main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Fanclub threads usually tend to be kind of slow. This is actually one of the more active ones.

As for Anakin/Vader, he is such a complex character. There's so much angst there, I just feel for him. I mean, seriously, his story is so tragic it's literally like something out of Shakespeare.

I could say a lot more, but I don't feel like typing that much right now.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  2. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I like that Vader is both a tragic character and a terrifying monster. A lot of villains do have tragic backstories but that doesn’t necessarily make me care about them. Vader was just the perfect combination of excellent character design, charismatic voice acting, memorable dialogue, badass action scenes, intriguing backstory mystery and sympathetic character’s death. I have a list of fictional villains I love, but Vader will always be the number one.

Aphra was brilliant and hilarious stand in for Vader fangirls.

Btw, where is @Darth_Pevra ? Are you still around? I'm curious about your opinion on the latest Vader Marvel series, which I quit reading midway through. Vader felt kinda OOC to me, but I wonder if his characterization gets better. I know that @Ithorians loved it, probably because it has inquisitors. :p

3. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    [face_laugh] But I have to say... I really like canon Inquisitors because of my longtime love for the legends ones, and those I like because I always loved the idea of some Force users that are Vader´s personal agents... combined with the fact that (at least in legends) they were more like real life Inquisitors! So its all about Vader anyway, haha.

I do understand that some characterization can feel at odds in the comic, but I always interpreted it like this was Anakin in the suit. Not yet Vader, but transitioning towards him, process that we see finalized (I´ll play safe, if anyone is interested in reading it and hasn't done it yet):
    only in the last panel of the last issue...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  4. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I like ESB and RO Vader. Just a choking machine of burnin love. :vader:

5. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  6. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    Great portrayal of the moment from the comic where Vader kills Maul... stabbing himself with a sword. Powerful moment. What self-loathing...

[​IMG]

7. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    One of the things I really like about Vader is his duality. The perpetual inner conflict. In my opinion, the darkness never claimed him completely. Even at his worst, that little bit of light, that little bit of Anakin, was always still in there.

9. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Agreed on all counts here :)

[​IMG]

10. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    That pic is just, like, so beautiful and so sad.

You can feel Ahsoka's heart breaking for Anakin. Snips wants her Skyguy back.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  11. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    Do you think Vader would have killed Ahsoka in that duel in the Clone Wars? I can not help but answer this question clearly, but I want to believe that no...

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Hi, I'm still somewhat around. You'll find me commenting on Vader comics and the like. Not much interest in the franchise beyond that, I'm afraid. The Last Jedi hit me hard.

Vader stays OOC throughout the series unfortunately. I thought that maybe there would be some character development going on and that the first issues would depict his chaotic evil "chaos phase", but I was mistaken.

There are still a bunch of great moments and a lot of interesting Sith lore, but I liked Gillen's series more.

I'm very excited about the new Vader series that is in the works, it's only five issues but it seems really interesting.

13. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    It is correctly noticed that in the new comic book Vader some strange and excessively aggressive. In principle, in this time interval he is still young, only just started his journey as a sith... Probably, it would be possible to write off it on the young temper, terribly injured on all points. But it turns out bad, to be honest. I am personally most offended by moment with Vader's attempts to resurrect Padme. Force save, what would be there if it happened? In short, Vader from the new comic scares... far from as he does it in the comics, where he was assisted by Aphra... Whatever you say, don't serve it with any sauce, but I love Lord Vader in his forties. ;)

Now I read the whole comic "Tales of Vader's castle". In general, it's not so bad. :)
    Lord Vader in any comic book is just the biggest ******* and king of pathos. :cool:

[​IMG]

14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I loved Vader's castle. Finding out it was in Rogue One was what motivated me to go see it finally.

15. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    "Don't choke on your aspirations...."

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Man that's some great art.

Merlyn Emerald and Master_Rebado like this.
  17. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    It's why I relate to AnaVader a lot cause I used to be someone who stood for something good and true but the darkness and an anger lurked inside and then a time came and I became scarred,burned and now also am encased in a suit that keeps me alive but not who I once was.

[/QUOTE]

If you mean the dual on Mortis?

No he would've bested her for example using the force to knock her unconscious.

At that time before " The Son" showing Anakin the future Anakin was still the good Jedi who cared for his padawan.

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    It seems to be Mortis, yes... Only there was exactly Vader.
    The name of the episode "Twilight of the Apprentice". Ahsoka is cut off a piece of Vader's mask. I was referring to this duel. A lot of controversy about whether he'd kill her or not? I'm trying to believe it's not...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Master_Rebado and DarthIshyZ like this.
  19. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    I'm not a man. ;) And this is not art, this is a drawing from the comic book "Tales from Vader's castle". Cute comic, especially for fans of short stories. :)

20. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Uhhh... I believe he was very willing to kill her, honestly. Vader was actually going for her head when Ezra saved her!

21. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Comic book art is still art. :D

Darth_Pevra and Master_Rebado like this.
  22. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004

Oh that's not SW Clone Wars ,that's SW Rebels and that is on Malachor.

On Mortis Ahsoka is tainted by the Dark Side and Anakin Skywalker the Jedi Knight had to confront her.

Different moment and show.

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  24. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    Have you already seen this description of the third part of the future comic? I'm looking forward to it! Described as if it about me, he-he-he. Who will this girl be and how will it end? Is she really going to be killed? But... WHO IS SHE? Uhh, I can't wait to find out! I'm overexcited, honestly... =((=((=((

Star Wars: Vader — Dark Visions #3 (of 5). Available April 24, 2019.

THE STAR-CROSSED LOVER!

DARTH VADER, a name that strikes fear in the hearts of countless across the galaxy…but there is one lonely heart that beats just for him.
    • What is it like to be in love with LORD VADER?
    • And what fate will befall one who is infatuated with the tall, dark mystery behind the mask?
    [​IMG]

Darth_Pevra and Master_Rebado like this.
  25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    George-Costanza-Popcorn.gif

I never thought they would do that.