main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happend to Spoiler Free?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth-Seldon, Dec 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Hello all,
    I am not always up to date with admin decisisons. I went to go post in The Episode three Spoiler Free board and found that only admins could post there. Futhermore I found that all the old threads had vanished.

What happend to the Forum?

Seldon

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    It went "private," in order to avoid spoilers leaking in. The forum you went to was the registration forum, where you apply to gain access to the actual forum- where everything is as it was, just a bit more "Spoiler Free". ;) :)

Read more here... ;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

3. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Did you think to read any of the threads in that forum? Perhaps, just perhaps, they might explain things.

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Right--its to keep out trolls who would post spoilers. Read the rules threads in the registration forum and it will all be clear to you. ;)

Edit: Yeah, and I agree with Jeff too.

5. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Did you think to read any of the threads in that forum? Perhaps, just perhaps, they might explain things.

Bingo. Plently of stuff in that forum to explain what's happening. Plus, the thread here in Comms explaining the change is just a few down from where this one is currently. Generally, if anything new happens on the boards, come to Comms and there'll be something here to remind you.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > Bingo. The thread is just a few down from where this one is currently

YodaJeff
    was referring to the threads in the 3SA Registration Board, which clearly explain where the real 3SA is, how to join up, and why the general public can't start new threads in the Registration forum.

7. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    YodaJeff was referring to the threads in the 3SA Registration Board, which clearly explain where the real 3SA is, how to join up, and why the general public can't start new threads in the Registration forum.

You mean 3NS. ;)

Oops. I'll edit that... [face_blush]

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Heh, yes I do.

// shrug //

9. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I did read the boards.

Why do they not let you go to spoilers board and register for the Non Spoilers. I mean I don't usually go to spoilers but I occasianally go just to see what their banner looks like. Will I not be allowed in Non-spoilers because of this? Is is posting in Spoilers which is not allowed or viewing spoilers?

10. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    All the new board means is that the No Spoiler Allowed forum is now protected by being in a private forum. To enter this forum, you just have to go to the public registration forum and say that you wish to post in the NSA forum.

It doesn't have anything to do with the 3SA forum.

11. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes, it would then be taken from that point on by the 3NS forum Mods as to activate your user name the ability to post there after of course checking into your user name further ;) .

If you sign onto the thread depending upon what time, I'm sure if approved you'd be able to post there perhaps tonight ;) .

12. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    The rules, as of 3/22/02 (by Mr. P...
    Why doesn't that surprise me??? No offense to anyone else...I'm sure it's gonna be a lovely idea (rolls eyes), but my previous experience with the P-mister doesn't fill me with a great sense of hope. So are the "rules" gonna be constantly getting more and more constrictive...should just take my chances in Spoilers boards, and be done with it? People (myself included) are going to get tired of the "guidelines" getting more and more restrictive as we get closer to Episode III...I mean folks were bickering over the trailers for weeks after they hit theaters!

Who came up with that schedule of "what is a spoiler" Donald Rumsfeld? We're on an ORANGE spoiler alert, nobody is allowed to say anything about what they read in issue 3 of Star Wars Insider

13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    You might take a look at the date those rules were posted, and then at Mr.P's account. He hardly posts now, and hasn't been an active moderator since the early summer of 2002.

I'm uncertain as to just who specifically put the existing rules together, but I'm certain it wasn't just him.

14. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    and hasn't been an active moderator since the early summer of 2002.
    Thank the Force...I just remember the AOTC NS board was overrun by constant jabbering (and the "P" usually right on the front lines) over what IS and ISN'T considered a spoiler; regardless of the very reasonable TFN policy of..."when Lucasfilm releases it (trailers/books/toys), it's all good!"

Some people act like that scene from "Dogma" where Chris Rock talks about how Catholics don't celebrate their faith...they mourn it. My rant last night was basically saying NS boards should be about celebrating the upcoming conclusion of the SW saga...without all the wild gossip. I'm still checking the Outlander Club scene for any signs of Moby...that one MUST be true, I read it on TFN ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.