main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Future Star Wars Films Would You Like To See Made?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Oct 7, 2019.

1. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    any one seen Into The Badlands? Get those guys and go to town.

IgnusDei likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Chiznuk Edit: NOPE.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2019
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love to revisit the jedi origin story, but i also love a political drama on corucant that involves the jedi, the mandalorians and the sith. How the jedi dealt with politics in the past and had to go with all this red tape to deal with the sith and the madalorians with out angering the senate.

4. TK-2814

TK-2814 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 20, 2019
    Era wise: My first pick would be Old Republic because that’s something I haven’t delved into yet. The appeal that is has is it’s a time where there are multiple Jedi, but I would be ok with something that doesn’t take place between III-IX because I’m tired of the OT era or periods that try so hard to be similar to that period.

Conflict: I really want something that isn’t a retread of underdog rebels vs the big bad empire, so anything where the good guys aren’t severly underpowered.

Who: The thing that I love about Star Wars is the Jedi, and I like them even more when they’re not to the point of being non existent. So I would love to see films where I don’t have to worry about Jedi meeting their end because of a predetermined Order 66.

5. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I'd like to see a story set post-ST about the Mandalorians attempting to reclaim their former glory and conquer the galaxy. It could be set any number of years after the conclusion of TROS and feature the ST heroes if any of the actors are willing to return (assuming that the time period allows for it). Have Rey's Jedi Order and whatever regional government is on their side go up against the burgeoning Mandolorian empire.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think a story of the mandalorian people from being beaten and almost extinct by the hands of the empire, fights and builds themselves slowly into the military race they once were in the old days, would be a great story. I think the next big fighting force will be the mandalorians.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Yes on getting to see Mandalorian conquerors and some Jedi vs Mando action.

But I don’t want to see that post RoTJ.

A major consequence for the warmongering/slaughtering of innocents their warrior culture promoted once is that the Mandalorians never regain their former “glory”. What’s that they getting for being terrible people.

Mandos who do want to be conquerors like their ancestors should continue to be a dying breed/kept in small amounts post RoTJ.

For those that don’t want to repeat the past, I want to see that version of a Mandalorian grow, not through conquering.

Their is still a vast period to see a pre-“Nuked” Mandalore and the road that led to that. During their prime.

For a long period of time their were Mandalorian crusaders expanding across the stars, eventually running into the Jedi and adapting to fight them. Then for a while they experienced various conflicts with the Old Republic/Jedi.

It’s better anyways for a Jedi order not limited to what Rey will do, to be the ones we see fight the Mandalorians.

8. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    MARA JADE ORIGIN STORY! ANTI HERO FROM THE IMPERIAL SIDE OF THE POND! Seriously, we’ve seen the militant side, but there is a social structure that lends itself to be as glamorous and action heavy as a James Bond flick... WITH FORCE POWERS.

Also, the cut scenes from Force Unleased are pretty cinematic, but it would be nice to see it play out as an actual movie.

9. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Follow the Force or Die Hard.

10. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I agree with everyone talking about Mando movies, in whatever form. I see the Mandalorians, like many others here, as representing one of the huge unmined treasures of the Star Wars universe.

I also would like to see select adaptation of some of the best Legends stories. Even if this came in animated film form, it would be super cool.

11. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    One word: Yoda

Well two words: Baby Yodas

Seriously, LFL just landed on a goldmine with the baby yoda thing. They inadvertently created a massive demand and mass appeal with that one creature, a newly discovered love for Yoda, and now a likely upcoming demand for stories about Yoda and/or the old Jedi/Sith that heavily features Yoda's species.

12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Well eventually they’ll make a Jedi origin movie, right?

Was there a Jedi origin story in the past of EU? If so what was it?

I’d guess a new origin story would touch on the idea that there are parts of the galaxy that are force sensitive like the cave in TLJ and somebody will discover it and fumble their way and into learning how to connect to the Force.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    You do realize that the Mandalorians are currently being mined in a TV show airing...right now? ;)

14. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I hope so. :) Although I'm hoping other eras are mined too.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. IdrisianGraecus

IdrisianGraecus Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2019
    I want either a KOTOR, Darth Plagueis, or Mara Jade movie to be honest.

black_saber and Tython Awakening like this.
  16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    According to Iger's WSJ interview you get new stuff and not what you want.

