main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is the one spoiler you wish you hadn't known?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by G-FETT, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyleKatarn96

KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    ..anakin becoming vader..when i read that i didnt think it was possible..

2. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    The end of The Duel. I wish I hadn't known how Obi-Wan defeats Anakin.

3. clone_commando_1993

clone_commando_1993 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 2005
    who killed kit fisto (probably my all time favorite jedi master) and who killed mace. i thought (wished) that boba would like kill mace for revenge of jango.

4. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    I accidently read somewhere that Palps is disfigured because of lightning reflection and that Padame dies.

5. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    i wish i hadn't played the game before watching the film cause that spoiled quite a lot such as Order 66

6. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Mace dying like he did or Ani killing the younglings. I would have had a small fit if I wasn't expecting that:_|

7. YodaOz

YodaOz Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    the OT :p

8. Darth-Trepidor

Darth-Trepidor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 10, 2005
    Anakin getting put into the suit.

All in all, in the ENTIRE trilogy, I WISH I hadn't known Darth Vader was Luke's father.

9. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I have been here since the filming began. I do not regret one day of the spoiler game. I went to the movie and it still felt like a new movie to me despite what I knew going in. Yes, the movie was that good.

:)

10. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    I do not regret one day of the spoiler game. I went to the movie and it still felt like a new movie to me despite what I knew going in. Yes, the movie was that good.

Same here. Seeing the movie is always different even if you know every tiny detail before going in.

11. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    I am thrilled to report that I managed to stay almost completely spoiler-free until Ep.III. I could not possibly have enjoyed a movie more than I did, wondering eagerly exactly what would happen next and turning over every possibility in my mind only to be surprised. It was awesome.

Anyway, despite my care, I did accidentally learn a few spoilers.[face_frustrated] Stupid newspaper article. I accidently learned Anakin would kill younglings, and Yoda would be fried with force lightening.

Speaking of newspaper articles, thank heaven I did not read Time's cover article on Ep.III before seeing the movie. It tells exactly what happens during the whole half of the movie! Even some of the lines! Take a look at these actual quotes from the article: "The two Jedi find Palpatine manacled in the lair of the Sith lord, Count Dooku...In the ensuing lightsaber battles, Anakin gains strength and focus from his anger and, instead of arresting his foe, executes him. 'It's not he Jedi way,' the lad says remoresefully afterward." "...Anakin is reunited with his love...She is pregnant, a condition that, if known, would mean Anakin's expulsion from the Jedi priesthood. Much more troubling is a dream he has in which, as he tells, Padme, 'You die in Childbirth.' 'And the baby?' she asks. 'I don't know,' he replies."

And after all that, it says "Readers who don't want to know the identity of Darth Sidious are free to skip the nest two paragraphs." Oh, yeah, NOW you warn about a potential spoiler?!

Btw, was it actually a secret that DS was Palpatine? I thought that was blindingly obvious from the first prequel film. Knowing DS = Palpatine was a spoiler?

12. JediPug1

JediPug1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2002
    I wish I didn't see a picture of Padme dead, or crispy Anakin. I knew all that stuff would happen, but I still wish the first time I'd seen those was in the film. Still, that didn't come close to ruining the movie!:D

13. Darth_Juggalo

Darth_Juggalo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I wish that i had not known about the slaughter of the younglings. It was shocking even after knowing but i could imagine that it would have been even greater. Also i'm not sure if this can be considered a spoiler but i wish i had never heard about Qui-Gon's appearence (or voice?). I was really into that idea to have it not in the picture really dissapointed me.

14. Aviluke

Aviluke Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    I was trailer-free and almost spoiler-free (an ex-friend of mine told me about Anakin killing Padme...)

But I can tell you, this was the BEST experience I had watching a movie. EVER!!!

I knew that this was the LAST chance of seeing a Star Wars movie for the first time, so I tried to stay away of anything concerning Episode III since AOTC came out. And it worked. Big time!

The parts that shocked me the most were the Order 66, the birth of the Twins, and when Bail tell captain Antillies to erase the memory of the protocol droid (and not R2!)

I'm trully sorry for the ones that said that they'd hoped to be spoiler-free... I did and I think it was the best choice by far!!!

15. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    I went totally spoilered--and I still can't decide if that was a good or bad thing.

One spoiler...Anakin strangles Padme I guess.

16. Onasi

Onasi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2003
    i love spoilers. i dont know why some people cant stand them. it doesnt ruin the movie at all. any spoiler possible is good.

17. RangerFett

RangerFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2005
    What happens to Padme -- from her being choked to her death. It was (no, I'm NOT being funny) heart-breaking and I thin if I had not known it before it happened, I would have really teared up... well, teared up more than I did.

18. Darth_Veliz

Darth_Veliz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    Well....it would've been cool not know how Anakin was defeated on Mustafar.

19. DagniroVanaliel

DagniroVanaliel Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    For reasons that would take too long to explain, I went in entirely spoiler-free. I hadn't seen the OT (except for ep. IV, and that was back in 1997, when I was eight). I had no idea that DS=Palpatine. I did not know about the youngling scene, I didn't know about Order 66, I didn't even know about the Anakin/Obi-Wan fight. That shocked me. I didn't know how it would end, either(except for the obvious they-both-survive). I didn't know about Yoda v. Sidious or Anakin choking Padme. I didn't know about Dooku.

I knew nothing going in except that Anakin would at some point become Darth Vader. And the movie was fantastic. Everything in it was new to me, and everything was shocking. It was completely and utterly fantastic.

I'm such a May '05-er. But I never got into the movies before now. And I'm glad I did. :)

20. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I still think Padme's death was powerful despite the fact that I knew how she died some time prior to the film being released.

21. DarthElemental

DarthElemental Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    hmm One spoiler I wish I did not know probely Grevious rubish death.

22. ObiJuanQuito

ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling star 5

May 20, 2005
    anakin = vader...

:(

23. DarthElemental

DarthElemental Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    :( I knew about order 66 for a long time since the movie was released but it was still sad to see loads of Jedi being killed. It really hit me a second time when I went to go see ROTS.:(

24. Skele

Skele Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    Anakin turning to the dark side :D

25. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    There really wasn't a whole lot that couldn't have been figured out intuitively with this final film. There were a number of things that had to happen to line up with Episode IV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.