main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "What I do is not up to you." - Wonder Woman 1984

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 5, 2016.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Meaning what? Did I say I had a problem with the accent personally? NO

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    On who's behalf are you speaking, then?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    cubman987 likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    *le sigh* Did you read that article? It has absolutely nothing to do with her accent. I guess it came up when you googles "wonder woman, gadot accent"?

And you certainly implied you had a problem with it
    The "but damn I like" implies you do not like what came before the "but damn I like".

cubman987 likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    In other words, trying to trap me. Move on, nothing to see here.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Are you suggesting I logged onto your account, posted, "she done got that ugly Israeli accent, but she sure is purdy!"

Just so I could discuss it?

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Hmmmm nope; don't see where I made that statement. But feel free to imply that it was my intention that to make it a personal agenda about the accent if it satisfies you.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You brought it up, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    You constantly make posts on these boards and then when you are called out on them, either say you were "clearly joking" or that you "didn't say that" when neither is true. No one is falling for this game anymore.

JEDI-RISING and Diggy like this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I brought about the fact that Gadot has an accent that wasn't initially planned for Wonder Wonder woman up until she had been cast for the role. Maybe if I separated my sentences in my first post it would've made more sense to you.

[​IMG]

You tell me which part wasn't true. If someone misinterprets my posts than I have to explain it to them in English every time?

11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014

Diggy likes this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    dc threads

never ****ing fails

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    you said, "i know she can't do anything about her accent, but i like looking at her."

there's really no way to read that statement that doesn't imply that her accent is a negative. at this point you could just clarify that that wasn't what you meant, or you could just go on pretending you're the only one here who actually understands how english works and it's everybody else who is confused.

Diggy and cubman987 like this.
  14. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Probably your fault too

BigAl6ft6, Diggy , tom and 1 other person like this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The irony is (which makes it all the more hilarious) is that if you people knew me personally, you'd know I'd be the absolute LAST person to have any kind of a problem with her accent. But whatever.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Don't make her get out the lasso of truth.

Juliet316 and cubman987 like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So watching Justice League again (still really dig it) a lot of the dialogue between Batman and Diana about her past really only work if Steve Trevor is dead/stays dead, otherwise her disappearing act for decades doesn't quite fly. Yes, it could just be straight up retconned but I get the feeling this'll end in heartbreak / still dead Steve. Assuming it even is him, HAH!

heels1785 likes this.
  19. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
  20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    So, the latest news regarding the reason Wonder Woman 1984 being pushed back seven months is setting the nerdisphere on fire. According to Grace Randolph, a movie and super hero pundit on YouTube, her source had to her that the film was pushed back to undergo massive reshoots to become a well known fairly recent DC crossover event story line. So, comic book fans would be spoiled by the titled of the story arc if this news from Randolph holds true, but non-comic books readers are not likely to be spoiled.

I've followed Grace for five to six years, and she's been fairly accurate with her breaking news.

Anyway, here's what she reports...

... that Wonder Woman 1984 will serve are "Flashpoint" in the DCFU. Anyone familiar with that story line knows that that means as it's another Days of Future Past/Back to the Future II kind of thing.

Here's Grace Randolph's video breaking her news:

And if this is true, it opens the door for some many possibilities.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Dagobahsystem likes this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well that might explain the talk about
    Steve Trevor (or least Chris Pine) being in the new movie

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It might in sorts. That character was already in the script prior to news that Wonder Woman 1984 was being pushed back and Grace breaking her news yesterday. So, the crossover event story line news doesn't necessarily impact that character. However, it may impact that character use in future films.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    If Flashpoint takes place in 1984, wouldn't it only affect things going forward from there? ie, they can kill all the DCU other than WW1.