main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    So, so so so... I was thinking about the great moments our favorite Sith Lord got in the Kenobi series. It´s very important to me that Vader is scarcely defeated during the Dark Times, since he is basically the second most powerful being in the Empire. To defeat him must have huge meaning.

In both the duel with Kenobi in chapter 6 of the series, and with Luke in episode VI of... well, Star Wars :D, it could be argued that it's almost Vader defeating himself, as much as his opponent. Obi Wan was obviously powerful, but it was Vader´s inability to see things calmly and in perspective (as we see him in ANH) what ultimately defeated him; Luke was too, but Vader cannot rely on hatred against his son anymore. Both times, it's exactly him leaning on the dark side what impede him of achieving his goals; true victory comes with him casting it aside.

Legends had moments that I didn't agree with in terms of showing Vader broken and defeated. They seemed gratuitous, only to make some other character look good, or to have Vader in a constant state of crisis. Now we are back at understanding how much power he holds, and what a terrible being he had become until Luke came along. To me, that brings great power and gravitas to these moments...

[​IMG]

3. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I liked the OWK series but it had also many flaws, including the bull**** way they resolved that fight.

On Vader being defeated: it depends on how it’s done. In OWK they crafted a super emotional scene that required a vulnerable, mask-broken Vader to make it work so I suppose it’s okay.
    Though it still looks like they just randomly decided to nerf Vader after all that previous power boost just so that Obi could have that win. Yet, to be fair, Luke vs Vader fight in ROTJ also feels that way.

You know what I miss? MrOpinionGuy!Vader. I love badass Vader, but Vader was a much richer character in the OT than these simplistic Disney interpretations. I also want to see a Vader who spends much of his precious time just simply arguing politics and facts with Imperial officers as he did in ANH. :p

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  4. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Vader was awesome in Kenobi. And the show really reminded me why I like him. It's not just because he's cool looking and badass, though that is a factor. It's because Anakin is still in there somewhere.

5. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
  6. CampOfSorgan

Apr 27, 2020
  7. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    If he looked like Vader, then removing his mask would be even more shameful and pathetic. They are completely different. Kylo to Vader is like walking to the moon. :cool:

8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah, Kylo Ren is a pathetic wannabe and I love making fun of him for it. But at the same time I'm also a Reylo shipper. Don't even ask me to explain that one. Sometimes it just be like that.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  9. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    Darth Vader by Alessandro Cappuccio

[​IMG]

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  11. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Unfortunately, I think Lord Vader would lose. The whole acid for blood thing is pretty wicked.

Ithorians and Iron_lord like this.
  12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Aside from that one Aqualish guy in ANH, lightsabers leave very little blood when they cut - cauterisation.

Ithorians and DarthIshyZ like this.
  13. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Gotta have tissue to cauterize. Xenomorphs have exoskeletons. Don't know if the veins (if they have them) would be enough tissue to fuse closed.

14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that, aside from the acidity, Geonosians are very Alienesque (Karina in particular is an Alien Queen knockoff if ever I've seen one) it wouldn't be Anakin's first time fighting exoskeletal beings.

Ithorians and DarthIshyZ like this.
  15. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    And they captured Anakin.

16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    True - but he doesn't end up covered in Geonosian blood in the process. I can believe that Anakin, and later Vader, would be able to avoid Death By Acid.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  17. CampOfSorgan

Apr 27, 2020

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  18. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    What a fun debate! I could definitively see Vader thinking of the Xenomorphs as a good biological weapon to master. *Random spokesperson of Weyland-Yutani shows up* "Yes, indeed, that's what we've been trying to d..." *Vader force chokes them*.

I could see him defeating some Xenomophs by outsmarting them with heavy Force using. They are pretty smart and would probably try and figure out how he is defeating them instead of sacrificing themselves endlessly, I think.

Iron_lord and DarthIshyZ like this.
  19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  20. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Love love love the high-waisted khakis!

PCCViking and Iron_lord like this.
  21. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    I like the plot of Vader with the handmaidens of Padme. Especially with Sabe. I was very hooked on the panel where Vader is carrying Sabe in his arms... I don't know, he's holding her like that, such a scene... The loss of Padme is a little 2.0. :(

[​IMG]

And when they walk side by side, I keep thinking, did Vader bend over like that or lean on Sabe? If the latter, then we will not envy her. :D

[​IMG]

I can't help but note one unattractive fact, but in the new comics Lord Vader is somehow being bullied very fiercely... It seems too much to me... So they also make a stupid killing machine out of him... Discrediting a cult character... [face_waiting]

Sabe, take Vader's hand, take it! Eh, I'm ready to give half the kingdom to be in her place and be outwardly similar to Padme. And leave with him. [face_love]

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado likes this.
  22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Tron-Vader?

PCCViking and Iron_lord like this.
  24. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8