main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What has been your biggest bargain in your SW collection and why?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LoneGungan, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Well, MJF, They have been sitting quietly in my collection since I bought them in 1986 for the 50 cent price. I didn't play with them much when I was a kid, so, Amanaman has his staff and coin, and Han Solo has his carbonite and coin.

(Maybe I should have said I paid 50 cents for them in 1986? Still a pretty fine deal in my opinion.)

2. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    My best bargain was the lego darkside developer kit original $99 plastic was riped reduced to $75 got to th eregister it rang up $29 WOW I ran out of the store before they changed their mind.

3. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    When the POTF2 ATAT came out I got $100 dollars off the price because I got TRU to price match a catalogue that came in another SW toy (A wing I think?) I felt it was a good deal because if I bought from the catalogue I would had to pay a HUGE postage on top of that price. :)

4. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    The biggest bargain that I got was free! I friend of mine was going to throw a bunch of the vintage Star Wars Buger King glasses in the trash, but I came by right before they tossed them, and saved them from being destroyed. :D

5. Grey

Grey Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2002
    I think some of my best deals are when i bought the POTF2 AT-AT and POTF2 FX X-Wing. I got them for $20 each when my KB Toy shop was trying to get rid of all the POTF2 stuff they had sitting around.

I also got the Royal Starship for $50 from KB but i didn't think it was as good a deal as the AT-AT

6. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    The best bargain I have had is getting a TPM Yoda at TRU for $2. It was during their "all old Star Wars junk must go" sale.

7. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    5 CT Stormtroopers for $1.99 each when TRU was blowing them out in 2000.

8. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Unfortunatley the stores near me never seem to have HUGE clearance sales where you can get figures dirt cheap, They seem to sell for full retail become pegwarmers or get cleared totally from the shelfs.
    Very occasionally my TRU will sell the 12" figs that have damaged boxes, I got my Emperor and Guard that way 50% off (still not cheap)

9. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I just picked up the R2 pepsi cooler not the little one the big store display for 20 bucks at a yard sale five blocks away from my house.the dome has a small chip but I have wanted one for so long. when I saw it driving by I said to my wife R2-D2 and she said yea I saw it then we both realized it and stopped. we offered the lady 15 and she said no that another neighbor had bought a bunch of other stuff and she knew he would pay the 20 and that she had seen them go for as much as 250 so we gave her the 20 put it in my wifes hundai accent and drove away I was so wooried it was gonna fall out of the trunk.

10. jedidavid

jedidavid Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2000
    There are a few. Here are my favorites ....

The Leia, Chewbacca and C-3PO cookie jars that normally go for $250 each for $30 each. Still in the boxes.

The Naboo Starfighter display thats about 6 feet long for $60.

The Qui Gon /Queen Amidala 12" set that normally went for like $80 or $90 at the fan club at a closeouts store for $20.

A boxed vintage 12" Leia for $120. Not as good as some deals, but it was something I'd wanted for a while.

Two 12" Valorum/Senate Guard sets for $15 each at KB Toys. Also the Return to Naboo doll for $15 also at KB.

11. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I guess my biggest deal in terms of discounted price would be when, about a week ago, I got twenty-four packs of Episode II cards for a quarter. I guess they were clearing out for Series 2.

12. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    My best deal would probably be either the 12" Captain Tarpals and Kaadu I got on clearance at Target for $13 bucks, or when I picked up a Naboo Fighter and Droid Fighters on Clearance at Walmart for a total of $3 bucks (Naboo fighter was $2.00 and the Droid fighters were $1.00). :D

13. TOBBI_DALA

TOBBI_DALA Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    Best bargain?? Last year at Walmart i stumbled upon a pallet with unopened boxes. I opened one up and the FX7 wave was in the box. I picked up 2 FX7s, 2 Amidalas (black gown), 2 Imperial officers, and 1 Rebel Fleet Trooper. I scanned one of the figs, thinking i wouldnt have enough money, and the figure came up .50!! I almost fainted. Got all 7 figs (another guy picked up the other 5 figs in the case) for $3.50.

14. WedgeAntilles1

WedgeAntilles1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    I got a Jedi Starfighter lego for $4.87! I also got an Imperial shuttle for $16.05! :)

15. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    If I may revise my previous post, I'd haveto say my biggest bargain is the 12-inch Electronic Boba Fett figure for $9.99 shipped from kbkids.com. They were having a sale on some of their exclusives and I had a code for free shipping. One of the finest 12-inch figures in the modern line, and it was all mine for less than the cost of 3 Wendy's cheeseburgers ;)

16. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Well, the Estes Maxi Brute X-Wing I got for $24.00 a couple years ago I say would qualify. I got word of this about a month earlier from a buddy of mine on the net and filed that away from reference, although I couldn't remember the name of the shop it was at. The day finally came for me to go to Lincoln, NE on business and after I concluded that business, I went to check out the local comic shops for this Maxi Brute X-Wing I heard about. I didn't find it at the first two stores (ones listed in the phone book), but got word of a third store that might have it.

Now by this time, I had to get ready to drive back to Omaha for a dinner that night and there was also a winter storm on the way. So I made the decision to head to the third store, since it was sort of on my way out of town anyway. I got there, and sure enough, the rocket kit was still there. I gladly paid my $24.00 plus tax and headed back home.

It was chancy too as I ran smack into a sleet storm and almost put the car in a ditch in the process. But, I had in my posession a complete Maxi Brute X-Wing kit, which was in the same scale as the original X-Wing studio models. Just to put it into perspective as to how much these can go for, I got a second one off eBay recently and paid about $95.00 plus shipping for that one. So, with two now, I'm going to build one. Stuff like this deserves to be enjoyed.

Second place would probably go to an AMT/Ertl Flight Display Vader's TIE I got at Toys R Us when they were closing out of plastic kits. The barcode scan came up $1.99 and I wasn't about to argue that price. :)

17. TOBBI_DALA

TOBBI_DALA Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    I remembered another bargain in my collection. About 3-4 years ago, this guy that filled the vending machines where i worked asked me if i had seen this Gold Yoda can. I told him i didnt. He sold it to me for $20. He told me that he had filled vending machines in Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and New York and had never seen one of those cans. A few weeks later, he found out that at the time it was worth $80 and kept teasing me for the $60 that he was shorted.

18. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    back in 1983, the local grocery store was selling the Presto Magic of RotJ for 99 cents. I opened one but I haven't used any. One is of the ewok village (Leia in the brown dress) and one is of the sail barge (I think Leia is in her bounty hunter cloths, without the helmet).

edit:
    I don't think this was too good a bargain. When the Star Wars Monopoly came out, they had special ones, with gold coins. One I saw for $29, which I did not buy. One day at toys r us, they had one that had been open, and missing pieces, for $12, but I bought it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.