main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your coolest SW toy? Why?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Tricky, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Zam Wesell's speeder! I can't get over how cool this thing is, it's the only Star Wars thing that I want in real life, next to one of those replica lightsabers. Zam's speeder defines the word "cool" for me, compared to it everything else is George Lucas's weird fantasy, but this toy has got so much style man. I'm almost embarrassed to get caught flying this toy around in my room.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/zamspeeder_front.jpg]

2. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Well it's not really a toy, but I'd have to say my Darth Mual Cookie Jar. he looks so mean

3. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Hard to pick one really, but the one that I saw that "had to have" when I saw it was the 12" Han and Taun Taun. It just blew me away.

Beyond that I would have to lump all of my vintage into a group. YOu can't beat the vintage for bringing back great childhood memories.

4. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Amen to that Xizor. Amen to that.

5. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    You know, I saw Zam's Speeder on clearance for 6 bucks a few weeks ago at K-Mart, but after hearing the horror stories of how Zam doesn't even fit inside it I passed. The very next day I had a change of heart (for just 6 bucks? Hell, why not... :p ) and went back to get it, but of course by then it was gone. I've been kicking myself every time I go into Target and see it sitting there for 12 bucks...

Anyway, I guess I'd have to go with either my AT-AT or TIE Boomer as my coolest SW toys, I have both proudly out on display on top of my entertainment center.

6. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Tricky question Tricky! [face_mischief] Seriously, Very hard one, Questions like this are hard for me!! :p

Hmmm... I'll just Cheat as usual [face_mischief]

"12"inch Collector Series Master Yoda :D I Just [face_love] that little guy ;) He's always been one of my favorite characters, Since I was little :D It's the Coooolest because his face & robe & everything are Perfect :cool: ;)

Close 2nd- Saga Imperial Shuttle, Cause it just looks soooo Cooool hanging from my ceiling :cool:

Close 3rd- POTF2 Millennium Falcon :D Cause it's my Favorite ship, And I Loved playing with my POTF one as a kid :D

7. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Everything that was made into
    Micro Machines.
    Action Fleets too!

You have everything in your hand!
    Main characters, armies, ships, creatures, playsets and even the
    Death Star!
    Too bad Hasbro is too stupid to keep on producing them.

8. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    1st Favorite: Shuttle Tyderium. So Lucky to get one!

2nd Favorite: Millenium Falcon, again got lucky. I waited really long and finally got one at Toys R Us one weekend when they had 2 left - paid $40 for it I think.

3rd Favorite: Republic Gunship (unless the release the assault ship acclamator class).

9. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I agree with Xigor, everything vintage. Great childhood memories.

But if I had to pick one, my diecast 1978 tie fighter that has DV in it as the pilot. I remember the night my mom bought it for me.

10. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    not really a toy but my lifesize replica of yoda from AOTC soo cool on my dresser

11. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    My favorite toy Hasbro wise would be my Y-wing because it is my favorite ship and just looks great.

My favorite toy of everything would be my MR Anakin FX saber. It is awesome and you feel like a jedi when you play with it.

12. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    hasnt this been done before?

Mine would be...

uuum
    hmmm
    wellll

I'll get back to you on that :8)

13. YodaJediMaster12

YodaJediMaster12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 26, 2002
    My coolest Sw collectible is probably my POTF2 Falcon. It may not be the most valuable SW item I own, but the Falcon is my favorite ship from the GFFA. ;)

14. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    The Lego republic gunship, definitely. I've customized it to make it nearly perfect. :D

15. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    My coolest toy is the Ask Yoda. Everyone that comes over can't put the thing down, and he stands right next to my computer on my desk.

16. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Commtech Stormtrooper. The only way to make that figure cooler would be to give it a real holster. But despite that, its still the best.

17. lightsaberfreak

lightsaberfreak Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2003
    I am sorry to say, but I have got to say the electronic lightsabers. I love the orange one and Mace Windu's. Nothing beats a good lightsaber!

18. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Hmmm...hard to say on this one, so I'll just list a few of my faves.

POTJ B-Wing - Accurately detailed and lots of fun to play with...considering the B-Wing has become my favourite of the OT fighters, it's no surprise I love this toy.

Silver Anniversary "Final Duel" Vader & Obi-Wan - Sitting atop my monitor at work, I see these two guys more than anything else in my collection. While not particularly good to play with, the detail is great and they just look so iconic.

Lego Imperial Shuttle - Like the B-Wing, I love the shuttle...so this makes one of my best clearance aisle finds ever.

POTF2 Jawas (any) - Something about the glowing eye effect and the way these little guys look just always makes me smile.

Teh Gunship - This is the vehicle all other vehicles want to be when they grow up. (minor gripe - I'd kill for a larger version with accurate gunner balls on the side)

300th Figure Boba Fett / Sneak Preview Jango Fett - Both of them look too perfect, when displayed side by side as Father & Son they put the rest of a collection to shame.

Darth Tyranus Electronic Lightsaber - I could twirl that thing all day long.

19. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    My electronic Darth Vader talking bank.

Impresive most impresive
    But you are not a Jedi yet

light saber lights up and moves

cue music

20. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Very tough choice...

Although I don't collect the line anymore, I'd have to go with the 12-inch Biker Scout with Speeder Bike. Just an amazing piece, correct and to-scale down to the last detail.

21. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    the tusken raider and bantha. I still love that thing the real fur makes it so cool.. anybody wanna pet my bantha?

22. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    1) Darth Vader helmet
    2) TIE Fighter-toy w/detachable solar panels

23. Samwise_Skywalker

Samwise_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    Tough one...hmm....Probably my Geonosis Arena with about 30 figs in it!

24. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    My !4! Jorg Saculs would have to do it for me.

25. Kia-Ruse

Kia-Ruse Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    With you all the way lightsaberfreak!!! The Electronic lightsabers rock!!

My favourite Star Wars toy has to be the 1996 Kenner Luke Skywalker ROTJ lightsaber. Even though I prefer the harder type of arylic blades and sound systems of the more recent Hasbro sabers, the blade on Luke's is so much longer, the hilt is too cool and basically, I learned how to lightsaber properly and all my twists and twirls on it. Never leaves my side. Christ, did I just admit that???!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.