main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the best music from the Prequel Trilogy and why is it Anakin's Betrayal?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Jedi_Lantern, May 1, 2016.

1. Jedi_Lantern

Jedi_Lantern Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2013

So gooooooood

Kenobi1138 and Lulu Mars like this.
  2. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Imma let you finish but Anakin's Theme is the greatest best music from the Prequel Trilogy of all time

Gesendet von meinem SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 mit Tapatalk

3. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Nope. The best musics from the prequel trilogy are both Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heroes:

4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Duel of the Fates
    Battle of the Heroes
    Padme's Ruminations

All classic!

5. The hidden holocron

The hidden holocron Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    There is also "Anakin is free" as innocent theme from TPM.
    A beautiful and unknown soundtrack.
    (4:20 "I promise"...).

QuangoFett, xezene and Huttese 101 like this.
  6. CoruscantDweller

CoruscantDweller Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 28, 2015
    My favorite piece from the PT compared to a lot of his other pieces it is very minimalistic however, it fits the story and mood of the scene extremely well. Also you can hear hints of across the stars in it as well. An absolutely beautiful piece of music

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin's Dark Deeds.

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Duel of the Fates
    I Am the Senate
    Anakin vs Obi-Wan

9. The hidden holocron

The hidden holocron Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    Kamino's soundtrack.

10. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Battle of heroes.

11. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Honourable mention must go to the instrumental version of Anakin's Betrayal.

Whereas the version with vocals reflects Order 66 - the grand institutional betrayal of the Jedi Order by the clone troopers - the instrumental version reflects the personal betrayal of Padme and Obi-Wan by Anakin.

12. CoruscantDweller

Feb 28, 2015

ROTS all around is hard to fault as a movie score. Probably one of John Williams' greatest works.

QuangoFett and xezene like this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Sending this to Film Music.

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    With TPM being his greatest ;)

15. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011

The instrumental version of Anakin's Betrayal, albeit contaminated by SFX. It begins at 2:58 but the whole sequence is great. It has a mournful, futile final rendition of Across the Stars and eventually segues into Anakin's Betrayal after The Imperial March, which here seems more ominously intimate: it's not associated with a tyrannical regime but an abusive spouse.

16. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Here's a clean version of the 'Anakin's Betrayal' variation section:

SW Saga Fan and QuangoFett like this.
  17. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    I prefer "The Immolation Scene". It just feels more raw than the Broadwayish "Anakin's Betrayal". Though neither can complete with the spine-tingling lamentations from one of Williams' other 2005 scores, Munich.

I dunno. I've heard people fault it pretty well. Where the other Star Wars scores follow strict leitmotivic thematic structure, ROTS just kind of drifts from set-piece to set-piece without much cohesion.

DarthCricketer likes this.
  18. CoruscantDweller

Feb 28, 2015

Eh its an opinion however, polls in the past have both on this forum and on other websites have put it as one of the better SW scores. I think the theme of sorrow, lost, anger and the fall from heroism is portrayed quite well through more heroic tracks early on in the film such as the attack on Grievous' Ship to the more somber pieces later on in the film like Ruminations. It just fit extremely well with the movie and I feel that ROTS has a sense of dread, fear and sorrow that you don't really see in most of the other SW films mainly helped by this soundtrack.

19. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    What is this "complete OST"? Is that CD officially available? Or fan-made? It would be great if all the complete PT soundtracks were available.

20. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Most tracks that weren't featured on the single-disc soundtrack album have been extracted from Video games, such as Battlefront or the Force Unleashed. A couple of tracks that haven't been used in games have had voice removal techniques applied, with various results.

However, there are no extra 'bonus' tracks that have been officially released, beyond the one album.

21. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm not gonna post a video of it, cos you all know it, but for me the best is:

Across the Stars. Such a beautiful melody, very SW, very JW.

I'd say Battle of the Heroes is a close second for me, followed by-yes-Anakin's Betrayal. JW really captured the right emotion there.

22. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
  23. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    I don't know for others here, but this part of the extended soundtrack of ROTS, with Padme's plea to Anakin on Mustafar, always hits me right in the feels. It's a shame that the extended soundtrack isn't really available.

24. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Is the extended soundtrack official?

25. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    No, there was never a full soundtrack for either AOTC or ROTS, as there was for the OT and TPM.

Most unreleased tracks that can be found of Youtube, such as Filmscoremedia's up there are extracted from videogames, where they're usually present in a clean format, though may require some assembly from separate sections of music.

Neyo likes this.