main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happend to Qui-Gon's lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by padawanskywalker, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I think he kept it to mourn.

2. President-JarJar

President-JarJar Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    I think he really kept it to pass gas on. :p

3. padawanskywalker

Apr 16, 2003
    Well,I think after he used it he gave a good thought about burning it,or keeping it.He decided to keep it he kept it for his whole life until he died.

4. Delorean_Kenobi

Delorean_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 14, 2003
    My theory is that it would have been put into the Jedi equivalent of a 'museum' or Jedi Archives.

It may have been on display as the lightsaber that defeated a Sith Lord, on display like Isildor's sword in LOTR that was responsible for defeating Sauron.

5. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    I'm not sure where I read this, but somewere...

It said that Obi-Wan kept Qui-Gon's lightsaber and used it from time to time the following years... But what happend to it later on I don't know....

6. padawanskywalker

Apr 16, 2003
    Perhaps it was lost during the Purge,explaining perhaps the remains of jedi and all the stuff in the temple like this: It was a dark day for the Republic.Darth Vader's stormtroopers had killed all the jedi alive,remains of jedi and their belongings are scattered with the remains of the Temple.Lord Vader kneels over a hunk of ash in the darkness,"A lightsaber",he says, his voice trailing off.......Qui-Gon's lightsaber.......... That is what I think happend,and he kept it until he died on the Death Star,it just blew up along with the ship.

7. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    On the cover of Rogue Planet, Obi-Wan is holding Qui-Gon's lightsaber, so he probably kept it and used iit for a wile. Then again, considering the Marvel Comics covers featured all red lightsabers, covers can be deceiving.

This was originally posted by SilentSith: Not to change the topic, but talking about lightsabers and where they went, what happened to Obi-Wan's in ANH? Did Vader keep it or something??

Well, in the Junior Jedi Knights series, it reveals that Darth Vader kept in in his fortress. Anakin Solo finds it, and gives it to Luke. Then, in the New Jedi Order, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but a grown-up anakin got it, and replaced the crystal with an organic Yhuzzan Von(SP?) crystal that emitted a lavender blade.

8. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I stole it. It's sitting above my fireplace next to a ship in a bottle. HA!

:p

Then, in the New Jedi Order, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but a grown-up anakin got it, and replaced the crystal with an organic Yhuzzan Von(SP?) crystal that emitted a lavender blade.

Uggggh. Blasphemy. :(

Rick McCallum loves you!

9. SilentSith

SilentSith Jedi Master star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    slimybug- All right, and thanks for answering the question. That?s what I figured happened to it. Now...any idea what happened to Yoda?s lightsaber? (I?ll stop asking questions now).

(<SilentSith

10. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Yep, Obi-Wan Kenobi did use it during the event's of Rogue Planet. I did'ent read the whole novel so what happend to it? :confused:I remember anticipating Obi-Wan still using it going into AOTC, instead he had to build a replica of his crappy TPM model. :mad:

Another theory I heard was that it was possibly put on display in the Jedi Archives since they were rumored to have archaic Holocrons and various ligtsabers there......

<[-]> Saber

11. Boba_Fett_tbh

Boba_Fett_tbh Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    I think it was burnt with QGJ. And I think that Luke Skywalker did the same with Vader's l.saber in ROTJ.

12. Queen-Sabe

Queen-Sabe Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2003
    I think he keep it.I don't think he uses it though.

13. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    It's been a while since I've read Rogue Planet...but I think Obi-Wan did use it against a TF starfighter's straffing attack (it's didn't go as well as planned). But after that, I don't recall what might have happened to Qui-Gon's lightsaber.

When I saw the "Breathing" trailer, my original thought was that Anakin used Qui-Gon's lightsaber (while building his own) as a sort of momento of their sharded "father figure" (I always thought of Obi-Wan as an older brother trying to raise his younger sibling at the request of their mutual father-like mentor)

Perhaps Qui-Gon's lightsaber is on display somewhere in the jedi temple, as a symbol of respect for a fallen jedi.

14. bountyhuntr

bountyhuntr Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2003
    He might have given it back to the Jedi council. (Not you moderators!) They may have reused it.

15. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    i am not going to get into what happened to it i just want to reply to the person who said qgj was the best swordsman.

how can you say that when mace and yoda were alive at the time ,i mean mace created vaapad form 7 if qgj even knew this form he would have destroyed maul on his own

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.