main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if you woke up and could use the Force? RR (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediClare, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    What if you woke up one day and could use the Force? This is a round-robin, set in the Jedi Apprentice time period.

Post your character's (or characters') bios before you begin.

Have fun. :)

< > < > < > < > < >

Name: Clare

Physical characteristics: Very dark brown hair, almost black, cut very short; brown eyes; Chinese; about 5'4"

Other: In Secondary school (Sec 2), an all-girls school. A major Star Wars fan. Loves to surf the Net and read fanfics. Detests wearing dresses, skirts and other frilly clothes.

>< >< >< >< ><

RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!

Clare clicked on the 'post' button just as the bell rang to announce the end of recess. Hurry up, hurry up, she thought irritatedly at the computer. Why can't the school get better computers with faster Internet connection speeds?

Finally, the page loaded and she could log off. Grabbing her bag and file, she dashed out of the computer lab and headed for the Geography classroom.

Taking her usual place at the back corner of the room, Clare set her bag down on the floor and pulled out a Star Wars novel.

Her classmate peered over her shoulder. "What are you reading?"

She turned the book around to show the cover, knowing what her friend's reaction would be: 'Star Wars again?'

"Star Wars again?!"

Clare just grinned.

< > < > < > < > < >

Just something to get the ball rolling...

Tay Neir likes this.
  2. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Up.

Tay Neir likes this.
  3. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    I'll join you.....let me know where you want to go with this too ;)

Name: Amanda Hall

Physical characteristics: Light brown hair, bluish grey eyes that change with what she wears

Other: Public secondary school, loves sci fi of any kind, pretty much lives on the internet. Reads a lot, often considered a geek. loves to talk about anything. typically wears jeans (or cargo pants)and a t-shirt.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Um, my little posty till I get a chance to talk to Clare ;) (which time is Clare at)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Amanda turned on the computer dropping her bag discarded on the floor as she entered the house. She really should take it to her room, but that could wait neither of her parents would be home for hours.

She logged on to the net and into the boards. "dookey dookey do....I really wish this thing went faster." She muttered standing up and walking into the kitchen for a snack. Coming back she sat down. "Hmmm....new postys...."

Tay Neir likes this.
  4. Count-Monte-Cristo

Count-Monte-Cristo Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2002
    Name: Julius

Physical characteristics: Black hair, with a few streaks of blonde, and a very strong jaw. Standing at 6 foot.

Other: Play basketball for freshmen team at highschool and has an insatiable desire to read anything pertaining to Star Wars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a hot Spring day and his coach had been running Julius hard for about 3 hours.

"Alright! Get your ugly mugs on the yellow lines, hussel!" Shouted the coach as if we were deaf.

"Are we finally gonna scimish?" asked some stuck up point-gaurd.

Without even looking up the coach said, "Gilman, go take a lap."

The young man shook his head with anger and jogged out of sight.

After the teams had been made, and the tip off taken by the opposing team, Samy had begun to ware down, throwing air-balls and playing horrible defense.

The coah called for a water break and signaled me over to him. I nodded and jogged over.

"Whats up coach?" I asked.

"Look son, I am making up the roster right now, and if you don't start showing somekind of improvement you're off, got it."

Julius was a very introspective person and looked straight into his coach' eyes and turned on heel and jogged back into the game.

After about 3 or 4 minutes Julius had posesion of the ball and was running as hard as possible on a fast break. Suddenly his knees gave way and he was about to fall. Then, using somekind of Force he levitated himself up and dunked the ball so hard it shattered the glass.

/Amazing/ he thought to himself, he had never gotten so high. He shot his coach a look, how immdiately began erasing something on his roster sheet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats it for now! :) Hope you like it!

5. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I love Sci Fi - let me know where you want to go with this too

Dunno yet, but I was thinking the characters meet up with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan (duh), and they affect the outcome of TPM. Any suggestions?

Nope, not all of them in the same country...that's where the fun lies - getting them together. :D

< > < > < > < > < >

Clare put away her book and picked up a sheet of scrap paper from the desk. Crumpling up the sheet of paper and aimed for the plastic dustbin in the corner of the room.

Beside her, her friend Angie tossed her paper ball towards the bin. It landed a few centimetres short. "Missed!" she groaned.

