main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What is the strangest fan theory you have ever heard? SEE OP WARNING

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jangounchained1990, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    For me it will always be the idea that Yoda had a spaceship on Dagaboh and that when look crash landed on the planet Yoda went looking for him. I mean in that case then why was Luke trying to lift that X-Wing out of the swamp when he could just as easily have borrowed Yodas spaceship that we never see.

Mod edit: Warning that mockery of current fan theories posted elsewhere on the boards is not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2018
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    um yoda does have a spaceship on dagobah. it's an escape pod and he makes his hut out of it.

WayoftheJedi likes this.
  3. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015

Yea but did he use said spaceship to find Luke?
    I was arguing with somebody over the internet that it seemed like a little bit to much of a coincident that Luke would land in the excat same part of the planet that Yoda was living in. That's when somebody suggested that Yoda had a spaceship and that Luke did not land on the same land as Yoda was living on but instead Yoda sensed his presence and went looking for him in his spaceship and used the very same spaceship to take Luke to his home.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  4. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    no yoda didn't use a ship. did luke crash right near yoda? not exactly. they did have to walk a ways to get to yoda's hut but coincidence happens all the time in sw. it's called the force.

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Perhaps Yoda sensed Luke's incoming presence and gravitated his ship close to where he lives, could be a reason why Luke lost control and his power failed.

Another strange theory that I know has been discussed on here is that Owen and Obi-Wan were brothers. I don't know a whole lot about the backstory here or where people gather the evidence for this theory, but I thought it was a bit reaching.

One theory that I've completely aligned with recently is that Boba Fett killed and/or was responsible for the burning of Owen and Beru. Why else would Vader specifically point to Boba Fett in ESB after assigning him to find Luke and say directly to Fett "no disintegration this time"?

6. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    Before it was revealed in Attack of the Clones that Owen and Anakin become stepbrothers, it was intended to be that they were never brothers, and in fact Luke only falsely believed that Owen was his uncle. This was stated in most sources preceding Attack of the Clones, most notably in early editions of the Return of the Jedi novel, where Obi-Wan Kenobi refers to Owen as his brother.

This managed to enter profiles of both characters in The Essential Guide to Characters and thesecond edition of A Guide to the Star Wars Universe. By the time of the publication of the third edition of A Guide to the Star Wars Universe in 2000, Owen and Obi-Wan were no longer brothers. However, in the book Jedi Apprentice: The Hidden Past, Obi-Wan says he remembers a brother named Owen, though this is not likely intended to be Owen Lars, but perhaps a reference to the inconsistency.

Hypatia and JediBatman like this.
  7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Huh, well alright then.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Mace Windu is hiding in C3PO.

9. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    a guy thinks anakin is alive because: My father HAS it, the fact that he was obssessed with keeping people alive and how many metal hands we see in the TFA trailer.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  10. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    And we even know Boba was on Tattooine at the time!

There's also the Han Solo is force sensitive theory (hence Obi-Wan's smug look when he talks about the Force not existing), that the extraterrestrials from "ET" are from the GFFA, the whole ewoks ate the stormtroopers theory, Chewbacca was a rebel all along (sent by Yoda to ensure Han could help Obi-Wan, if need be), and the biggest stretch: Qui-Gon was a Sith Lord.

Edit: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=180580

11. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    why was the idea that Ewoks would eat stormtrooers theory weird? We see them try to eat the rebels before....

12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    that the extraterrestrials from "ET" are from the GFFA,
    -----------

you did see them in the senate, right?

13. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    Obi-Wan Kenobi is a Clawdite shapeshifter.

He didn't actually die on the Death Star, he just shapeshifted into a robe. Then, he sneaked aboard the Millennium Falcon en went back to Yavin, where he transformed himself into Luke's helmet, so that he could speak to Luke during the Battle of Yavin. Also, how do you thinks that he was able to make that Krayt Dragon noise in A New Hope? Because he probably transformed into a Krayt Dragon quite a couple of times during his life.

And there is also that theory about Obi-Wan being an alcoholic. Even when he's on a mission with Anakin to catch Zam Wesell, he still has time to go for a drink!

14. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    this should be called the "i don't know anything about sw" thread.

15. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    The theory that Obi-Wan used Luke as bait to draw Vader out.

Obi-Wan is actually Luke and Leia's father.

That old Return of the Jedi rumor that Boba Fett was actually Luke and Leia's mother.

Yoda was actually dead in the OT.

16. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Many of the best fan theories I can remember come from the time between the trilogies, and/or the time of the OT.

- Owen was Obi-Wan's brother (this is not technically a fan theory - it actually was the story as of 1983, only to be changed later)

- Boba Fett is Luke's mother
    - Han would be merged with Vader, and Luke would have to choose whether to sacrifice his friend to take out Vader
    - Obi-Wan = "OB-1," a clone designation

- Naboo is Alderaan
    - Naboo is Dagobah
    - Sidious is a clone of Palpatine

There are many others; that's just what I can remember right now.

17. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Pretty much anything from that Supershadow guy.

18. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Palpatine was a clone of sidious and sidous looked like the rotj emperor the whole time.

19. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    As a kid (I was 5 when I saw TPM, and 8 when I saw AotC) I pretty much convinced myself that Qui-Gon was a Sith in the time before AotC's release. My reasoning was that he didn't disappear when he died, but then a bunch of Jedi died in AotC and didn't disappear, so out went that theory. In 2005 RotS cleared all of that up for me once and for all (I still remember my face lighting up at the mention of Yoda communicating with Qui-Gon, like I finally "got it").

20. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    the strangest I've heard is actually EU related. Mara Jade was present in the death star throne room in ROTJ. LOL..wut?

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU she was at Jabba's Palace. No idea why someone would think DS throne room?

22. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    oh, I've heard that MJ is in the throne room a number of times here on the boards. Good to know she wasn't :p

Seagoat likes this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    She did have a vision of the throne room battle but it was altered by Palpatine so she would kill Luke.

DaveyWanKenobi and enigmaticjedi like this.
  24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That Obi-Wan is a clone of Palpatine.

25. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    Don't know if he was kidding or not, but a guy I know once told me that a friend of his swore that Padme was Palpatine's daughter and that they were secretly working together to turn Anakin to the dark side.

Me: :confused:o_O [face_plain]