main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happened to Digital Llama Radio?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Underpaid_Soldier, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    In the TFN fan film section, Digital Llama Radio's last episode was from GenCon. What's their status?

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    We've been covering this at starwarsfanworks.com (the home of SW fan audio, heh).

Basically, Digital Llama Radio merged with its sister program, Digital Llama Player's Guide, last year. The new merged program, Digital Llama 2.0 was the run that ended with the GenCon 2-parter. Now, the team has been greatly revamped and they will soon be launching a new non-Star Wars internet radio show, still hosted by TFN's servers, called "Film Geeks." Hanel and Wasta will both be back, but no other "Llamas" will take part. The show will be aired live via streaming audio, but also have downloadable archives after the fact.

They're intending to air every Monday evening, and are shooting for a June start, but right now, that's up in the air, as the team is still working on getting a website ready to go, from which to broadcast.

You can still listen to the older episodes of DLR/DL2 on TFN Fan Films (where most of the links work) or StarWarsFanworks.com (where all the links work), and at Fanworks, you can also download their DLPG episodes if desired. They're all under radio shows, separated by which series run they're from.

3. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Interesting, glad you guys are still around. Keep up the work!

4. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    hehe. he thinks Nathan was a part of DLR.

5. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Heh, I was not. I was a 2-time guest and host the files, but I was not a panelist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.