Clare threw her paper ball. Even as she watched it sail through the air, she knew it was going to miss. She should've thrown it with a bit more strength -

She blinked her eyes in disbelief. Were her eyes playing tricks on her, or had the crumpled paper bounced in mid-air to land in the bin?

"Did you see that?" she asked Angie.

"See what?"

"The..." Clare trailed off as she realised how ridiculous she would sound. "Never mind."

The door to the classroom opened, and the Geography teacher entered. It was a good thing that Geog lessons consisted mostly of taking down notes. Clare couldn't concentrate on what the teacher was saying. Her mind kept replaying the scene of the paper ball changing its downward course to jump into the bin.

Tay Neir likes this.
  6. RisingAdela

RisingAdela Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2001
    Name:Adela
    Physical Chararistics:Super brown long hair.Chinese about 5"2
    Other:In Primary.(Pri5) Prefect. Good in English.Bad in Maths. Hates dresses.

Well it would be interesting to see how pple with such a huge age gap get together......

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

12:30

"Hey Adela,time for your duty." "Yeah, give me a minute okay. I need to stuff this thing in my bag." "Meet you in the canteen then......and don't be late!"
    Sigh..

12:31

The canteen was busting with pple. Trying to chase them up to the hall would be terrible.
    Adela approached 1 of the boys and said in a firm voice "Go up to the hall now.". "Get lost!Idiot!" was the reply.
    She focused on the guy's brain and said "You will go up to the hall now." "I will go up to the hall now." replied the boy in a dreamy voice.
    Adela blinked her eyes. Did she just used a Jedi mind trick on the boy???
    Have you got a problem,the force does not exist in the world. she told herself.
    Pushing the incident behind her, she continued to do her duty.

"Adela,would you mind picking up the marker for me? "
    "Yes Mrs Ho."
    Immediatly the marker flew to her hand away from the floor.
    "Huh?"
    "Oh good you picked it up fast.Back to your seat now I'm going to teach now."
    "Did you see what happened?" Adela asked Kristy her best friend in a low voice.
    "No why?"
    "Nothing.I think i just imagined it."
    "Good now don't disturb me I'm trying to pay attention to the old parrot. :) "
    Through out the lesson Adela just could not take the memory out of her head. It was the second werid force thing that happened.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

So how is it? I'll continue later.

Tay Neir likes this.
  7. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    interesting.....hmmmm....we all seem to have diff school systems.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Amanda leaned back in her chair and sighed as she finished up the board she was reading. Standing up she took her plate back to the kitchen and put it in the dishwasher.

"Oh sith!" She muttered as she made a grab at the bag of chips she knocked off the table. "NO!" She grabbed at the bag and was surprised to see it seem to stay still in the air for a moment before falling to the ground.

**OK Amanda, that's it, you're definantly loosing your mind.**

Tay Neir likes this.
  8. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Up.

Tay Neir likes this.
  9. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    hmmm.....well, I don't know if this one is still going, but I just wanted to let you all know, I'm still alive, but play practice is being a bear so I won't be on till the 21st. Sorry, see ya all then.

10. Whoever

Whoever Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2002
    Name:Chris
    Description:(as in looks)glasses,always wears a white shirt and jean shorts.black hair.
    Personality:shy around girls,spends way to much time thinking about star wars and stuff i can't say.smart, but everyone but in his school thinks he's a geek and that he reads to much.(NOTE:You. Can. Never. Read. Too. Much!)
    Other:5th grade. most of friends arent really friends.Likes spider man.
    i basicaly am that person i just described.except that i USED to live in CA. but i moved to OH.in CA. i wasnt hated. in OH. i am hated. im gonna wait to post.

Tay Neir likes this.
  11. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    name: Kim
    Physical characterstics: a lot of hair, brown hair. quite dark complexion, easily mistaken for another race other than chinese.

yea right clare...i see it's been a while since someone posted anyhing here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Mrs Yap's here!" someone shouted. I quickly stuffed the tube of mentos i had been holding into my bag...only to feel it slip out of my hand and roll on the floor. Another classmate, Angie picked it up and put it on her table. "haha, it's mine now." I frowned at her and pretended i didn't care though i so obviously did.

