main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite ROTS track?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi , May 22, 2005.

?

What is your favorite ROTS track?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Star Wars And The Revenge Of The Sith

4.4%
  2. Battle Of The Heroes

29.8%
  3. Anakin's Betrayal

14.2%
  4. Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan

10.2%
  5. Anakin's Dark Deeds

8.4%
  6. The Immolation Scene

6.5%
  7. Grievous Speaks To Lord Sidious

4.7%
  8. The Birth Of The Twins And Padme's Destiny

6.2%
  9. A New Hope And End Credits

8.0%
  10. Other (please specify)

7.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    1. Battle Of The Heroes

It's amazing. Wow! :D

2.Anakin's Betrayal
    Dark and soft.

3.Grievous Speaks To Lord Sidious
    Crazzzzy, in a good way of corse. ;)

2. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I chose Anakin's Betrayal, my firm favourite since I first listened to the album.

3. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Now, having seen the film, I choose "Padme's Destiny", in context to the scene it accompanies. To put the funeral dirge of Qui-Gon's funeral in the "triumphant" scene where Vader appears tall and mighty in full costume for the first time, is pure genious. It's like scoring emotions, not what we see on-screen.

Also felt like a kid when Palpy and Yoda were tossing things each other while the full-blown concert suite of DOTF played as BGM!!!

4. obisangel1138

obisangel1138 Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2004
    I like Padme's Destiny the best. I really like how John Williams incorporated Qui Gon's Funeral in that track.

I really like Anakin's Dream as well. It is one of the only times that we get to hear AtS. I really like that cue in general.

5. joedimaster

joedimaster Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    Absolutely Padme's Ruminations. Every time I start to think I might not need to go to the theater and see the movie again for a while, this track pops up in the rotation on my computer and I can't stop thinking about when I'm going to cram in another viewing.
    If you don't like this one, make sure you're listening to it loud or on headphones or something. Some people complain that it's just noise, but in fact it is a very subtle foreshadowing of some original trilogy music - you have to listen for how some of the long drawn out chords/notes actually have a gently implied rhythm breaking them up; they're not just held out. Especially right about 2 min. in you get a bum-bum horn noise, and then if you listen, all the strings the rest of the way are really mirroring that. Sorry, hard to describe in writing!
    Although I've got to mention Anakin vs Obi-Wan as well - Some of the stuff lifted straight from the duel in Empire really made this movie feel like true star wars.

6. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Battle Of The Heroes.

Definitely.

7. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Padme's Ruminations. It is just so chilling and beautiful, although Battle of the Heros comes in at a close second.

8. Draxtralia

Draxtralia Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2004
    "Enter Lord Vader" is my favourite track. The Mustafar theme is awesome. The action material intercut with the political stuff and the Separatists getting killed is electrifying.

My second favourite is "Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious".

9. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Glad to hear there's some love for Enter Lord Vader. It's a great hidden treasure on the album. I especially love the little trumpet fanfare at about 2 minutes in.

10. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    1) Anakin's Dark Deeds

2) Anakin vs. Obi-Wan

3) A New Hope and End Credits

4) Star Wars and Revenge of the Sith

5) Anakin's Betrayal

11. Rogue_02

Rogue_02 Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    I TOTALLY love Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. Naturally, I voted for it. I feel it makes the greatest combination of the motives that have appeared earlier in the film, for the most interesting musical score of the movie and the most hair-raising for me, especially with those fast repeated high brass fanfares. Ahh! btw, If it will instill any trust in my musical tastes, I am a music performance major. So supposedly, I know what I'm talking about. but that doesn't change who likes what music more. okay, enough ramblin'

12. Draxtralia

Draxtralia Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2004
    I'm surprised "Enter Lord Vader" has barely been mentioned. I'd count it among the best cues Williams has composed in the last five years.

13. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    To be honest, I don't have a favorite....

SW and the ROTS is very action packed and heoric.

Battle of the Heroes is really neat.

General Grievous has an Elfman feel to it at the begining and is crazy later on.

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan is plain awesome, especially with the use of Clash of the Lightsabers and Escape from Bespin cues.

Anakin's Dark Deeds is very powerful, with a sense of rage

Enter Lord Vader, as the poster above me said, is very cool, and I love the Mustufar theme, too.

The Immolation scene is very sad and tragic

Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious is one of the coolest tracks ever because of the way JW wrote and scored Grievous' theme.

14. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    Revenge Of The Sith

"Boys Into Battle" in particular. After that, probably Anakin's Dark Deeds.

ttbk

15. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I'd probably lean to "Anakin's Betrayal" now, with Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan right up there. Lots of good stuff; it keeps getting better.

16. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    As a guilty pleasure my favorite track is "Battle of the Heroes." From a more, ahem, professional (artsy, if you will) view, it's got to be either "Anakin's Dream" or "The Immolation Scene."

17. clone_commando_1993

clone_commando_1993 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 2005
    I have to say a tie with battle of the heroes and ANH & end credits so I chose other

18. 650girl_SWfan

650girl_SWfan Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    Anakin's Dream,only because I love Across the Stars!

19. darthramzafft1

darthramzafft1 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    Enter Lord Vader.

20. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    "Enter Lord Vader" is a classic Star Wars track. The next track, "Anakin's Dark Deeds" (in terms of chronological order, not album arrangement), is a significant departure from the usual Star Wars style; the only theme it features is the conflict motif from The Phantom Menace at 1:22 (this little theme is virtually unknown, but for those wondering it's the piccolo motif in "Queen Amidala Warns the Federation," "Inside the Bubble City," and "Anakin and Group to Coruscant," and orchestrally it appears in "The Senate" and "An Alliance with Boss Nass and the Gungans").

Excuse me if I've mistaken some of those ridiculous UE track titles.

21. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I voted "Other." My favorite track is Anakin's Dream. I love the beauty, the darkness, and the incorporation of Across the Stars. My second favorite is Anakin's Betrayal and my third favorite is BotH.

22. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    My favorites:

1)Anakin's Dark Deeds

2) Padme's Ruminations

3) General Grievous

4) The Birth of the Twins and Padme's destiny

5) Anakin's Betrayal

23. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    I wish I could re-vote, because now I like A New Hope & End Credits. It just has such a wide range of music, it's long, and just plain gives a good music experience.

24. jedi-master-kev

jedi-master-kev Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    Palpatine's teachings, great track

25. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Battle of the Heroes (a great duel song,)

Anakin's Betrayal (not just dark but so sad at the same time)

Birth of the Twins (you just have to love that Latin Choir!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.