main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your current attitude toward Indiana Jones 4?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by AdamBertocci, Aug 31, 2004.

?

What is your current attitude toward Indiana Jones 4?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Shaping up to be the best of the bunch

3.3%
  2. A worthy addition to the existing trilogy

41.3%
  3. Don't foresee it being as good as the others, but still good

17.4%
  4. A black eye for the franchise

4.1%
  5. I predict it won't ever actually get made

28.1%
  6. Don't care

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    At the current rate of not moving forward...I'm afraid it won't ever see the light of day. And even if it does, well...I haven't heard anything at all about where the adventure is going. I know nothing except "Indy 4...someday".

With that in mind, here's my hopes: Ever since the video game, I've been hoping Indy would go to Atlantis on the big screen. That'd rock.
    And, cheesy though it might be, I'd be amused if this chapter were set in present day. The logic: Indy and his dad drank from the Grail. Sure, they'd have to keep drinking to be immortal, but surely it at least extneded their life spans quite a bit...

Just sayin'...

2. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    ""We're working on it. We haven't agreed on a script yet"-George Lucas

If they're going to do it they should put a move on. Ford isn't getting any younger.

3. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I remember reading somewhere the Ford had actually given them a deadline.

4. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    That sounds like something Ford would do. Good Idea if thats the case. This is one of those things you want to happen, but if it doesnt your kinda relieved at the same time. I wish there were more definite answers to draw from.

5. Darth_Takedown

Darth_Takedown Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2004
    At the rate they're going, by the time this thing gets made the story
    will have to take place in a Florida condo community, OMG they will be that old!

6. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    I see that CHUD,one of the biggest film websites, has announced it is going to delete all "Bullsh--t" Indy Jones 4 rumors.
    Can't say I blame then. I am tired of some fanboy posting a "INDY JONES HAS STARTED FILMING" thread only to have the scoop be still another crap rumor from a fansite, with no evidence to back it up.
    My policy is to treat all rumors as being the product of a fan's overfired imagination until we get an official announcment form Lucas,Spielberg,and Ford giving a firm date for start of filming.
    But I agree they either put it into production or be honest and cancel the production. This has been in development hell long enough. Either film it or give it a decent burial.

7. JediJen-aaha

JediJen-aaha Jedi Master star 2

Nov 4, 2002
    I personally wish they would just the leave the Indianna Jones Trilogy as it is. I dislike how there always has to be a sequal to everything. I am NOT saying that it won't be good, it defintely has the potential to be just as good as the others (not better), and I will see it. I am just really sick of movie-makers creating sequels when it is not necessary.

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm very interested to see which direction they go with this one. It would be nice to see if Short Round is still a part of the Jones crew as a grown man. I don't think there can be a bad Indy film, and that's coming from a guy who thinks Temple of Doom was just as good as Raiders and far better than The Last Crusade.

9. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    It might be dead,Jim.Apparently they are back to square one on a script.

10. Master_Corlath

Master_Corlath Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2006
    i chose "hope it's never made" it's my opinion that they can'tmake another one. i mean, the first three are great, i love them, but no matter what they do, they will never be able to top those three. if they make a fourth, i think it won't be any good and it will just be swept under the rug. kinda like making another LOTR, it can never be done. nothing can top Indy's first debut.

if it's made, what do ya bet there's nazi's in it?

11. Captain_Kazan

Captain_Kazan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    *sigh*. This seems to be a common misunderstanding. I'm going to repost what I posted in another thread:

"Um, guys, the article didn't say Indy 4 wasn't happening. It said Lucas rejected Darabont's script IN 2004. This has been known for some time. Darabont is just putting his feelings on it out there now. Currently, David Koepp is polishing up the new screenplay."

12. Ani_Lover

Ani_Lover Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2005
    A worthy addition to the existing trilogy :cool:

I really hope it gets made....[face_praying]

13. General_Quenobi

General_Quenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    My thought is that it won't be made, but if I am wrong then I expect it to be better than TOD, but not as good as Raiders or TLC.

14. Lavaman

Lavaman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2003
  15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Option Two.

With Lucas, Speilberg, and Ford all working together, how can it be any less? Yes, all of them have made mistakes in the past (Holiday Special, anyone? ;)), but not when all three of them worked together. It's a winning combo, and I say, 'go for it!'

16. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    My attitude is: I don't think it is a good idea, but as they are going to do it, I hope it's a good film.

17. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    A worthy addition to the existing trilogy

I say since it's the last one, it does have the potential of ending up as one of the best Indy ever, if they really go for it to let Indy go out with a bang [face_peace]

18. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    In the words of Peter Laird when he told his new director he got the job to do the new ninja turtles movie...

19. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Cate Blanchett is a step in the right direction, definitely.

20. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm hoping they make at least some passing reference to Brody, maybe they could mention "the Brody wing of the museum" or something of that nature. Something that's subtle. The audience doesn't need it's face rubbed in the fact that Deholm Elliot is dead.

21. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Worthy addition.

22. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Hope and fear.

23. Darth_Sidious-

Darth_Sidious- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    I've been waiting too long for Lucas and Spielberg to team up again.

24. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Worthy addition. Can't wait to see Speilberg, Lucas, and Ford team up again. Maybe, for once, HF will have a memorable film since, The Fugitive.

25. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Ever see Air Force One?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.