My geography teacher started giving out worksheets. I tried to reach across the aisle to grab my mentos back, when i realised that mrs yap was looking at me. "What are you doing?" she asked. "Oh nothing much...just waving my arms about." i muttered. i was thinking only about the mentos, when suddenly something flew across and landed into my hand. "cool!" I heard clare saying behind me. Angie turned and gaped. she could only wonder how the sweet went back to its rightful master.

PS clare...angie?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tay Neir likes this.
  12. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    kimbilili-k-s - Okay, okay. She was the only person I could think of who would be lobbing paper balls into a wastepaper basket! :p

And, ah...could you edit your post and take out some of the ~~~'s? 'Cos it's stretching the page and making the posts a little difficult to read...thanks :)

Darn...it's weird writing about yourself in the third person. ;) I'm gonna switch to 1st person POV and hope it doesn't turn out weird. :p

< > < > < > < > < >

I felt a funny...twitch? surge? ripple? at the back of my mind -- and the tube of sweets flew impossibly through the air and into Kim's hand.

I gaped in shock. What the -- ?

Then my Star Wars-obsessed mind made the connection.

"Cool," I whispered in awe, and was reminded of the paper ball...

Reality snapped back a moment later. For Force's sake, Clare, Star Wars is a movie. Get a grip. The Force doesn't exist.

Does it?

I couldn't pay attention to the teacher's droning. My body just seemed to go on automatic, eyes taking in the black lines and curves of words on the whiteboard, fingers gripping the pen, hand moving to copy the lines down into a notebook. I was going to regret not listening later, but my mind was just too shocked to register anything.

"...that girl in that corner." Mrs. Yap, our Geography teacher, pointed straight at me.

I gulped, almost panicking. Sithspawn. What question am I supposed to answer?

Then --

It was weird. Plain freaking weird. All of a sudden I could remember the question. One moment my mind was a blank, then next the question popped into my mind. It was like I had subconsciously reached into my memory and extracted it...

"I...uh..." I stammered, then looked down at the blue scrawls on my notebook. I had never had neat handwriting, and still don't have it now. "Uh...ships face the hazard of running aground due to a narrowed channel and a faster flow of water." I rattled off a few more of the consequences listed on the lined paper.

Satisfied, she turned her attention elsewhere, looking for other inattentive prey. I sighed with relief.

Not two minutes later, my mind began to wander again. I was elated. I could use the Force!

Hold it, Clare. Just a few little incidents and you're jumping to conclusions.

Okay, if I tried lifting something, maybe that whiteboard marker -- no. I was not going to alert the whole class to what I could do -- if I could do it. I might have been hallucinating.

Well, in that case, was going to have to talk to Kim -- and Angie; she must have seen it too -- after this lesson. Identical hallucinations don't occur in pairs.

Tay Neir likes this.
  13. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Name: Yan Yan

Physical traits: short black hair; dark brown eyes; chinese; abt 1.7m

Others: same school as JediClare and kimbilili-k-s, netballer, would prefer to describe myself as sporty

lalala, decided to add to the post...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

School's such a bore. Weeelll, geography was fine, it was all copy copy copy and no brain work. I would be copying notes labouriously to make Mrs Yap THINK that I was really paying attention to her voice droning on and on and on, if it wasn't for the small fact that I was desperately trying to get some feeling back into my numbed fingers.

Shavit, I forgot to bring my jacket AGAIN. The room is always so cold, its like the north pole or something.

I decided to give up paying attention to Mrs Yap since she had been going over the subject many times and started drifting off into space, dreaming about what Obi-Wan would really be like in person.

I had been happily visualising the very interesting conversation that I would be having Obi-Wan when out of the corner of my eye, I caught something unusual happening.

NO. It can't be. Get a grip on gurl, there is no such thing as the force or whatever brain power to make things move. Is there?

There was no way I had imagined the scene that played over and over again in my mind. THE TUBE OF MENTOS HAD FLOWN THROUGH THE AIR TO KIM'S HAND!!!!! I was so freaking out. I heard a barely audible "cool" behind me and turned around to only spot Clare with her jaw dropping to the floor. I decided that I would find her later to discuss that. I guessed that she was either the one who MADE the tube fly through the air OR at least she had witnessed the gravity-defying act.

For now, with my dreams going up in smoke, I had to turn my thoughts reluctantly back to boring old geography lesson and wishing that the clock would read 1.50.

GASP!

