main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What is your favorite Leia line or moment?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 16, 2017.

1. StarYogi

StarYogi Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2005
    [​IMG]
    This smile always gets to me.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    "Would it helped if I got out and pushed?"

3. WayoftheJedi

WayoftheJedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2019
    OT Leia was so much better than grumpy ST Leia.

4. Sephiroth1335

Sephiroth1335 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2019
    Yeah that's definitely a cool moment.

devilinthedetails likes this.
  5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Some of my favorite:

1. "“Governor Tarkin, I should have expected to find you holding Vader’s leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board."--Such defiance and wit. Classy and cutting at the same time. I love it.

2 “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?” when Luke comes into her prison cell on the Death Star. Shows that she doesn't lose her sense of humor even in dire circumstances. Shows how brave and smart she is.

3 “Would it help if I got out and pushed?” — Leia to Han after the Millennium Falcon stalls while trying to escape Hoth. Just hilarious and shows how she always knew how to put a smug Han in his place.

4 “You have your moments. Not many of them, but you do have them.” — Leia to Han with a kiss, after he steers them out of the asteroid field. Shows how she does love Han despite all the zingers she throws at him.

6. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Grabbing Luke's blaster, blasting the grate, improvising their way out of a situation and saying "Into the chute flyboy".

Hands down favorite Leia moment for me.

7. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    That was a great moment. Really cemented my love of Leia the first time I saw A New Hope as a little girl.

8. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    "Yatay, yatay, yotoh"

[​IMG]

9. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    when Han winks at her at the end of ANH and she looks at him like "whatever dude"

10. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    It's hard to pick just one moment or line. Probably in ANH when she and Luke meet up with Han and Chewie in the detention area and she just basically takes over the whole rescue. The way she just took charge, even after they got out of the compactor. As a little girl, that was a big deal to me, seeing such a strong female character.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    YES.

12. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    As a little girl, I think I might have started falling in love with Leia as a character--as someone I could imagine myself being in a sense--in her first scene with Vader in ANH. I was so terrified of Vader, but there she was being dignified, defiant, and articulate. There's just so much strength and courage in her as she stands up for herself and for democratic principles even while being governed by an Empire. She's amazing in that scene and so many others.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    For me it was the first scene with Tarkin. “I thought I smelled your foul stench when I was brought on board.” [face_laugh] YES. We didn’t talk about people getting “owned” then but that’s what it was. One of my first lessons in How to Handle a Misogynistic ***hole.

14. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @anakinfansince1983, she's definitely great in her scene with Tarkin as well. That line you quoted is one of my all-time favorite Leia lines. It's just so smart and cutting. Then she proceeds to convincingly lie to Tarkin about the site of the Rebel base even as he is threatening to destroy quite literally her entire world. That's another scene that really showcases how strong and smart Leia can be in circumstances where many might not have had her courage or cleverness. She may be a captive, but she still finds a way to own that scene with such dignity she doesn't come across as a damsel in distress.

15. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I love all of Leia's scenes, obviously, especially on Bespin where she's elegantly dressed up but also kind of blending in, like a spy. For some reason though, I think my fondest memory when watching her as a kid was her first scene with Wicket. The way Fischer plays it, barely suppressing her incredulous sense of humor is delightful. And then they team up to take out the Stormtroopers and she picks him up to get him off the tree, it's just a great scene imo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Glitterstimm, I remember really enjoying that scene in ROTJ. I remember sharing Leia's incredulous sense of humor about Wicket but I didn't have to suppress my humor so I started laughing aloud.

17. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    "You stuck up half-witted scruffy looking nerf herder "

devilinthedetails likes this.
  18. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Damn right. Fisher's performance in the ST is good, but the way she is portrayed is off. Leia's portrayal overall in the EU was mixed, but I would take it over the ST depiction.

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    This is hard!

Perhaps this:

Or this:

As far as her line though it's easy:

"I know."

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Iron_lord likes this.
  20. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    She was really fun in ANH. She made the best of a bad situation.

Iron_lord and Guidman like this.