main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What have you done in the name of Star Wars?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by miked81_98, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miked81_98

miked81_98 Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2003
    I am doing a research project into Star Wars fans. i would like to know what you have done in the name of Star Wars, the craziest things that you have done to show your love for Star Wars.
    please let me know what you have done no matter how small it is.
    thanks

2. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    I once killed a man in the name of the Almighty Movie [face_plain]

;)

3. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Does Dressing up at the premiere of AOTC count?

4. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    I did that too...but I also went to school the next day in my outfit! :D

I'm in a FF...if that's not crazy enough I don't know what is! :p

My brother had just gotten out of the hospital the night of the midnight showing and he still went to see it! :eek:

I almost missed Prom for a FF meeting... :p

God bless!

-Malz

5. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I have spent about 60% of my life (I'm almost 18 now- so since I was 7) studying all that is Star Wars. I have read and own most of the books, seen and own all the movies, heard most of the commentaries, own my own lightsaber, etc... I basically live for Star Wars. If you were to ask anyone that I see on a daily basis (my parents, my co-workers) they will tell you that Star Wars is all I ever talk about... :D

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Hmmmm... a lot... I named my oldest daughter Leia, my car is covered in Star Wars stickers, I spent 3 weeks in line in front of the Manns Chinese Theatre waiting for TPM to come out, I often wear my costumes to movies and events, I became known as "The Star Wars Lady" in San Diego in the week prior to AOTC coming out and appeared on a local radio program. I have a Star Wars room in my house for my collectibles that is overflowing. I am the President and Co-Founder of the San Diego Star Wars Society and the weekend before last we went out to where Jabba's Sail Barge Scene was filmed armed with metal detectors and shovels and recovered some pieces from the Sarlacc Pit, some nails from the set, a piece of the floor paneling on the sail barge, a piece of the side of the barge, a piece of the silver front of the barge, a piece of the railing, and pieces of the "fake dunes" they used as well as other artifacts. There is more but I am sure you can see how fanatical I am already. :D

7. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I wore a clean shirt when I went to see AOTC.

8. MightySpork

MightySpork Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    In the name of Star Wars, I now post in this thread

9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    MJF, that's crazy, but sound like a lot of fun!!! :D :D :D

I've run around on Sweden's largest leisure park a whole normal Saturday dressed as Padme, together with my FF. That was great, our TIE-pilot got called Darth Vader 47 times.

10. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    WHOA! [face_shocked] looking at all these other thing people have done makes me feel like I could have done better. [face_laugh] the only thing I have done before was to wear an outfit and carry around my wooden dowl and fihtmy friend in front of a fw people. But thats barely anything compared to you guys.

11. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I cofounded what is now the Toronto fanforce, and lined up for two weeks for TPM. I ran screaming down the streets of New York in a Leia costume so I could visit the NY line on their first day (May 1, 1999). I headed across the border for C2, then lined up for a week for AOTC in Toronto (wearing a homemade Ep II Padmé costume that was made before the movie came out). I helped start up the London FF, and today I had 20 people over at my place from the three Ontario FF's for the craziness that is IMAX!

Oh ya, I'm a fan! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.