main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if you woke up and could use the Force? (planning thread please come on in)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by I love Sci Fi, Nov 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Jedigirl, NJO does kind of suck, but they do get better...somewhat....although I get the strange feeling that by the end they'll have everyone dead ;)

Jeva....yea, that's what I was thinking too, but I don't have time to do another fic...

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    They do get better? Hmmmm... Still don't know if I should spend time reading them. Maybe if I'm really bored. ;)

I can imagine having the entire SW universe just blown up by the Vong, it would actually be an interesting ending to the whole epic. That is if it is well done. It could really suck if it went along like this:

And everything blew up.

The End.

;)

3. Commander_Jeva

Commander_Jeva Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Hey, guys, I'm going to give you the history on Dane Meyer! (incase you use him when I'm not around)

Dane's mother is a Jedi who left with the other Jedi and arrived on earth. Now Dane's real father was also a Jedi who died while the Jedi left.

I'm assuming we are using the NJO idea that the Yuuzhan Vong took over, the galaxy's teeming with Dark Jedi, and the Jedi escaped to earth. We are, aren't we?

Anyway, Dane's mother had been pregnant with Dane when she arrived on earth and she married Dane's present day father, who's name is Samuel Meyer.

Dane's mother's SW name is Lia (Lianly is a nickname her present husband calls her when using her real name) Durron (Dane's dad was a descendant of Kyp's, methinks) and her earth name is Kelly Meyer.

Dane's real father's name was Tal Durron.

Since Dane was born on earth, Dane's mother wanted to give him an earth name and didn't give him a SW name, though she had one in mind and it is not a name I want to say...hehe.

That's pretty much all you need to know about Dane's family. :D Dane Durron, hehe. :D

4. Commander_Jeva

Nov 12, 2001
    Okay, I have an idea, and it has to do with Dane's real dad. I just thought of it today so...

When the Vong weapon fired at Tal's fighter, the blast didn't kill him because it was a stun beam of some sort. Lia didn't know this because the freighter went into hyperspace right after the beam hit Tal's ship.

Okay, now Tal is still alive, but is presumed dead, and he is with the Vong against his will as a slave and a person to torture.

5. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Hey! Sorry I haven't been posting, but I was banned from the comp for a week! Anyways, finally going to share some of my ideas for Brian with you... For Christmas, I got about 5 of the NJO books and I'm about 50 pgs. into Vector Prime...

I was thinking of making Brian half-Vong, and he is wearing one of their living mask things... That's why he's moderately tall and muscular, but he is different.. I haven't gotten to anything about the Shamed ones, but I might have a Vong or a dark Jedi (that may have formed a shaky alliance) reveal who Brian really is and ask him where his loyalties lie... And that I haven't decided either! But I think I'll keep him good, sorry about not posting.. I also have another idea about combining Brian's pipe w/ his lightsaber, but that's just a rambling thought for now!

You guys are all awesome and I love the ideas! Merry Christmas~!

6. Commander_Jeva

Nov 12, 2001
    WHOO! Welcome back Peter! :D ;)

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Could someone explain to me the Shamed ones? I don't plan on reading the books so don't worry about spoilers. I suppose you could PM me, so not to ruin the books for anyone else. :D

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Now this is a desperate cry!

Warning! Shamless Plug Alert!

There is a page, another BBS apart from this one, that deals souley with the characters of SW! You can disscuss them, or post fanfictions about them. There is even a section for original characters! So the wonderful character that you have created can recieve the respect he/she/it deserves! Please check it out! It is just starting and as far as I know there are still a few sections that need moderators! Neon Star is the creator. So if you are interested in helping after you have seen the page, you can PM her!

Star Wars Character Divisions

Now you may resume your normal lives. Thank you for tolerating this Shamless Plug :D

9. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Anyone who's going to PM JGoC, could you PM me too? I know almost nothing about the Vong, except that they hate droids and machines, are ugly looking, place a lot of importance on honor, and are not part of the Force or something like that.

Thanks. :)

x Clare x

10. PeterTutham27

Aug 23, 2001
    Um... Whoever's covering all the PMing about the Vongs, could you tell me just about Vongs trying to ''convert'' non-vongs? THANKS!

11. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I am a little embarrassed to admit that I know nill about Vong.

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Wow, so there's alot of people who know nothing about the Vong! Maybe we shouldn't use them?

13. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    WOW, I agree, I didnt' realize so many people didn't know.....

OK, well I'll post it at the bottom of this, if you don't want to know please don't read it....

(and I don't remember all the details, but...)

**WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS**

OK, vong in general.....very ugly, very mean.....the tatoo/scar/hurt, themselfs to honor their gods, which suposidly told them to come to the SW universe and clense it...they don't like technology of any kind, and destroy it whenever they can...they also believe that the people of the SW universe, other than the Jedi, are infidels, and that the Jedi are the only people who are truly worth fighting (probably because the Jedi are about the only ones who have a hope of beating them in hand to hand, or staff to saber, fighting)... All of the Vong ships/weapons/etc. are living and most are made of something called Yorik Corral(sp?)...

The Shamed Ones are Vong who can't do the tattoo thing, because the tatoos become infected, etc....they are basically slaves to the rest of the Vong...

Um, as far as the Vong trying to convert people....other than Tahiri, I don't think they have, although they've hired mercinaries to capture the Jedi for them... As for Tahiri, they physically altered her and tryed to convince her that she was really a Vong agent that had been undercover... Anakin rescued her, and that is how they got together, and he got over the whole, 'I killed Chewie, and blew up the Hapan fleet' thing.

Any other questions, just ask...

I think since this is the "second" invasion, we can probably just make up the rest as we go...if we decide to really use the Vong thing...

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Thank you! I've been hearing all about this Tahiri gal and have no clue except she and Anakin have this thing going. Now at least I know who she is. :)

15. PeterTutham27

Aug 23, 2001
    Thanks for the info! Now to put it to use... Hmm... ;)

16. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    *claps* Very nice description, SciFi. Much better than I could have done. :)

17. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I think there's something called a dovin basal (sp?), and I think it's some sort of gravity well. Am I right?

Thanks for the explanation! :)

We might want to make the Vong a little different...after all, it's been a looooong time since the first invasion...

x Clare x

18. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    nice siggy there ^^^

yep, a dovil basin allows the Vong to control gravity, they also use it to capture laser bolts etc. and to pull off NR shields

19. Commander_Jeva

Nov 12, 2001
    I hope everyone knows about worldships, coral skippers, etc

20. TheDarth

TheDarth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    ok im changing daniel

----------
    His mother dissapeared to years ago to help the jedi, his dad stayed with him, his father is a jedi master.
    Daniel was raised with the knowledge that they were jedi and knew all about the jedi

21. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Oh, BTW, if anyone wants to know about the ships, just ask, and I'll look it up and post it...

22. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    OK, I'm just going to up this so people can find it and so it's back on my list.

23. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Yup, I'd appreciate it if you do. :) Since Jan's probably going to be a pilot in the GFFA, and she might have to go up against some Vong ships. And if it doesn't turn out this way, knowing a bit more won't hurt. :)

Thanks. :)

= Clare =

24. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    hmmm....ships....ok

**note to self, reread and post about ships**

ok, got it down...will post as soon as I get time to look up ;) :)

25. TheDarth

TheDarth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    Help live up zeh thread, tis dieing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.