main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the most Significant Event of Anakins Life?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Dagsy, Feb 6, 2003.

?

What is the most Significant Event of Anakins Life?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Winning the Boonta Eve pod race

3.4%
  2. Being rejected by the Jedi Council

1.4%
  3. Destroying the TF control ship

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Being accepted for training by the Jedi Council

2.7%
  5. The death of Shmi

37.4%
  6. Being defeated by Dooku

2.7%
  7. Marrying Padme

4.1%
  8. Turning to the Dark Side

27.2%
  9. Discovering he had a son

4.8%
  10. Other

16.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wise-Master

Wise-Master Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    The Pod Race was the most significant. If Ani had not win, he would not have been freed, which meant he would have had a chance to become a Jedi, which meant he would of not have left his mother and experience here death, which meant that he would can't turn to the dark side. Put it all together. The Pod Race was one of the most significant event in Ani's life. At least in the top 3.

2. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Heh, I just realised I hadnt voted in the poll yet!

I went for Anakin being rejected by the Jedi Council.

I simply feel that this event laid the foundations for Anakin to mistrust the Jedi. Here are these wise people that said that he simply wasnt good enough to be with them. And after Qui Gon promised him he would be trained.

I also think that this event made Anakin feel too vulnerable. When he was a slave, he was at least secure. Then he was whisked off, and had these Jedi masters looking into him. They saw more than he wanted them to see. All that was secure in his life was gone. All that he was feeling was exposed.

The rejection by the Jedi made him lose trust and made him feel like he was no longer safe...in his place in the world, or in his own feelings.

I think that would have been part of his quest to be the most powerful Jedi ever....so that he would never feel inadequate...that noone would be able to brush him aside, or lie to him.

Its all about the Council rejecting him.

3. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    "I think it was when he was accepted to be trained as a jedi. Otherwise, I'm sure Anakin would have either gone home to live with his mom or possibly lived on Naboo as Mechanic."

That'd suck. It's like 'Sorry, you're too old. We're shipping you back to Tatooine to be a slave again."
    Anakin:Doh!

4. Forceful_Jedi

Forceful_Jedi Jedi Grand Master

Jul 8, 2001
    Other: the construction of R2-D2, if it wasn't for that little droid he wouldn't have met Qui Gonn, though if somehow the queens ship did make it without R2, Ani still would have died in the Naboo space battle

5. VaderFett

VaderFett Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2003
    I put becoming Obi padawan

6. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I say his redemption, because that´s what his whole life is about: bringing balance to the Force.

7. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Him turning to the Dark Side.

8. Cobblestone

Cobblestone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    the death of his mother

9. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    His redemption is most important. Why it isn't an option on the thread is beyond me.

10. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    I would say the dice roll, where Qui Gon changes his destiny forever, except it's not on there...

After that, I'd say the moment where he splits up with Padme for whatever reason (I don't think she'll die in Episode III), but that's not on there either...

So instead, I'd say the moment where after rejecting everything he was as Anakin Skywalker, he then acknowledges his old life again and tells Luke that he's his father. Except that's not on there either...

So I guess I'll have to go for his redemption instead.
    8-}

11. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    "Turning to the Dark Side" gets my vote. I don't know about Ep 3, but up until that point, he still seems like basically a good person and has a chance to set things right. Afterwards, he loses his soul, until his redemption anyway.

12. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    This is an excellent question. I voted for his mother's death, but I was close to voting for marrying Padme, as these two drove the wedge between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

13. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Other, once Vader saw that Luke was going to die by Palpatine, he changed his tune.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.