main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Great thing is (sorry if it was mentioned earlier) after a brief and interesting interlude exploring Vader and Tarkin´s relationship, there will be a whole arc devoted to the construction of Vader´s Castle on Mustafar!!! I´m most interested in what will be going on in that arc, and it feels fairly close now!

3. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    That sounds very interesting indeed.

Admittedly, one good thing that the new comics are doing more (than the previous ones) is intense and detailed world building and exploration.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  4. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  5. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I would love to see a film exploring Vader and Tarkin and the Emperor in the years between ROTS and ANH.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    That should be a TV series, but networks hate making the bad guy the star.

7. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  8. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  9. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  10. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Oh that's chilling.

What's worse is that all I can think about is snow angels and who'd do a better one: Vader or Cliegg Lars. I need to get out more.

Master_Rebado and DarthIshyZ like this.
  11. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  12. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    ^^^ I am impressed.

13. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    christophero30 likes this.
  15. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Vader in his prime would have smoked anyone. He was like a cat toying with a mouse with Luke in ESB. :)

16. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I've been really out of the loop with the Vader comics series as of late, how is it and how does it compare to the original series?

17. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    ^ I've been losing interest in the new comic series. Last I read was Tarkin setting up a mock battle (?) to show off how awesome Vader is with killing people.
    Too much flanderization of Vader, too little dynamic characterization or complex character arcs or growth, I find myself struggling to care.

On another note, I was curious if any Vader fans here bothered to read Timothy Zahn's last Thrawn novel featuring Anakin/Vader on a mission with his favorite pet character.

18. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    [​IMG]

Goodbye Jocasta Nu!

LOL!

19. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Sorry late reply but I did read the book. Thrawn Alliances is one of the better Zahn books in terms of Vader potroyals though there's still few odd moments. At times it feels like Vader is incredibly forgiving and rather talkitive strangely enough. But then other times Zahn would show Vader as a clever tactician and even having Sherlock Holmes style moments of his own. So a bit of mix bag but still better then other times and I liked the book overall.

La Calavera and Master_Rebado like this.
  20. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    On the comic, I´m really liking it. We´ve got a lot of interesting things, from Vader hunting Jedi (of course), taking over the Inquisitorius, putting himself on top of the Empire´s officers hierarchy, and some pretty good (even if scarce) interactions with the Emperor.

Still, @La Calavera makes a very good point: it would be fantastic to develop things a little more. For instance, he got to see the gruesome training the Inquisitors endured under Vader´s discipline, but we never hear from it again. We suddenly got forward to the point where Vader and his Inquisitors are described as "very successful" in their Jedi hunts. It was an interesting chance to see a little more detail into the Inquisitors relationship with him, and it´s certainly important, because Sidious, the Inquisitors and, I imagine, the Stormtrooper commander in charge of the 501st, are pretty much the only stable relationships Vader can develop at this point (we could throw Vanée in there too!).

The one thing that felt openly wrong to me, was how Vader and Tarkin´s relationship was depicted in the Annual #2 issue. Still, it´s by far my favorite comic at this point. In fact, dare I say, more so than the first Darth Vader comic (which, I have to admit, I also really liked).

The book, I just started to read, and it´s been an engaging reading up to this point!

21. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  22. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    As a little follow up, today the new issue of the comic showed Vader vs Eeth Koth, among other things, in a great issue!

23. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  24. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  25. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I must disagree. He is not a monster. Just misunderstood.