main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Future Star Wars Films Would You Like To See Made?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Oct 7, 2019.

1. Maybe Shmi Skywalker and Anakin Ancestors can appear in the Old Republic if there is a Darth Bane Movie or Show i hope is inspired by the Bane EU Novels

Darth Revan could also appear in Old Republic Era Movies even if Revan lived before Darth Bane in Legends but who knows in the New Canon

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2023
  2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Disney gave us a crap trilogy so why not give us a well loved book series as the trilogy we all wanted but did not get......

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    because its a book series that might even happen in these disney plus shows. plus Mara Jade GL enemy number one.

chris hayes likes this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Chill out on the ST bashing. There is an entire forum for discussing/complaining about the ST. Take it over there. We don't want any here.

5. chris hayes

Nov 13, 2012
    I'm hoping Heir to the Empire will see the light of day on at least Disney plus :)

2Cleva likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    You got Ahsoka looking for Thrawn, there's your first hint.

chris hayes likes this.
  7. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Unfortunately, I fear making an Old Republic or KOTOR series of films focusing on preexisting characters like Darth Bane or Revan will only limit the narrative possibilities since those characters have been so well explored to this point. And if you were to depart heavily from those established stories, that would only draw ire from the devotees of those eras. Granted, Thrawn's inclusion into current canon is an example of a retooling that's worked nicely so far, but in terms of new theatrical films why not focus on brand new characters, or at least ones we know very little about, like Tarre Vizsla?

8. M.Talon

M.Talon Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2023
    Let's jump forward and adapt Legacy.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    So 200 years into the future post TROS.

10. chris hayes

Nov 13, 2012
    Yeah but that didn't happen in Heir to the Empire as no Ashoka however Heir would have to be tweaked to have the cannon narative.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes it cant be full faithfull adaption.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
  13. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    People will jump on me but I want more Rey and ST characters.

14. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I won't jump on you, all different tastes should be respected.

But if DLFL were to build on anything that has seen the light of day since Disney bought the franchise, I hope it would be The Ninth Jedi from Visions. This should be made canon and built upon. I don't think there's anything remotely interesting in a Rey + friends story post sequel stuff personally.

15. M.Talon

M.Talon Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2023
    I truly believe that the time to have done the Heir to The Empire trilogy would have been back in the 90;s.

16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    The first new film being about Rey is a horrible choice, not that Rey's journey should never be continued in some form, but its not a good idea to bring back seats to the theatre after a long break and staring a ST character.

Part of the reason is the ST gave Rey the "worst Jedi era".

Im going to condense the eras a bit, but generally speaking there are 3 eras for Jedi.

1. Old Jedi Order
    2. Lukes Academy
    3. Rey and co.....

The Prequels/TCW and High Republic are just tips of the iceberg when it comes to exploring a 25,000 year old Order. There is so much that can be explored and presented on screen, new tales......

While Lukes Academy has a horrible end, at least we could get Luke Skywalker before he fell apart, Ben Solo before Kylo Ren. Focus on characters whom have a strong connection to Luke. This era also has other popular OT characters still alive like Han and Leia.

Because of certain decisions from the ST, Rey's jedi journey pales in comparison to what came before. It doesn't help that it feels like a repetition of Luke being the new hope to bring back the Jedi by having Rey walk in his footsteps.

Rey's journey post TRoS is better suited for a Disney+ series. The next star wars movie series should focus on the Old Jedi Order pre-TPM, because that has more potential.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

;):D

18. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I'm team Live Action Ewoks Mad Max Movie.

19. Power of the Dark Side

Power of the Dark Side Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2023
    Episode 0. Working title: Unnatural Abilities. The story of Darth Plagius and a young Palpatine. That would be an awesome movie.

Tay Neir likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Rogue Squadron. [face_not_talking]

21. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Rotor Squadron - A Star Wars Helicopter Story

Nom von Anor and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10