main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "What I do is not up to you." - Wonder Woman 1984

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 5, 2016.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So much better than it’s him/his offspring.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Is that Christie Brinkley in the red Ferrari? Flirting with Chevy Chase on his family vacation?

heels1785 likes this.
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Wow, yeah, it is. I'd forgotten about that (admittedly, I was a wee!kid when the movie originally came out, but I have seen that scene!)!

heels1785 likes this.
  4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    One theory I like that I heard on nerdist is that it's Martian Manhunter.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  5. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    It was a continuous stream of fads. The neon phase. Denim jackets. The workout look. Parachute pants. Pleather pants. It was like subconsciously everyone knew it all sucked and they just kept jumping from one look to another trying to find something that they didn't feel ridiculous wearing. The preppy look hung around for a while. I suppose looking shallow and materialistic was preferable to all of the other fashion insanity that was going on.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    So a star spangled, kind of naive hero has super strength and decides to go fight in a World War to prevent a scarred German wearing a facial prosthetic from unleashing a new weapon of mass destruction.
    During the fight, the hero’s best friend/sidekick winds up dying (but we never see the body), and years later said best friend/sidekick shows up again much to the surprise of everyone.

I think it’s obvious here: Chris Pine is the Winter Soldier.

Only with a Casio instead of a metal arm.

EDIT - Then we learn that Steve Trevor was the one who assassinated Thomas and Martha Wayne, leading to “Wonder Woman: Civil War”....while Supes goes to another planet to battle the Hulk.
    [​IMG]

7. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    And both DC and Marvel have villains named Ares. If there's ever a Captain America 4, that should be the villain. :p

8. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I thought Marvel’s Ares was a Thor villain?

9. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Possibly. Although, that could work for a new Thor movie. Like Wonder Woman, he's the offspring of a monarch, was "exiled" (at one point), has super strength... ;)

Juliet316 and SithSense like this.
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    That's certainly plausible and a possibility I hadn't considered up till now.

Master_Lok and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I saw that this morning. Not really a fan of it though and I don't think that will be the case. I just don't think Wonder Woman will partner up with another super hero. Additionally, I just don't see any benefit for J'onn J'onzz to be Steve Trevor.

And with a "Member's Only" jacket, to which I rocked myself as a youth.

But, I think this is likely to be the case.

[​IMG]

For now, I'm going to believe that is World War I Steve Trevor and he has been transported through time and arrives in 1984 by means of Barbara Minerva's study/obsession of Wonder Woman and ancient human history. This could be a retcon/time altering event aka "Butterfly Effect," clearing the way for a soft reboot of the DCFU. Or it could be a multiverse time of thing, where this Steve Trevor from Earth 2 or something like that, and he has to return to his Earth before films end, which would allow for the DCFU to keep it's continuity. I mean, we did see a "future" or "alternative earth" Flash in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, so that aspect is already built into the DCFU.

Master_Lok likes this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    it would be terribly disappointing. bucky's story is well-established, and he wasn't near the supporting character in cap1 that trevor was in ww1.

would take a lot out of (insert joke here) justice league's exchanges between bruce and diana, too, and the whole "thank you for bringing him back to me" moment with the picture.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Well, if Steve Trevor would be the DCFU's Bucky, I don't think it would be a big deal. I mean, Wonder Woman herself is pretty much the Steve Rogers/Captain America of the DCFU and no one really raised an eyebrow. Moreover, I don't think Trevor will be hunting down Diana or be an assassin like Bucky.

The reintroduction of Trevor in 1984 already takes away any weight and gravitas to the Snyder-verse films. Which is why, I'm leaning towards the "butter fly" effect and soft reboot/new timeline theory. This way, they don't have to kill off Trevor again.

I remember reading this 2014 Bleeding Cool article where is stated that Wonder Woman was planned for a trilogy, with the first film taking place in the 1920's, the sequel in 1930's World War I and the third in modern day. And then later, an 2015 JoBlo article about the then upcoming Wonder Woman film, which plot now seems like the first draft for Wonder Woman 1984, as the article presents the following:

The basics of the plot above, seems like it would be applicable to a 1984 setting were the Doomsday Clock is ticking ever so close to all out nuclear war between the US and Soviet Union. Potentially, Ares would be replaced by Cheetah and Circe could be in play for the film. And since this is a comic book film, Ares could potentially appear as well.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Some bystander footage taken during a shoot. Another big 80's reference:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They could just do Rambo III and have Diana and Steve help the US fight a proxy war in Afganistan and help the Mujahadeen Freedom Fighters against Red Menace communist oppression.

16. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    So... a disco scene?

ShaneP likes this.
  18. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I'm thinking a pause in a fight against probably Cheetah. There are deep scratches on her bracer and chest armor. Maybe at a nightclub?

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    She can save me any day. [face_love]

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Giving Wonder Woman a rewatch tonighter just cuz. I'll try to look real hard if Steve jumps at the end there.

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013

Please load the rifle and point it this way, @Ender Sai

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
  23. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Deimos has been a popular guess for Pedro Pascal's character.

24. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    I could see it. The servant seeking to avenge his master's demise. It would be logical, at least.

25. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    How dare you, those Italians were cutting edge.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018