The clock was really pointing at 1.50. I shook myself and stared again at the clock. I stared at my watch on my hand which only read 1.15. There was no doubt about it. The clock's long hand was pointing at the 10 digit and the short hand was pointing somewhere close to the 2 digit.

"...Yan Yan, what is so interesting about the clock?"

Oops, busted, might as well make use of this once-in-a-lifetime chance.

"Erm, Mrs Yap? It's 1.50 already."

Time to escape from this hellhole.

"Is it?" She turned her head briefly to look at the clock. Then she looked at the watch on her hand." Strange, I could have sworn that it was working a few minutes ago. Never mind girls, We will continue this topic the next lesson, please remember to finish your graphic organisers and bring them for discussion the next lesson."

I guessed that whatever power that I had recieved had made her watch stop ticking.

The whole class was jubilantly packing up their bags and were eager to get out of school and celebrate the weekend. I shook myself out of my stunned state and turned behind quickly lest Clare escaped from my questioning. I looked at her suspiciously and as she noticed my look, only said innocently,"What?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There's my contribution for now.

Tay Neir likes this.
  14. Whoever

Whoever Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2002
    Hehe time for my contributation(sp).

When i woke up in our house at 1180, Switston drive, it was still dark. I got up, looked at the clock and it read: 11:00.I slumped back, exausted(sp). I woke up again some time later(8:00) and got up, went downstairs, ate breakfast, and switched on the tv.I was surprised when their was a surprisng newsflash.

Announcer: We interupt this broadcast to bring you an important announcment. Last night, at around 11:00, the family who lived at 1181, Switston drive, was robbed.

Inside i was thinking 'HOLY S~~t'!but all i could dthink of to say was,"whoa, creepy"

Tay Neir likes this.
  15. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    wow, this is still alive....hmmmmm.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Amanda leaned against the counter. **This is too wild.**

Walking back into the computer room she picked up her bag and ran it upstairs to her room.

**No more fan fiction for you tonight.** She told herself turning on her radio. **Homework time.**

Turning over he bag she dumped the heavy books onto her bed and sat down and the desk picking up the first one.

**Health YUCK!** She thought but opened the book and dutifully began filling out the worksheets.

Tay Neir likes this.
  16. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    :D

< > < > < > < > < >

I glanced at my working watch, then back to the blue-and-white classroom clock on the wall. My eyes were not deceiving me. The clock definitely had suddenly and inexplicably sped up. It had read 1.10pm just five minutes ago, but now the minute hand pointed to '10'!

I knew it wasn't because of any faulty mechanism. Just before Mrs. Yap had singled out a classmate for her paying more attention to the clock than to the lesson, I had felt a sort of ripple in my mind, similar to when Kim had called the Mentos sweets to her hand with the Force -- the Star Wars fan in me was convinced that it was the Force -- but not the same feeling. The two ripples were alike, but not identical.

I was sure that the rest of the class knew something was wrong with the clock, but no one spoke up. We were all tired, having first had a strenous P.E. lesson, then a test after that. Everyone just wanted to go home.

I looked up from stuffing my books and stationery into my school bag, and saw the classmate the teacher had called, Yan Yan, looking suspisciously at me.

"What?" I asked her, and wondered if she had used the Force to move the clock hand and stop the teacher's watch. I certainly hadn't -- unless I had done it subconsciously, but I hadn't even been thinking of the time.

The rest of the class and the teacher began to file out of the room, with the exception of Kim and Angie, who were making their way over to us.

"What happened?" Angie was asking Kim in her usual excited way.

"I don't know!" Kim said exasperatedly.

"How did that Mentos fly into your hand?!" she asked in a loud voice.

"Ssshhhh!" I shushed her and shot a look at the open door of the classroom. I was given a curious look. "Look, just...don't announce it to the whole world, okay?"

"But how? What happened?" she persisted. "Don't tell me it's the Force!" she said half-jokingly, but I could tell she was shocked and shaken.

I grinned uneasily. I didn't want anyone else, like her, knowing about it.

Wait. Anyone else? It was then that I realised that I had already unconsciously classified us into two groups. Force-users -- Kim, Yan Yan and me; non-Force-users -- Angie and the rest of the class. Anyone else.

Somehow, I knew that she wasn't a Force-user. She just didn't feel like one.

