main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "What I do is not up to you." - Wonder Woman 1984

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 5, 2016.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Someone claiming to be an ex-WB employee writes an open letter calling the WW film a mess along with other insults. The director responds HERE

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    At the end - THAT MUSIC!
    Same! This one looks great!
    Mine got the comic-con one.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    For some reason, I'm predicting a 57% rating on RT. I really don't know why.

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That actually sounds really accurate. Half will hate it because it's DC, the other half will love it because it empowers women.

Note I am not taking a stance one way or the other that's just what I think will happen.

5. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

I can see audience scores being 70s or so... RT score... I'm guessing single digits. Catwoman, Elektra, and Supergirl are all low, and for critics to get traction on their websites they'll need to say Wonder Woman is even worse than those movies so a 6 or 5% seems most likely.

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    :rolleyes:

That letter really rings false. I mean, the writer says that he's a "dork" when he talks about how much he loves comics. This is going to sound kind of stupid, but the word is "nerd." I haven't heard the word "dork" used in context of loving comics in a really long time. And, look, I don't know the ins & outs of production, but Warner Bros has also been behind some really great and successful movies during the period the writer talks about. Prisoners, The Conjuring movies, Fury Road, Her, The Lego Movie, Interstellar, Inherent Vice . . . these all had WB logos on them, didn't they?

That said, Jenkins shouldn't have made such a big deal with her response. She should have just ignored it probably. Her vociferous tweeting kind of seems overly defensive.

GenAntilles likes this.
  7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    The thing is that it's basically just amped up shadow-boxing. She criticizes the guy for using anonymous sources. She then rebuts him with the "fact" that no one who "really knows" what's going on disagrees with her.

Alright then? It honestly comes off as both sides padding out what is basically just their opinion of some movie by making vague reference to some silent majority of people that are supposedly their supporters.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Second trailer dropping soon, within a week or two. Likely so it'll be in theaters for Doctor Strange (and probably with Fantastic Beasts two weeks later, since that's WB).

9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Images of Gal Gadot and Lynda Carter at a recent UN event:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rew, VadersLaMent, Juliet316 and 3 others like this.
  10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    In the 2nd photo, they look like they could be related. ..

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Wonder Woman 2017 Trailer Lynda Carter version

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Looks outstanding, can't wait.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  14. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    wait, did you just post a trailer for a trailer?

I still wish they'd had the foresight/vision to cast Abigail Breslin as the new Wonder Woman. Watch her sublime performance as Veronica in "Final Girl," and you'll know what I'm talking about.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It's more of announcement of the trailer dropping to get the hype machine going.

As for Abigail Breslin, she's 5'1". That's a little short for an Amazon Warrior.

Anyway, Wonder Woman is definitely in the top 5 most anticipated movies for next year, definitely ranked higher than it's sibling film, Justice League.

I'm not sure if I was the trailer to reveal who the villain is. I mean, I definitely don't want another Doomsday spoiler in the trailer.

16. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That was an amazing trailer! I loved every bit of it. There are shades of Captain America, Thor and Donner's Superman. I mean, I love the scene in the alley with Diana in civilian clothes and then goes into action.

I'm also glad that it doesn't appear the trailer gave away the big baddie/Doomsday spoiler.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think I liked the last trailer better but this still looks good. Fingers crossed!

19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    So far everything I've seen for this movie looks fantastic, I've never been the biggest Wonder Woman fan but I'm really excited for this.

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I think I'm going to have to get all three of those...

heels1785 likes this.
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I said the same thing when I saw them. But I prefer mini posters over the standard 24"x36".

23. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Amazing trailer, but I really don't like superheroes in real life big event, especially war because it's really awkward. It might be ok at that time but not now.

Looks like this guy is who she was fighting at night, a normal officer would not have such strength or require her to use her lasso to toss him like that, maybe he is Ares in disguise?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still, it's dumb to set Ares as the Amazons' enemy.

24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_dunno] Preferred the first trailer. Depending on footage closer to release I'll decide if this is at the movies or rental. Right now, it's a rental.

25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

If you find somewhere selling them, please share. I got the Kal and Diana posters from BvS, and these would go well in the office with them.