17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    How about a murder/suspense story? Three teenagers, two boys and a girl, are off in the woods training and camping, the two boys get into a physical altercation and one boy accidentally kills the other boy. The third friend, the girl witnesses the altercation from afar so she doesn't understand that it was an accident. The boy who killed his friend, and who is the only Force sensitive one of the three, panics and uses a Jedi mind trick to make the girl believe that what she saw was an accident.

The boy justifies manipulating his friend by thinking to himself that he's not tricking his friend, but rather he's making it clearer to her what actually happened. Nevertheless he's manipulating his friends mind. Then the boy takes it a step further. He doesn't want anybody to suspect that he had anything to do with his friends death even if it was an accident so he moves his friends body and makes it look like his friend fell.

The boy uses his Jedi mind trick powers again to get his friend to help him move the body. When the boy and girl return home, the boy tells his parents and the authorities that their friend fell and died. The Force sensitive boy says he tried to use the Force to catch his friend but he wasn't fast enough. He blames himself for his friends death, which is technically true, but not in the way he's presenting what happened to his folks and the authorities. His parents and the authorities buy his story and the boy gets sympathy from his folks. They're all feeling sorry for this kid whose manipulating everybody. Since the girl/friend was mind tricked she can't refute what the boy tells everybody. She's not even aware that she's unknowingly become an accomplice in the death of her friend.

Then there's a twenty year time jump and the Force sensitive boy is a prominent, powerful, respected member of society. A recent death by falling similar to the falling death from twenty years ago is in the news and a cop, (whose's Force sensitive), starts investigating the recent murder. As she investigates the recent murder she starts to see the parallels to the murder from twenty years ago and she gets closer to revealing the truth!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  18. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I was always fascinated by the obvious tension between Ozzel and Piett in TESB. Reinforcing that was Krennic’s manoeuvring in Rogue One. It might be good to see something that dealt with similar intrigue, backstabbing and career rivalry among Imperial Officers. Maybe not a movie. A three part mini-series or something.

black_saber and Demon4x4 like this.
  19. Demon4x4

Demon4x4 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2019
    I want to see a movie with opposing force users, played by Ruth Wilson and Eva Green. One goes from dark to light, and the other vice-versa, in an attempt to defeat the other, in a yin-yang kind of thing. Must include Sith/Nightsister-esque force sorcery and an analogy of a wizard battle. Act II of III would be epic, in my estimation.

Trinu 3.0 and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  20. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I want to see post Sequel trilogy set thousands of years into the future.

It’s called Knights of the New Republic. A new approach. But what’s most likely to come is the old republic movies and tv shows which I am still thrilled for. :eek:

Also which I doubt is going to happen is a Clone wars live action tv series. I want it to be about the Republic commandos with the same actor whom played Jango Fett getting to be the lead role.

Can you imagine him playing multiple clones with different personalities? :clone:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I would like to see another Han & Chewbacca movie, with this one directly inspired by one of the Daley novels.

What I will see is Episodes X, XI, and XII. It's a certainty that, at some point, the Saga films will continue and that one or more Skywalkers will be the focus. It's just a matter of when Disney, or whomever runs the property at that time, decides to work on it.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Darth Wardawg

Darth Wardawg Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 12, 2018
    I like this but I'd say stay away from the constraints of a trilogy format. Do one film, kind of like what they did with Ironman. Just do a great Knights of the Old Republic film. Then do a second one. Then a third one. Have them connected, but you don't need to say "we are gonna do a trilogy" or a "quintet."

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Merrin

Merrin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 12, 2019
    KOTOR trilogy: 1st part is the story of how the greatest warrior of the Jedi Order became Darth Revan, second part follows the plot of KOTOR I and the third one is based on the novel.

24. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    I LOVE RUTH WILSON. She would be amazing for Star Wars!

25. Merrin

Merrin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 12, 2019
    I would like to see the Sith in their true glory before the rule of the two.