I decided to try something. May the Force be with me, I thought, then grinned inwardly as it occurred to me how appropriate that phrase was right now.

I focused on Angie's mind.

She hasn't noticed anything. She hasn't seen the flying tube of Mentos.

"You didn't see anything," I said with a wave of my hand, chuckling a little to laugh it off as a joke if it didn't work.

Her mind seemed to...twist. Bend. No, not as strong as that. Waver would be more accurate.

Her face went slightly slack, and she repeated in a monotone, "I didn't see anything."

Force. It worked. It actually worked!

I could see Yan Yan's and Kim's eyes widen in astonishment. Then the former made a casual gesture, much like mine, and said, "Nothing happened."

A ripple.

"Nothing happened," Angie repeated dutifully.

Now Kim gestured. "You will leave now."

Another ripple, but slightly different.

"I will leave now." Angie turned and walked right out of the classroom without even a single glance back at us.

This is unbelievable.

I gave both Kim and Yan Yan a broad, excited grin.

This was a dream come true.

Tay Neir likes this.
  17. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
  18. delta7_interceptor

May 10, 2002
    sorry clare. was busy w/ hmwk to add to the story. :D

After ensuring that Angie had in fact left the classroom, we closed the doors to prevent any busybodies to peek in.

I stared at Kim, Kim stared at Clare, Clare stared at me. We were silent for a moment then suddenly, "WOW!" came simultaneously. Our looks of doubt and fear quickly dissolved into one of excitement and eagerness.

"I wonder what else we can do with our newfound powers."

"Erm, I think the more appropriated word would be the Force." That came from the all time notorious Star Wars fan, Clare.

I stared at both of them as though they had sprouted 3 extra heads and 4 pairs of arms and their skin turned greenish-yellow.

"Are the both of you nuts?" I nearly screamed." What we have here is a gift that doesn't just come overnight or when we are feeling extremely bored and sick of Mrs Yap. I think that it has something to do with the food that we ate at recess. Maybe the uncle's new pizza sauce had something to do with it. What did the both of you eat during recess?"

I was pacing the room like a caged animal trying to organise my jumbled thoughts. It was Kim's and Clare's turn to stare at me.

"Okay Yan, relax," said Clare," use the force." She added half-jokingly.

I took a deep breath and channeled my excitement and fear out. I then turned to face them. It occurred to me that we were now different from other people. We had a gift to use the force, we were practically almost jedi. What we had now was a bond with each other as the only known force users to each other.

If it was really the uncle's new pizza sauce that caused the gift to suddenly appear, I dread to think of how many other force users there are in the school.

This was going to be a loooong afternoon.

There Clare, satisfied? ;)

Tay Neir likes this.
  19. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    no idea what to write

Tay Neir likes this.
  20. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Pizza sauce?! I thought indignantly. The Force has been reduced to a side-effect of a food stall's new pizza sauce?!

I didn't know whether to laugh or to be angry. My thoughts were all confused by the many emotions I was feeling. I was elated that I could use the Force, but at the same time, I was frightened -- frightened that I would misuse my newfound abilities and harm someone. And I was...lost. Confused. What was I supposed to do now? What do you do when you suddenly find that you have a power that you could only dream of having the day before? Do nothing? Use the Force to enjoy ourselves and make life easier? Turn Spider-Man and fight crime?

Yan Yan paced the length of the room. Her body language and facial expression had fear and excitement written all over them. She wasn't helping.

I told her to relax. She stopped pacing, took a deep breath and let it out, trying to calm down.

"Why now? Why can we use it only now? Why not last year? Or three years ago? Is today some kind of special date or what?" Kim spoke up.

"I don't think it's showed up only now...I think the Force has been there all the while, and we've been using it all the time. It's only now that it's become more obvious," I said. "Yan, you're a netballer. Sometimes, can't you 'feel' the net and the ball? Like you don't really have to aim to shoot, you just know whether you'll score or not?"

Yan Yan's brow furrowed as she tried to recall. "Yes," she said slowly. "Sometimes it does feel that way..."

"Hey, sorry to interrupt, but I have to go now. I have b-ball training in half an hour, and I need to eat my lunch," Kim said as she checked her watch. "I know this is really important, but no Force can help me if I'm late. Can we discuss this another day?"

"How about tonight, on MSN?" Yan Yan suggested.

