main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What If George Lucas Never Created Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by TheBlogAwakens, Feb 17, 2017.

1. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Yes, that is so true! Star Wars started the years of the cornyness on TV for the reason you gave, let's see, what was I watching before the Star Wars years? Star Trek, the series that saved my life(it really did in the 60's ) Logan's Run, British Sci-Fi shows(TV)Planet of the Apes series of movies etc. I was in college when Star Wars came out,it changed my outlook on everything ! I was into conventions thereafter!

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    If Lucas never created Star Wars, then I would no longer surviiiiiive

christophero30 likes this.
  3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Of course, if Lucas never created Star Wars, we'd have to find other stuff to spend our money on!!! [face_laugh] I'd have a lot more space on my bookshelves, for sure!

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You and me both.

5. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    it would definitely leave a void. I'm into LOTR and Potter but it's nothing like my love for SW. To me it's the only film(s) that seem real. The first 6 anyway.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  6. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I love LOTR, ST, HP too, I say, if it wasn't for Star Wars, the special effects dept. would be null and maybe void. there wouldn't be the rise of the corny TV shows of the 70's, 80's! some with good effects) and none of the rest of excellent movies that were to come!

7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    maybe we would be in a Logan's Run forum

8. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    If George had never made Star Wars, I would not have been motivated to finish college.After seeing the movie the first time, I was constantly flying down the DS trench, it felt so real. also, Jawas and Stormtroopers became my favorite characters.

christophero30 likes this.