main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "What I do is not up to you." - Wonder Woman 1984

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 5, 2016.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    80s fashion was even silly in the 80s.

[​IMG]

And seeing that photo of Wonder Woman above, resembles the work out fashion of the 80s, with the tiara looking more like a headband.

[​IMG]

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    having rewatched the film, I still don't see how Steve could have escaped unless we're talking magical intervention. Also whoever Steve is in WW84, he has to believe or really is Steve because Diana could just laso of truth him to find out real quick like, so definitely not an impostor Steve, that he would know. But I can see the reason for bringing him back because A) it's comic books, you can get away with that easily B) Pine and Gadot have great chemistry, be a shame to chuck it.

On rewatch still not a huge fan of the Ares twist but I think it does give us a great fight (much better than the Doomsday brawl of BvS) and there is of note in Ares' big rant that while he does just supply the weapons for the humans "They start these wars on their own" which is a nice modifier that still says there's a problem with humanity making these decisions (the actual theme of the movie, I'd argue) than just Masterminded By Evil God Guy.

Oh and also I love when Wonder Woman is whuping people via the Lasso of Truth because you'd figure some bad guy who gets thrown into a wall with the Lasso of Truth has about 2 seconds of realizing everything he's done wrong with his life as he's flying through the air and THEN gets smashed into a wall

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Wonder Woman 1984 reveals first photo of Kristen Wiig as [Barbara Minerva]

[​IMG]

4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah I'm getting a Selina Kyle in Batman Returns or Max Dillion in Amazing Spider-Man 2 before they became Catwoman and Electro respectively.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Or it could be a disguise.

Dagobahsystem and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    That I would like much, much more.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Unlike Selina Kyle or Maxwell Dillon, that onscreen interpretation of Barbara Minerva is actually more comic accurate. Jenkins admits she is highly influenced by the Rebirth storyline. That pic of Minerva is pretty much ripped from a comic panel.

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm rusty on my Cheeta origins (Whenever I see her in comics she's already Full Cheeta and kicking ass) does she have the nebbish to supervillain origin story? Wigg does do wistful nebbish really well. Of course, people will still say/assume it's a ripoff of Catwoman from Batman Returns (which was it's own thing anyway different from the comics).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    nah they're going to go full Cronenberg.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes. Bespectacled anthropogist whose bookishness is drastically contrasted by what happens after she receives the curse and transforms.

[​IMG]

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Really tangentially related but the winner of the Queens Plate horse race in Canada was a horse named 'Wonder Gadot". I wonder if WB/Gal Gadot is gonna sue and get the 1 million purse?

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I thought this none too shabby ... none too shabby at all.

Juliet316 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ^ That was nice. Billy Idol and the 80's art deco works perfectly in that video. It would be nice if Wonder Woman 1984 hits on some of the 80s tunes as that is really en vouge right now with Stranger Things, Guardians of the Galaxy and other things are really making great use of it. I saw some set photos from the film, so there might be some Herbie Hancock type of music thrown into the film as well.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Already posted by @Bilbo Fett in the general thread, but reposting it here just in case:

As I said, I didn't recognise him at first, which is the mark of a good actor, I think. Can't wait to see the final result!

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    When I saw that photo above of Pedro Pascal, my first thought was "What's Ron Burgundy doing in a Wonder Woman flick?" I'm agreeing with the speculation that Pascal might be Maxwell Lord. If it is Maxwell Lord, I very much doubt Wonder Woman will end up snapping his neck at the of the film because...

[​IMG]

... you know, this...

[​IMG]

16. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Can she kill him with the lasso of truth?

No, I haven’t seen WW yet because it is still not available to rent on iTunes. :(

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Only if she strangles someone with it.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Well, given her enormous strength she could use it as a whip and cut someone in half.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hans Zimmer returning to DC, will score WW1984.

Hopefully without Junkie XL.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    "My name is..." ***BWOMMMMMMP*** "... Cheetah!" ***BWOMMMMMP***

(though, for real, the WW Theme is possibly his best contribution to the DCU -- I liked what RGW did in the first Wonder Woman but will look forward to this)

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The more things change, the more they stay the same...

[​IMG]

Wonder Woman 1984 Cast & Director Recreate Breakfast Club Poster

22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Both of those are great.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know she can't do anything about her Israeli accent (and they actually retconned the Amazons on Themyscira to echo it for the new movies), but damn I like looking at Gal Gadot <3

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... do go on?

Diggy likes this.
  25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yeah...