Kim agreed, and so did I, although a bit reluctantly -- I wanted to settle everything now. But school had to come first, or there would be problems that would seriously complicate our situation now.

We left for the canteen together. Out in the corridors, we didn't want to talk about it in case anyone heard us. It was a quiet walk to the canteen, each of us lost in our own thoughts.

>< >< >< >< ><

After I had had my lunch, I sat before one of the school's newer computers, tapping away at the keyboard. At least this was a faster one.

I needed to tell someone -- anyone -- about my ability to use the Force. And I figured another Star Wars fan would be able to understand.

I logged on to the message boards I regularly visited. I saw that I had one new Private Message. I opened it. It was from a fellow fanficcer, about a fanfic that we were both working on.

I typed in my reply. Then at the end of the message, I added a sentence: Do you think the Force exists in this world?

I hesitated for a moment, then clicked 'Send Message'.

< > < > < > < > < >

Tag: I love Sci Fi

:p

Tay Neir likes this.
  21. kimbilili-k-s

Jul 9, 2002
    this is crazy!

~~~~~~

it was 3pm...time for bball practice. "oh no..." I groaned as my stomach didn't have enough time to digest my lunch. the chilli i had just now was still bubbling about inside. I was alone in the court. Still really amazed at what happened in geography, i picked up a bball, looked at the net, and thought about the path of the ball. Now was my chance to find out if i could really use my newfound ability. bounce, catch, pose and...shoot. the ball flew. Flew. Flew. landed. on the rim. my head screamed, "NO!!! go in!" i closed my eyes. please...prove that the force is true...please...I pictured the ball going in.

*fwap* I heard the swish of the net. i gasped. my gasp wasn't the only one i heard. Angie was there, staring at me. "man..." i groaned. why? must she always be at the wrong place at the right time?

"Kim!!! what in the world!!!?" "Damn!" I thought. calm down, calm down. maybe i could use the mind trick again...i concentrated. A ripple. I waved my hand, "You are going home now and should stop putting your abnormally huge nose into other people's business."

"I'm going home now and should stop...what? wait a minute, kim. what did i just say?" said Angie. I let out another gasp. She was able to resist! Did clare or yan yan say anything about being able to resist the force? I must ask them about it later...meanwhile, Angie was getting suspicious.

"Kim, talk to me! Is there something going on?" Oh, yes. she had forgotten about the geography lesson.

"Oh, no...nothing." I concentrated on her mind. Harder. Maybe I shouldn't have made her say something so insulting. "You will go home now. your mum is anxiously waiting for your arrival." A ripple. A stronger one this time.

"I will go home now. My mum is anxiously waiting for my arrival." And she proceeded off. Breathing a huge sigh of relief, I turned around to go back to the basketball court. Maybe I shouldn't have made the ball go straight into the net so obviously, i thought. I'll bounce it around a few more times on the rim next time.
    ~~~~~~~~~

this is really crazy

22. delta7_interceptor

May 10, 2002
    YOOHOO to the other authors out there lurking, c'mon and post up. Its preetee boring with just the 3 of us posting on and on.

My turn for a contribution. :D lolx, we just had a geography lesson today. sadly nothing happened...

FINALLY the weekend was here. At least I could go home, kick my shoes off and relax, if for an hour only before I had to start on my homework.

School sucks. Big time.

However, I was pretty perturbed by recent events. The flying mentos tube, the clock that ran too fast, the situation where everyone's watch had abruptly stopped ticking. I could make no sense of it whatsoever.

Being a skeptic, I could not make myself believe no matter how hard I tired to, that all the unnatural happenings were because of the Force. It was totally unheard of. The Force is just totally fictional, was it? I was probing this question over and over again while I walked towards the bus stop.

So engrossed in my questions that I failed to notice that my bus had already pulled up at the stop waiting patiently while some passengers alighted or got on. I groaned inwardly, I would never make it on time to get on that bus, I was too far away from the bus stop. Furthermore, I doubted if the driver would see me and stop the bus to wait for me while I sprinted frantically for it. I did not want to wait for another bus to come, it would take too long and I wanted to get home as soon as possible.

I sighed heavily, hitched my bag higher up and sprinted madly for the bus. Feeling that something was out of the ordinary, I looked down at the ground only to find it flying past me in a myriad of colors, the wind was whistling madly in my ears and my hair was flying all over the place as I sprinted with impossible speed towards the bus.

Feeling jubilant, I had somehow overshot the bus.

Ah, what the heck, I thought, my house was merely 15 minutes walk away. At the speed I am going, I'll probably reach there faster then the bus. Hope I don't get stopped for a speeding ticket.

Behind me, the stunned bus driver and the passengers where staring with wide fish eyes at the blur that had zoomed past them.

Go people go. I'm sure you'll get your inspiration soon. :D

23. kimbilili-k-s

Jul 9, 2002
    No...no...this couldn't be happening. So many thoughts were going around and around in my mind now, making me more confused than ever. What's going to happen now? To my life? How did I get this power? Why...WHY is this happening? Is it all a dream? It must be...no, it can't. It all seems so real. Yea, it was fun fantasizing that I had the force, but now it was different. Now it was REALITY. Man, that word really struck me.

I felt...extraordinary. Like an outcast who nobody knew. I just wanted to be a normal, 14 year old again. The bus trip home after bball training was agonizing. I was so confused...so confused. Who could I talk to about this besides Yan Yan and Clare? No one would understand. They would all think that I was mad. Too much of star wars. I know...there was one person I could tell everything to.

I picked up the phone and dialled Sofira's home number. After three rings, she picked it up.

"Hello?"
    "He-ey Sofira? Kim here. Listen, I've got something to tell you...do you have the time?"
    "Yea...sure man, anything for my best friend."
    "Ok, good. Now listen up. I've got a major problem here...You know Star Wars?"
    "Uh huh."
    "I've got it...the force. The Force."
    "What?! You mean...attract things like that and control people?s minds and all that?! (Yes I'm coming mum! Give me a minute)"
    "Yes. That."
    "Hey come on, you can't be serious. That's just a movie! It's all fiction!"
    "Man come on! I just saw it happen right before my eyes today! During geography my mentos that I dropped flew right into my hand...and, and during bball training, the ball flew--"
    "Listen up, girl. I'm sorry but I've got to go right now. My mum is like, chasing me off the phone. You'll have to admit that this doesn't and isn't going to sound right to anybody who's listening to whatever you're saying. I'll see you in school tomorrow then you can tell me all about your weird day, k?"
    "Ok...But...it might be too late by th--"
    "No way! What could happen? Stop being so pessimistic, my dear. Get a grip and I'll see you tomorrow k? Bye!"
    "B--"

Dang...I didn't even have to chance to explain and she'd already hung up. The one person I could trust...had failed me. Now I know I had no one else but Clare and Yan Yan. We were going to be best buds. Soon enough.

