative Americans and Canadians are in public settings by default, and in how willing they are to follow rules when asked.

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    *Throws popcorn in Pym's face*

Really, though, I'm in the US and I've had almost no issues at the theater. There is a general trend lately, though, where people seem to care less about being respectful of others... uggh.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I mean... I have sat next to a child whose parents opened a laptop so they could do their maths homework. And ask for help if they had any questions.

I do not exaggerate when I say this: the last 4 times I visited the cinema I was sitting in the immediate vicinity of couples who were only there to have a private place to discuss the state of their relationship.

And none of this accounts for the obnoxious people who just do good, old fashioned talking and laughing during a film's most dramatic moments.

EHT, PymParticles and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This story strikes me as true, except for one crucial detail. They were doing their math homework, not maths.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    As a kid, I went to see Popeye (with Robin Williams) and the kid next to me had a bowel movement in his pants during the movie, so no sympathy for your troubles here.

19. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Perhaps that guy was just an idiot knocking KK- my thing is that SOMETHING did happen- less movies in a given period of time is less money for Disney, so something significant happened. The reason it rang true is that what was being described already HAD happened too many times, which lends some amount of credibility typically- a claim that something from the past happened again. What actually DID happen will likely come out in the wash eventually, it always seems to.

20. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I feel like at that point you have permission to tell them to shut up

Sarge likes this.
  21. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    After going to the Alamo drafthouse last weekend, I don’t think I want to see a movie in any other theater ever again. That place is awesome, easily the best theater going experience I’ve ever had.

22. VaderBoyee

VaderBoyee Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2021
    Gormaanda and Saun Dann: Adventures in Love.

23. VaderBoyee

VaderBoyee Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2021
    I noticed alot of Dark Force Rising in TLJ.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have heard great things

25. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Multiplukecity, starring Michael Keaton as Luke Skywalker, who is starting up the New Jedi Order. Keaton also plays the role of Luke's clone teacher's aide, Luuke, and his clone aide, Luuuke, and his clone aide, Luuuuke, and his clone aide, Luuuuuke, and his clone aide, Luuuuuuke, and his clone aide, Luuuuuuuke, and his clone aide, Luuuuuuuuke, and his clone aide, Luuuuuuuuuke, and his clone aide, Luuuuuuuuuuke, and his clone aide, Luuuuuuuuuuuke, and his clone aide, Luuuuuuuuuuuuke, and his clone aide, Luuuuuuuuuuuuuke, and his clone aide, Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuke, and then
    his clone aide, Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke, turns to the dark side to become Darth Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke, who then trains a fish nun to be his apprentice.
    But maybe not that last part.

VaderBoyee and Darth Smurf like this.