main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the name of this musical cue/track? *Official Thread*

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi , Jun 5, 2005.

1. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013
    One of my favorite tracks from Star Wars is the Duel of the Fates, and I've been trying to locate all official and "good" fan remixes of this epic score. Obviously there's the originals included on the official soundtrack releases for Episode I, plus the Episode II version and (unreleased) recording for the Yoda/Sidious duel in Episode III. These are the remixes I've managed to find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMGCm5h-qLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqXeLtQmMuU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqNGapuS-e0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZIFGsZsVjE

Are there any great ones I'm missing? It seems to me that one of the older SWTOR trailers had an awesome remix of DotF, but I haven't been able to find that one...

Mr. K likes this.
  2. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Get your Korah Rat-a-mah off on this, yo!

thedarkbeckons likes this.
  3. Darth Cyn

Darth Cyn Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 8, 2014
    The song that was playing when they were arguing after Anakin choked Padme.

4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Mod action: Merging with the 'What is the name of this track/cue' thread

5. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't know where to ask this, but what is the source of the music with the "woo, uh oh!" voice heard in the ForceCasts? I remember hearing it in the Official Site videos following the making of Episode II.

6. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    What was the music when Anakin cried in the Jedi Temple before rescuing Palpatine from Windu?

7. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Madcaplaughs likes this.
  8. thedarkbeckons

Dec 2, 2013
    Look up the Star Wars album by MECO. The track is called "Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band".

9. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    No, that's not it.

10. thedarkbeckons

Dec 2, 2013
    I was seriously surprised when you said that. I thought I remembered that for sure in there, but going back and listening to it, you're right, it's not there.

Long story short, did some mucking around my Star Wars mp3s on my computer, and finally discovered it in the full source version of "Jedi Rocks" from the Special Edition Soundtrack of Return of the Jedi. It makes sense I would have thought that though...sounds alot like some of MECO's stuff. Sorry for the rabbit trail! Hadn't listened to "Jedi Rocks" for a long time (for obvious reasons).

11. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Can anyone tell me the name of the soundtrack that plays from 0:30 to 1:10 in the RotS trailer? If it even exists outside the trailer.

12. Madcaplaughs

Madcaplaughs Jedi Master

May 7, 2004

Disc 2 Track 9 of Empire Strikes Back: Carbon Freeze/Darth Vader's Trap/Departure of Boba Fett around the 4:20 mark.

Alienware likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    For anyone out there who is good with classical music -- can someone identify the source/influence of the track "The Battle of Gall" on the Shadows of the Empire score that starts around 1:45 and lasts for about a minute?

The reason I ask is that I was in a store the other day that was playing classical music, and that one part of the SOTE score was in the song. There was no mistaking it -- it was note for note. I've been looking around the internet the last couple of days trying to find it, but I've had no luck. Wookieepedia says McNeely got his influences from Beethoven and Strauss, but I don't recognize it has one of theirs. Maybe Wagner? Aaron Copland? Someone else who does bombastic music?

14. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Whats he music that plays when satele pulls the cliff down on malgus in the old republic trailer?(I think the trailer was called hope.Its the alderaan one)

15. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Just wondering if anyone knows of a listing of the music used in the 2nd teaser trailer for TFA? Though most of it seems to be music from earlier films, I'm not sure I recognize/remember all of it--were there any parts used in it that were new for TFA? Thanks.

16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Can anyone tell me which track/ tracks were used to make this excellent Saga-spanning fan trailer? It sound so beautiful and familiar.

17. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    "Flow Like Water" from The Last Airbender by James Newton Howard

Great stuff

18. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Thank you so much! I actually never saw the film, but I had a feeling it was James Newton Howard.

19. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    It's further proof that a James Newton Howard Star Wars score needs to happen at some point.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  20. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    What is the name of the music in ANH first scene when the escape shuttle with R2 and 3PO as it shoots towards tatooine?

And what is the name of the music during qui gonns funeral? I believe it's the most underrated SW music imo

21. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    SkywalkerOG

1. Imperial Attack from the ANH SE soundtrack.
    2. The High Council Meeting/Qui-Gon's Funeral from the TPM soundtrack.

22. linus persson

linus persson Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2015

begins at 1.13!! What song?

23. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I know, it's unreleased, but someone extracted it from one of the video games.

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The first cue in this video:

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013