~~~~~~~

is no one else reading this?

24. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    We were going to be best buds. Soon enough.

I think it's just me, but it sounds rather...ominous.

:p

Tay Neir likes this.
  25. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    Hiya, JediClare.
    I seem to remember another thread VERY similar to this.. :) That which I had mysteriously disappeared from.
    If it's not too late, I'd like to join. (And hopefully I'll remember to update!)

Name: Michi Ishida
    Description: Glasses, short black hair. Oriental. 5'2"
    Other: Hates English. Loves Math and Science. Goes to international school, so she's in yr9.

Oh, just wondering...should this take place in the holidays? It is the hols, after all.

Brriiiiinnnggg!
    "Finally," muttered Michi as she practically ran out of the class. "Can't stand Ms. Kunalahn." Grumbling angrily, she walked off to the music room, where she spent her lunch break.

Once at the music room, she cheered up considerably. The rest of the gang was there already, Gunjan fooling off with the drums and Perry trying to snatch the drumsticks away from him. Dumping her bag outside the music room, she reached for a guitar. Feeling a premonition of something, she snatched a drumstick out of the air before she could think about it.

"Sorry," Gunjan yelled from across the room.

"Baka!" Michi said. "don't yell, Gungan, or else you're gonna have Ms.Kranky kicking us out again!"

"Jeez, what's her problem today?" he muttered, before playing a loud, fast 16-beat on the drum. Note the LOUD.

"I'm outta here..." Michi snatched up her bag and ran for it, just a she heard Ms. Krenca burst through the office, yelling at Gunjan for playing so loud.

"How'd I manage to catch that stick, though?" she wondered.

Tay Neir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.