main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What is the strangest fan theory you have ever heard? SEE OP WARNING

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jangounchained1990, Jun 21, 2015.

1. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    ...My brother thinks that Snoke is secretly a rancor...

2. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018

Turns out Jabba kidnapped him during the OT and had him eat people........ :p

3. crazyewok

crazyewok Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 27, 2017
    From this crazy bit of fan fiction I saw in December.

Snoke is killed by Kylo ten.

Rey parents are nobody.

Luke is hiding on a island because he's depressed.

:p

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  4. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    This one is actually brilliant.

JediMasterSven likes this.
  5. Makarios

Makarios Jedi Padawan

Jun 28, 2018
    My favorite fan theory is that Jar Jar was actually a Sith Lord.

christophero30 likes this.
  6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    My new favorite:

7. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Oh, this is awesome....

MeBeJedi and christophero30 like this.
  8. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I remember one theory that in this shot Kylo Ren had actually gone to Endor (now covered in the ashes of Death Star II) to retrieve Vader's helmet.

[​IMG]

SlashMan, ThisIsMe1138, Avnar and 4 others like this.
  9. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Kevin Smith recently said in his Podcast while discussing Keri Russel's secret role in Episode IX that she is not only playing Rey's mom, but that Rey's mom is Ahsoka.
    How that's possible, when Rey doesn't even look slightly Torguta, I don't know. At least Jacen Syndulla has green hair, and a slightly greenish tint to his skin.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  10. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    One of my friend's dad's "believes" that Ahsoka is Rey's mom, I was like, Whaaa..... no.

11. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Someone didn't consider Ahsoka's age let alone her species.

12. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I was just about to say that Darth Jar Jar is my least favorite fan theory lol.

13. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I think the theories on Darth Jar Jar (although I find that hilarious), the Empire was bad, and that the Rancor just wanted someone to play with. Also this:

Our lethal enemy, the Porg have begun an invasion of Imperial space. And this time, there may be nothing that can stop them.

How many ships?
    Just one. And it's on a direct course to Coruscant.

It was said that the Nuns of Ach To were a peaceful people. Then a distant traveller came with a staff. During her visit the walls of their stone houses were damaged and on another incident a cart was smashed. The nuns realised that there were great dangers in the stars above them. They took it upon themselves to use their ancient knowledge to enhance their warrior clans, the avian winged creatures known as Porg. Very soon, they had crafted the ultimate weapon. A collective which could adapt and strategically engage its enemies. At first the avians simply wandered the island. But their programming built upon the memories of their ancestors. Encountering a strange weapon that fell from a clifftop once used by the Jedi of old, and being refused food by a Wookie. In addition, programmed with a protocol to resist the girl who had attacked the nuns either by accident, or with purpose, and possibly resulting in the extinction of sentient species on their planet, the avians adapted. And so "The Porg" was born.
    A large craft emerged from hyperspace above the cityscape of the planet below. Already in shock, the citizens of the galactic capital felt genuine fear as they heard the words countless worlds had heard before them as it echoed through their heads.

"We are the Porg. Surrender your ships and your food. You will be made to serve us. We will add your technological and Force potential to our own. The Resistance...is futile."

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    christophero30 and jakobitis89 like this.
  14. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Actually I just read the strangest one today, over in the ST criticism thread. That the sea-cow milking scene in TLJ was obscene bcs the sea-cow was sexually aroused by Luke's milking. Said without a hint of irony or humor [face_hypnotized]

I believe that wins the thread. Any prizes?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    What I think is that this thread is not for passive-aggressively throwing shade at other threads or other posters on the forums.

The only “prize” for that will involve a trip to the Unban Request Forum.

@Bazinga'd @cubman987

16. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Yes, was no need to point the finger at the source of the theory. Sorry about that.

17. libraryMom1

libraryMom1 Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2019
    This theory is technically outside the universe but I think it still very much applies as it is a theory devised by--you guessed it-- a fan. It is known as the Star Wars Ring Theory and it basically argues that the saga is modeled after an ancient story telling method that uses this mirroring pattern, A-B-C-C-B-A, meaning TPM is a mirror or counterpart to ROTJ, AOTC with ESB, and ROTS with ANH. The theory I believe originated due to the flack that GL was receiving from the fanbase after the poor reception of the PT. It defends GL by basically calling the saga a genius master piece of a story. I honestly doubt George had the Ring method in mind, I think he just liked mirroring the PT to the OT without really a bigger structural picture in mind but it is a fun read and will give you something to pay attention to the next time you watch the PT (other than memes of course). Here is the link to the theory. http://www.starwarsringtheory.com

christophero30 likes this.
  18. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    AOTC even had the same closing shot of ESB, with the two droids and Luke/Leia Anakin/Padme.

libraryMom1 likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Sam Witwer as the Son’s spirit possesses different bodies. So he originally was the Son from TCW, but later possessed Starkiller and then the Emperor before moving on to maul. This is definitely not a joke. I think this could really be true. :p

20. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    The Son is just an allegorical representation of the dark side itself. Whether or not the Son actually exists as a physical entity is left ambiguous. But in the allegorical sense, your theory is somewhat accurate. However, the idea that he is a literal spirit possessing individuals in sequence has no merit. He is merely an aspect of reality which is present in all beings and things, manifesting to greater or lesser extents depending on circumstances. This is the reason the Son seems to slip into the voice of various dark side characters throughout the Mortis trilogy.

Jedi Princess likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It was a joke if you did not catch on with the :p

Dandelo likes this.
  22. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Pretty much all of them are rather silly, even the ones in other franchises. We get it, you found a way for Rey to somehow be related to Quinlan Vos. What does that do for the characters?

Honestly though, the ones that really annoy me are the "X was evil all along!" theories. No, Qui-Gon wasn't evil because he had a dark side apprentice in Legends. Poe Dameron was not "the true villain" of TLJ, either.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  23. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I read one that said Shmi was raped by Watto (thus making him Anakin's father) because she acted like she was withholding information from Qui Gon when he questioned her. :rolleyes: Despite the fact that Anakin doesn't look anything other than fully human.

The_Phantom_Calamari likes this.
  24. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Some people really do need to go outside more often.

Anways, anyone remember the old theory that Obi-Wan was a clone or something?

25. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    My mom was a big Star Wars fan during the original trilogy days, and she told me this theory when we were getting ready for Episode I, that back in the day a number of fans thought Obi-Wan would be revealed to be "OB-1". The reference even made its way onto the 1977 album "Living in These Star Wars" by Dan Whitley's Rebel Force Band (which, if you haven't listened to, you really really should).

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019