main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happened to Willie and Short Round?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by PMT99, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    We all know that Temple of Doom took place 1 year before Raiders and I just want to know why neither Willie or Short Round made any appearrance in Raiders? How come Indy never mentions either of them? I can't believe that he would abandon a little child like Short Round and forget all about him not to mention that he would blow off Willie just so he could reconnect with Marion.

Comments?

2. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    They fell in love and got married. Indy put all thought of them out of his mind, out of sheer jealousy. Which partner he was jealous over remains a mystery to this day. :D

3. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Well, he may have found a good home for Short Round and as for Willie? Meh, who would want to be with her?

4. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    [image=http://0.tqn.com/d/jewelry/1/7/U/K/81141937.jpg]

5. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

Oh yes. I forgot that Willie Scott is not the "ideal" action hero's girl.

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Ha. I was going to say that Willie ran off with Spielberg.

Look these characters were fun for Temple of Doom but they weren't critical to his life and surely didn't deserve any mention in Raiders or any other movie. Though it was funny that people were speculating on Short Round's possible involvement in Indy 4. Would have been funny to see that guy in the Wedding scene.

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Short Round

If you click the Willie Scott link it does not mention what she does besides return to the U.S. with Indy and Short Round. I hav eonyl read one Indy comic and a choose your own adventure style novel so I am not familier with the Indy EU at all.

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    First thing into my mind is not very family-friendly, so I'll refrain. Just extrapolate from how short round treats willy as a child. :p

9. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Even though nothing from Lucasfilm will ever top Palpatine telling Anakin Skywalker a Sith fairy-tale in an operahouse =P~, the following would surely stand as the second, crowning nerdgasmic-scenario...

Indy, Henry, Brody and Shorty move in together post-Crusade. They play cards, scream at each other, and venture out in '45 to fight Imperial Japan. Best of all, we'd get to hear Sean Connery intone: "Short Round! Gather your chopsticks!"

10. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    [face_laugh]

I nominate that as the best idea ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.