main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census What is the greatest Shakespeare play?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Nov 6, 2008.

?

Greatest Shakespeare Play

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Hamlet

37.7%
  2. Macbeth

11.3%
  3. The Taming of the Shrew

5.7%
  4. Julius Caesar

9.4%
  5. Romeo and Juliet

7.5%
  6. The Merchant of Venice

1.9%
  7. The Tempest

3.8%
  8. Twelfth Night

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. King Lear

5.7%
  10. Other

17.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Shakespeare minions... [face_laugh] I suddenly had a vision of little Knights of Ni, spouting Shakespeare quotes in squeaky voices... :p

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Other: Richard III

hands down.

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    That would make an excellent parody sketch. [face_laugh] :D

Richard III is brilliant, I agree, and it's unfortunate that it wasn't on any of the top ten lists I looked at. The 2011 Stratford Shakespeare Festival will be producing Richard III, but with a twist I totally adore - Richard is being played by Seanna McKenna. [face_love] Yay, gender twists! [face_dancing]

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Glad to see this thread resurrected and I must say I can't name a favorite or a greatest. I have an appreciation for them all, althought I must say I generally prefer the tragedies to the comedies. I like 'Titus Andronicus' a lot and am glad it is seeing a comeback of sorts. I like 'Merchant of Venice' a lot and will defend it to the death from accusations of anti-semetism. I like 'Hamlet' a lot because of it's brilliant character work but I am hesitant in calling it the 'greatest' simply because I don't think the story is as good as some of the other plots Shakespeare wrote. I maybe a cheat but I'm going to have to say all of them as of right now. I really found a plesant surprise in 'Troilus and Cressida' and found it to have a much deeper love story than 'Romeo and Juilet' There's something to like about all of them.

And those who haven't tried to recite or act Shakespeare ought to give it a try. It is a lot of fun and helps the understanding of the whole.

5. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Julius Ceaser, Macbeth, Hamlet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.