main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the name of this musical cue/track? *Official Thread*

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi , Jun 5, 2005.

1. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    This is indeed the right place to ask. I have not seen Batman Begins, however, so I can't help you.

2. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Just showing this forum to a friend, but while I'm here, that track is Barbastella (track 4), if I'm not mistaken.

3. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    I PM'ed this to General Kenobi but I thought I would share it with everyone else.

"I'm sure you've seen the Battlestar Galactica commercials. There is a musical piece that sounds like a cello solo. Can you identify that piece? Thanks in advance."

Further question(s): Is it native to Battlestar G., or is it one of those pieces that goes around? Because I could have sworn I heard it elsewhere.

4. Master-Norway

Master-Norway Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2004
    What music is played during the newest Harry Potter GOF-trailer. I kind of liked it.
    Anyone know what it is called?

5. mithrandir2087

mithrandir2087 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    That's the one! Thank you.

6. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    There's a beautiful piece of music during War of the Worlds, as Robby and Ray say goodbye to each other during the military battle. Shortly afterwards, we hear a choir singing as helicopters fly over head. Is this from the same track on the soundtrack? And if so, what is this track called?

7. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Do you know which track is playing from when Obi-Wan confronts Padme in her apartment to when he walks back to his ship in ROTS please?

8. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Track 10: Anakin's Dark Deeds. The cue starts at 2:14.

9. Hyper_Snyper

Hyper_Snyper Jedi Master

Jan 29, 2003
    There is a hauntingly beautiful melody on the Lucasarts KOTOR2 site.

I don't know whether it's only in KOTOR2 or in the movies as well. (part of it feels familiar to the movies)
    For some reason I just find it mesmerizing.

Can anybody identify it?

Thx.

10. bakednudel

bakednudel Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2005
    As long as we're in game mode, I just looked at the preview area on disc 2 of the ep3 DVD--for Battlefront II. When you click on "gallery" it plays some gorgeous music--can anyone tell me what this is from?

Many thanks!

11. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    What do you mean by "gallery"? If you mean the menu where you select the game preview's, that music is from the battle over Coruscant, track 1 (Main Title and The Revenge of The Sith) on the OST. If you're talking about the actual game demo... I can't help ya. I have a PS2, not an X-BOX. Sorry.[face_worried]

12. bakednudel

bakednudel Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2005
    Well, I did mean from the menu for game previews, but not the music for that menu itself. (I don't have an x-box either)

When you go to the left-hand side of the menu for the game previews and click on "gallery" (of screenshots from the game) and actually look at one of the galleries of screenshots, there is some lovely music playing. It's not from the ROTS OST because I know that backwards and forwards--I've been playing it since May.

You have to be looking at the gallery pictures to hear the music I'm curious about.

Thanks for your help, though!

13. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    Whoa, don't count me out yet!:D Now that I know it's not the game demo, I still got a chance. Be back as soon as I can![face_peace]

14. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    Wow! I am really stumped here. I don't have a "gallery" option!! All I have is a game trailer (for both games) and the X-box demo. Sorry I could'nt help.:(

15. soriano329

soriano329 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    What's the music after the waltz in Goblet of Fire, they were like rock songs. Does anyone know the name of the songs, because I don't think they are in the soundtrack.

16. Mirdala

Mirdala Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2005
    For those who have Star Wars: Battlefront II what's the name of the cue/track that plays during the end credits of Campaign Mode? It also plays in Galactic Conquest. It sound to me like it's two different cue/tracks combined one is "Across the Star", I believe but I can't name the other cue/track and it's been driving me crazy trying to find it!:_| Any ideas?

17. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    They are on the soundtrack. Amazon.com has the track listing.

18. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    OST t6 "The Trip to the Naboo Temple and The Audience with Boss Nass"

19. Master_Yoder

Master_Yoder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Does anyone know the music in lord of the rings rotk
    when the rohans come to pelennor and the king gives his speech?
    Part of it is also in two towers when the ents start marching to isengard.

20. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    That particular theme you mention has been dubbed "The Moth Theme" by Senny, since we first hear it when Gandalf is imprisoned atop Orthanc and he speaks to the moth. It's a favorite of many.

21. Mirdala

Mirdala Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2005
    I think the track when you first hear"The Moth Theme" is called "A Knife in the Dark". Yes, it's one of my favorites. By the way thanks, Cerrabore, you guys are good. [face_laugh]

22. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Okay, here's one of my personal pet peeve selections:

The music for the second half of the Legend of Zorro teaser. Right after "You don't know what you're gettin' yourself into."

Of course, the stock response I get is "Oh, it's from Pirates of the Caribbean." But as a huge Pirates fan, it's not a piece of music I recognize. Any insights?

23. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    I think its thend credits, but I'm not to sure.

24. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    It's not from anywhere in the Pirates of the Caribbean CD soundtrack, at least. I don't think it's from the movie, either- it could be unreleased score, but it doesn't sound familliar. It has the pirates 'sound' to it, but then so did the 'Drop Zone' cues used in the Mask Of Zorro and Pirates of the Caribbean trailers, so I figured that a stock 'pirates' response was just the musicaly uneducated taking a wild guess based on sound style. But I still don't know what it IS... I'll check the Pirates end credits in the morning and see if it's in there...

25. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    In ROTJ there are 2 pieces of source music that are not on any of my LP's, CD's, etc.
    The one piece precedes Jedi Rocks. The other one, if I remember correctly, is played after
    Jabba makes a deal w/ Boushh and on Jabba's Sail Barge.

I was just wondering why they've never been released?
    Were they composed by John Williams?
    Did he just not like them that much?

Just curious.
    JMN77