main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Future Star Wars Films Would You Like To See Made?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Oct 7, 2019.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes, please.

2. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Fair enough.

Besides, my original question was whether people would want to see an ‘Andor style’ (aimed at adults) story about Force-users. Though TBH I suspect we’re about to get that with The Acolyte anyway.

Bor Mullet and Riv_Shiel like this.
  3. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes, please.
    Very possible.

Bor Mullet and Mostly Handless like this.
  4. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I want a movie that involves one species of shrimp at war with another species of shrimp, who are roughly 3.75" in length, excluding antennae.
    All of their ships are familiar models, just smaller, and filled with water.

Nom von Anor, EHT, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  5. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Shrimp? What about...

...PLANKTON!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    Siphonophore likes this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Oh, look, krill!

Siphonophore likes this.
  7. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Spotchka prohibition, and smuggling tiny monsters to King Prawna will be part of the plotline.

Sarge likes this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

9. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    As far as a plot, I don't have any ideas of what I want to see.

However, I know as far as TIMELINES are concerned...I'm personally burned out on the Imperial timeframe. Give me something pre-Phantom Menace. Give me something post ROTJ, pre-TFA. Give me something post Rise of Skywalker. Anything but the Imperial timeframe. I've reached a point, I feel, where I can glean no more interesting bits of information of what life was like under the Empire.

10. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    HEIR TO THE EMPIRE , DEC 2025
    DARK FORCE RISING , DEC 2027
    THE LAST COMMAND , DEC 2029

FILMED BACK TO BACK WITH ONE DIRECTOR AND ONE WRITER TO TWEAK THE STORY SO IF FITS INTO THE CANNON NARATIVE.

USING DE AGING TECHNOLOGY

DISNEY GIVES US THE ST WE ALL WANTED.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    2Cleva likes this.
  11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I’d prefer literally anything else.

El_Machete12 and Sarge like this.
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    BUT THE CAPS

13. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    OK, point taken, anything else except that. ^

15. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Even post RoTJ pre TFA, there are Imperial remnants. I doubt the entire First Order was wiped also, so if we ever saw more of Rey's journey post TRoS, except for some FO leftovers to pop up.

Which is why pre-TPM are the best time periods to focus on when Star Wars (hopefully) returns to the big screen. It forces the writers/producers to use different designs, no Xwing/Tie Fighter crutch....etc......

JoshieHewls likes this.
  16. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Yeah, there are Imperial remnants, but we could also see the rise of the New Republic, which so far has only been an offscreen event (aside from of few moments of New Republic X-Wings playing the part of police officers in Mando).

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  17. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Somehow, Carrie Fisher has returned....(?)

Seriously, though, no. It's distracting enough seeing CGI Luke for a few seconds on television; I don't want a trio of freaky CGI characters reenacting a bunch of books whose stories I already know.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  18. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Abrams rebooting his own Episode VII.

19. Darth Bane Trilogy Movies
    The Old Republic Era should be Movies instead of Shows leave the Shows for the High Republic Era

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2023
    wobbits likes this.
  20. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I've said it before, but it's more clear to me than ever that the Jedi Mandalorian war is a perfect opportunity to tell a big, cinematic narrative intended for theatrical release. We really don't know all that much about this war, which seemed to be a pivotal point in the history of two major cultures within this mythology. By this point, Mandalorian culture has cemented itself in mainstream Star Wars storytelling, and the possibility of exploring a conflict where audiences could have equal investment in opposing sides could make for some really rich and nuanced development. Also, the filmmakers could populate the story with entirely new characters rather than having to worry about which existing characters should or shouldn't be involved. Investment in new characters is the key of course, but I think that's arguably been the greatest strength of modern Star Wars storytelling.

Of course, Lucasfilm's current hesitancy to announce anything more than a single film at a time makes this a trickier proposition.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  21. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    They already used the technology for Carrie Fisher - you may know the story but many don't - what else would you rather have ? an attempt to fix the dam ST the no-one seems to like.......

2Cleva likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Well thats where you are wrong and thats ok. Go forward not backwards, the books and comics told that story. Post TROS or far into the past like High or old Republic.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
  23. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    So "we all" excludes people who know the story and don't want to just get it told over again? And the ST "we all" wanted was the story that "we all" don't know?

Sarge and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  24. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    This is the best era for introducing the Old Republic to the general audience for a few reasons.....

1. It isn't that old (Old Republic ended in 1032BBY, 1000yr before TPM).....in the context of a 25,000 year Jedi Order/Republic. Which is a good thing for casual viewers. One of the issues that can arise in bring Old Republic to the big screen is the question of "how old should it look?" I don't think Middle Ages Star Wars would go over well as a first attempt for Old Republic, but neither would, "its like the prequels but with some differences". A happy medium has to be made for Banes time, while leaving the door open to explore even more ancient looks If further stories are told 1000's years prior to Bane.

2. It has the strongest connections to the Prequel Trilogy, compared to other Old Republic eras. Palpatine mentions once more the Sith will rule the galaxy, Maul mentions at last we will have our revenge. We have REVENGE of the Sith. The Rule of Two was created by Darth Bane. The Sith are mentioned to be extinct a millennium ago in TPM. The Galactic Republic from the Prequels was formed in the ashes of the Old Republic in 1032BBY. A Banes Trilogy could end with that new Republic being created and the Rule of Two existing, two factors that blend into the prequels. Making it feel like a Prequel Prequel trilogy.

Unfortunately one big potential problem in selling the Old Republic to the general audience is no returning characters, not even Yoda. A part of the the appeal in wanting to see the prequels, was seeing younger versions of Vader, Obiwan, Yoda, Palpatine. When it came to the sequels, other then wanting to see how the new characters were done, a big appeal going into TFA was a return of seeing the OT cast.

No appeal like that for Old Republic.

The only way we could see a familiar character, like Yoda, is using the flashback technique to explore Banes time. Imagine if Banes trilogy doesn't open during his lifetime, but during the Galactic Republic where the real baby yoda is given a scene showing his training and having a history lesson. Yoda was born 896BBY, a 136 year gap between his birth and the end of the Old Republic. When he was just a student, there might have been a few long lived alien Jedi whom the Sith are still in living memory.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    You can have similar characters like Yoda in new character from same specie. Maz is one returning character. We could get Anakin cameo if we get a prophecy dream. You can have Mandalorians.