main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    One of my friends posted this elsewhere a while back. My first reaction: that's one fat Vader!
    [​IMG]

La Calavera and Master_Rebado like this.
  3. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  4. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    Hi! My name is Stasy.
    I've adored Lord Vader since I was a child.
    Very glad to join the forum.

DarthIshyZ and Master_Rebado like this.
  5. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Welcome @Merlyn Emerald Stasy!!!!

"We would be honored if you would join us......." :)

[​IMG]

6. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Not just a fan of Vader, a fan of Merlyn? Sweet! Welcome. I watched Ready Player One with my son. I could not explain to him why I laughed (joyfully, to be sure) when the incantation for that shield was "Anal nathrak, uthvas bethud, do che-ol di-enve."

7. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  8. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    Mmm... Merlin is just a name I like.
    Excuse me, I don't know what work you're talking about.

9. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  10. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Quite alright. It's from the movie Excalibur.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Master_Rebado likes this.
  11. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  12. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Bad, Sheevy! Bad! Die! Die!

BigAl6ft6 and Master_Rebado like this.
  13. Lord Vader's Feline

Lord Vader's Feline Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 2, 2017
    Hello Cowgirl. Sheevy Thanos's friend!

Wysłane z mojego SM-G920F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Master_Rebado and DarthIshyZ like this.
  14. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    I try to write my first opinion on this forum. I'm so embarrassed, English is not my first language, but I will try. Nice to find a forum where there is a whole topic about Lord Vader, many pages have already discussed.

So... Lord Vader immediately became my favorite character when I was six years old. I saw he for the first time on TV, it was the fifth movie and the moment, which is in my avatar. If you can say that about a six-year-old, it was love at first sight, hehe. Until now.

This character can not cling as I think. He is complex, but most of all it touches the fact that he is not a villain in the full sense of the word, he does not like to do evil, he just has to do it, because for him there is nothing and no one else in this life. But it is impossible to deny that Darth Vader is really cool! He's not like the Emperor - pure evil - and it is captivating. And despite all his horrors... purely humanely Darth Vader sorry. I was so glad Luke forgave and accepted his father, unfortunately, just before the end... But still, it was so touching.

I prefer the Expanded Universe, but Lord Vader is not a bad book and comic book in the new Canon. Although something of the Lord Vader now is different, unpleasant different - for example, he is too cruel to the soldiers, which were not previously observed. Lord Vader pet stormtroopers. I love and respect him for what he appreciates in the first place personal qualities and competence of the employee, and not his family and other relationships.

Most of all, my feelings are caused by the relationship of Lord Vader with the Emperor. To what I hate this character, he is a model of soulless and evil creation, full of selfishness, cruelty and other... em... bad things. He deceived Anakin and made him his slave... Slavery again... But much worse than it was. Painful to read about the torture with Force lightning, about the eternal intrigue, deception, use, eternal ill check the Vader's strength... It may sound naive, but I think so.

Hm... Wrote a whole text of some incoherent nonsense... Probably illiterate, too. By the end of the post I will attach a picture - one of my favorite, I have it for a long time on the desktop.
    [​IMG]

15. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Those two would get along way too well.

It's not incoherent nonsense, nor is it illiterate. Also, you are not alone in English not being your first language. There are a number of others on these forums who are not native English speakers.

16. Lord Vader's Feline

Lord Vader's Feline Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 2, 2017
    I am from Poland. My English is not ok either

Wysłane z mojego SM-G920F przy użyciu Tapatalka

17. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Darth Vader #25 (Vol 2) that came out a few weeks ago is one of the best damn Star Wars comics I've ever read, complete with Vader doing Vader stuff but in a really weird way.

Also this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  19. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  20. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    Yes, Lord Vader, bring them down, bring them all down! I love it when Vader saves the galaxy from the rebels. He has this fishery is obtained with a guarantee of quality, to the very... end, heh heh heh . :cool: This is one of my favorite moments. [face_tee_hee][​IMG]

21. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    That last panel. He is a seriously metal dude. No pun intended.

22. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  23. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    I like the top of this comic page. This is one well-known (seemingly) meme. However, in English I have not seen it. Seriously, nice drawing of Vader. [face_dancing]

I'd like to ask you a few questions. Tell me, the members of this thread, for what reason do you like Lord Vader? How do you feel about his actions - in the beginning, in the middle and in the end? For all my love for him, I can't deny it... his cruelty, sometimes excessive. Vader causes a whole range of feelings - love, sympathy, compassion and fear, yes, fear... How do you feel about Lord Vader of the New Canon? He is a noticeable change in it, he is often tough on even to the stormtroopers. I prefer the Expanded Universe and the Original Trilogy. In general, please, describe your feelings for this wonderful character. =((

La Calavera and Master_Rebado like this.
  24. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Well for me as a person who was a young boy when the OT was still new in cinemas, Darth Vader was the big bad guy who was bad ass but at same then I sort of wanted to be Luke.

Later on in years of course the nuances of the character became more clear to me than just how he was shown in the OT,I recall when the ROTJ was done and SW was starting to go quiet aka no more movies,wondering who exactly was Anakin Skywalker.

What did he do and was like as a Jedi before he became Vader?

What was he like?

Why did he turn to the dark side?

Those questions fascinated me.

As powerful he seemed,he was not,he was a pawn or servant to an even more evil person.

So then of course the dual identity thing was interesting to me cause normally for me up til then that was for heroes not villains.

I liked how he had been shown to be a character who was also redeemed and how flawed he was.

[​IMG]

25. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    Thanks for the answer, Master_Rebado! :)

You just voiced my wishes. I wanted to be Lord Vader's daughter too, from the beginning. No matter what, regardless of the fact that the character was frightened and special tenderness to no one was different, still would like his daughter. Irrational desire, and nothing can be done. Daughter... or Padme's replacement. [face_tee_hee]

Yes... This moment, perhaps, the most painful in character of Vader. He never was free - born a slave, and then was officially released only to become a slave of the Jedi, and then worse... slave of the Emperor... A tool always and for everyone, well except his mother. It is painful to realize that he was freed only by death. What a life... :(

Interesting picture you attached, Master_Rebado! I've never seen such magazines. It is a pity, at us even comics of a New Canon let out with great work, and something bigger on Star Wars there's no point in waiting. The Internet is the only salvation. Um, Vader has these weird eyepieces in the picture. Old rice is funny. And... Chewbacca speak?![face_dancing]

Nobody writes... The thread is not as popular? Oh, I always come at a bad time. :D

In my thoughts always swarmed this question... Vader, as Anakin, at least someone considered a friend, at least someone believed? With Padme they had eternal innuendo, they did not talk heart to heart. Ahsoka... like a friend, but she knew nothing and later on, Vader wanted to kill her. About Obi-Wan i'm silent, it's complicated term. I don't know if this should be in the thread of Anakin to write, but I think it's all the same for Vader. Why? Why he didn't trust anyone and was so stubborn? In "Lords of the Sith" book Palpatine said that Vader betrayed them all - Jedi, Padme, et cetera... It turns out that this is true... It's too hard and painful to realize... [face_plain]

Finally I want to attach this picture. Aphra really got us, Vader's fans. [face_batting]
    Just quoting thoughts... mine sure did... [face_love]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019