main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Future Star Wars Films Would You Like To See Made?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Oct 7, 2019.

1. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Where they were all incompetent infight-y non-sneaky/scheming jocks.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want the GFFA to just keep moving forward in the timeline

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Rey and Finn as future jedi and how the jedi rebuild to their former glory.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    DarthRosie and TK-2814 like this.
  4. DarthVigo

DarthVigo Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2019
    While they are attempting to restore the Jedi Order their recruits keep being murdered.As they look for the killer it's revealed that it's Darth Talon! Once Rey rejected her grandfather he sends his new apprentice after her would be students.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    DarthRosie likes this.
  5. Zef

Zef Jedi Knight

Oct 26, 2015
    Leave it!!! LET the franchise rest in peace!

6. kylorobes

kylorobes Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 3, 2016
    I would love to see a film about Maul's life . His home planet and family must have some interesting stories to be told

7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I wouldn't mind seeing more with Zori and Jannah.

Sarge likes this.
  8. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I definitely got the impression they were hinting at some project for Jannah and Lando, I would guess a tv show

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  9. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Jannah, Zori, and Rose show. Guest starring Lando.

El_Machete12 and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  10. Merrin

Merrin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 12, 2019
    Rian Johnson version of TRoS.

11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    TROS all the way baby!!!!!!

12. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    KOTOR trilogy or more
    A movie about bounty hunters or smugglers

13. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I would love to see films centering on the origins of the Sith...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cwustudent and DarthRosie like this.
  14. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I don't know about "origins", but if it's non-KOTOR type stuff and they just do their own completely-different thing I'd be on board.

Buuuut I'd give anything to do a deep-dive into some of this weird-&-wacky Sith acolyte tRoS stuff. Absolutely bananas, so cool.

15. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Disney needs to separate from all past SW lore to give the fans a fresh entry point. Past or known characters won't work.

I guess they will go with some sort of Jedi Academy, with the events of TROS causing a reset in the Force.

16. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    KotoR Era.

17. callmejoe

callmejoe Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2015
    A bit of a guilty pleasure but I would like to see Luke as a hero again, perhaps an animated post RotJ film.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I like for it to go in the past in kotor or beofre the republic, or in the future with grand master Yoda and the jedi back in full force maybe back on corusant.

19. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    Something in the future. Say,One-hundred years? Jedi Order is rebuilt and have a few schools/temples. Wondering Knights doing good (stopping pirates and slavers)and Elder Masters who look for Force-sensitive's. Some kind of conclave of Lightside Force organizations.

Sarge likes this.
  20. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Or go back to the early days of the Jedi and show how they formed..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

21. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Adventures of Zorii and Jannah would be great for D+. I really liked Janna's character and there's more story (just get BDW involved who looked like he had a BLAST with TROS). Zorri is underdeveloped but has a clear backstory. (why they didn't show Kerri's face is beyond me unless they do plan to feature her later).

But TROS really gave me an idea. Palpatine seemed like he could have been a playboy before ROTS. He could have had several women impregnated during his reign of power. So, it's possible that Rey has siblings out there. Imagine if one emerges and tries to reestablish the Sith order or at least the dark side. Rey has to train new padawans to combat her own sibling. Unlike with the OT where Luke didn't know about his father, Rey clearly knows about her sibling. It inserts the sibling idea that was missing in the ST and sets up a whole new dynamic.

But I think the overall consensus and desire is to have an early jedi order/sith order set of films. We have set ups for locations already with Exegol and Ach-To. We have Jedi Prime ideas and the ancient texts. We have a popular Mortis idea that can be incorporated (people would like that). If they announce that with the RIGHT person/people and Feige is somehow involved (clearly a good substitute for the GOT guys) I think good will could immediately be inserted in the masses.

I think a storyline dealing with the distant past would/could be similar to storylines dealing with the distant future. Force users are either unknown, outlawed, secretive, and seen as witches like in the Salem witch hunts, until it is realized that they could help society. A BIG twist could be that those who use the dark side actually came first and were seen as the key to fight off enemies. It's actually the Jedi order that breaks from THEM to form a more religious sect, settling on Ach-To. People think this group is a bunch of fanatical monks who are weak until the main order (ones that use the dark side) start to wreak havoc due to arrogance and narcissism. The sect of "goodies" that become the Jedi are led by and started by either a sibling, former lover, or best friend to the main leader of the dark sect that came first. In fear of more joining this "good sect" the dark siders go on a hunt for Force sensitives around the galaxy using the newly developed light speed tech. It is a race to acquire this tech to thwart the efforts going on to attract young Force users to the side of evil.

Sarge and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  22. callmejoe

callmejoe Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2015
    also, I would like too see a meeting between Luke and Ahsoka. 99% it would never be seen in a movie, even an animated side story, but would nice to see.

23. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    If they were set on connecting a bunch of films set in the distant past they could explore the first people able to use the force. These people could be thought of as witches and / or evil and using it be punishable by death . Sure this has been done but could be a way to go.
    I’d do something like that. Have evil force users causing big trouble in whatever way and have some goodies come out of the closet to help.
    They could take a few movies to develop the whole lightsaber idea. Start from the very beginning.

Sarge likes this.
  24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm sure there will be a desire to explore Rey's journey following the events of the sequel trilogy, but I suspect that's a long way off, if it ever happens at all. Personally, I wonder if the focus on The Mandalorian will lead to a new film/trilogy/saga delving into the conflict between the Jedi and the Mandalorians. That's fertile territory for Favreau and Filoni to develop.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Yeah that's kind of what I said too lol.

Anyone have the Art of Force Awakens book? There's a nice pic of early lightsabers using the crystal. They seemed to have ideas already circling around LFL to be used for other films. And the Jedi killer, Shamans, other Yoda-like creatures (one being evil).....they definitely developed art for ALL possibilities. And the current affinity for baby Yoda and his species is a great staring point.

The Art of Rise of Skywalker was delayed until March 31 (bummer-I was hoping for that for tomorrow morning). But there's got to be a reason other than to avoid spoilers. If that were the case, then just wait one month. I have a feeling they are compiling ALL unrleased ST art work in that book. Who knows what knids of gems there will be to inspire new ideas!