main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What is your favourite moment of the Prequel Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SkywalkerJedi02, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    When Anakin marches on the Jedi Temple steps while forbodingly singing "Come to me my wee children"

Master_Rebado and Deliveranze like this.
  2. Carina

Carina Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 25, 2019
  3. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016
    So my gut reaction involves two scenes for very different reasons and are interesting scenes to think of next to each other. Lol

So, I was 7 back when this movie came out. And as a kid who had become fully immersed in Star Wars and this movie I think you could see how this bit resonated with me and still does! haha

Emotional, bombastic and awe-inspiring in its visuals as well as Williams' music. Visual storytelling done wonderfully and a great counterpart to the Binary Sunset scene from A New Hope.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  4. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
    Very hard to choose, but when Qui-Gon sabres the door, it's like ...
    woe!!! Only Liam Neeson's Jedi could be this unstoppable! And he is:

KyleKartan and darkspine10 like this.
  5. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    There are too many to choose from.

In TPM I loved Anakin and Shmi's interactions, the introduction of Maul, Duel of the Fates.

In AOTC Anakin jumping out of the speeder after Zam, "what in the blazes is he doing there?" "the old folk's home" "Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?" "Obi Wan's gonna kill me" "You love me?" the Nexu, Anakin controlling the Reek, Anakin with both lightsabers in the dark against Dooku, and as heartbreaking as it is Shmi's death and the immediate emotional aftermath because Hayden's facial expressions are perfect!

In ROTS the opening battle sequence all the way up to Anakin's reaction upon learning he is going to be a father. Opera scene, Anakin agonizing in the temple while Windu goes to Palps, that shot of Vader marching on the temple, Anakin on Mustafar scene from @Darthman92, Anakin's visual and vocal conflict during the slaughter of the Separatists, the final duel. The mask being lowered, the first sounds of Vader's breathing, his destruction of the room around him after learning Padme died, Vader on the bridge, Luke and Leia to their families.

6. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    This may be so late but I just realized one my favourite scenes is Dooku fighting Obi Wan, where Dooku says : "Master Kenobi, you disappoint me. Yoda holds you in high esteem. Surely you can do better!" and I only realized now that it is inspired by ....wait for it....wait.....wait...

Scaramanga from The Man With the Golden Gun: "Come, come, Mr Bond.You disappoint me. You get as much fulfilment out of killing as l do. Admit it."

Too cool.

Cheers!

MJ

7. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    The PT is simply bursting with great moments. I have always enjoyed the parting of the Hangar doors on Theed to reveal Darth Maul in all his menacing glory. Qui-Gonn's stoic "We'll handle this" followed by all three casting off their outer robes and igniting their lightsabers (Maul's double-bladed lightsaber is a particular treat). There is something Arthurian and dignified about this moment.

I have always appreciated the moment in Palpatine's office when he reveals himself as the hidden Sith Lord. "Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all it's aspects". The subtlety of Ian McDiarmid's acting combined with the haunting colour palate and ancient piece of artwork in the background, make for a fantastic scene.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  8. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Loads to choose from but if I really had to choose it would probably be the scene where Palpatine reveals to Anakin that he's the Sith Lord behind everything. All of his planning and scheming and manipulating (and only we, the audience know the full extent of - none of the characters have pieced everything together) and this is his final gambit, the big climax. This is where he wins or loses everything. THIS moment, where Anakin faces his stark choice (albeit he doesn't definitively decide straight away), is where everything in the OT really begins.

That, or Duel Of The Fates. Still the best fight scene in any Star Wars movie, and that music...

9. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I rememer sitting in the theater as a 12 year old and watching this opening scene for the FIRST TIME ever...the Jedi in their prime, knowing exactly how to overwhelm the droids and making scrap matel out of them. I loved it! We never saw such powerful Jedi before and it impressed me very very much. To this day I love this epic opening to the Saga.

Lucas did well with showing right from the start that we are now watching a different area of STAR WARS. Beside this the whole composition of music and action is flawless. I always get goosebumps when you see our hero Qui-Gon slowly getting through the blast door and Roone Haako panicing "They are still coming through" with Nute replying "This is impossible!". Nothing better to show the power of the PRIME Jedi!

This in particular I love very very much! They are just so so close! Both actors did a great job of showing the affection and love between mother and son. Jake for me did a great job in Ep I...

Man, I love Episode I! Just thinking back to that time when we just had that movie from the PT and speculated over the following events.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    LedReader, Frisco, MarcJordan and 2 others like this.
  10. Calathar44

Calathar44 Jedi Padawan

Nov 13, 2018
    While it's definitely hard to choose just one, I'd have to go with the duel between the duel between Anakin and Obi-wan on Mustafar. If I had to choose a specific moment from that, probably when their dueling on the spire in the river of lava. I feel like the music, effects, and choreography add to the intensity of that scene and make it a great part of the cliamx of the trilogy.

A lot of these would also be some of my favorite moments.

11. Kole

Kole Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2016
    Obi-wan’s “you were the chosen one!” scene

Alienware likes this.
  12. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    Sooooo many…. too many to choose, but I will chose one from each movie, just for the sake of it. And I will focus on what I consider is the main storyline through the trilogy: Anakin and Padme's doomed love story.

-Episode I: Anakin and Padme's talk in the journey to Coruscant. A small, intimate, tender scene perfectly acted by both actors. Anakin really looks and acts like a small child ("I'm cold") thrown into a huge universe.

-Episode II: There are many Anakin/Padme scenes I love, specially on Naboo. But I will choose the scene of their first kiss: beautiful location, strong green/blue colors, classical staging and composition. Forget about the words (which mean absolutely nothing) and look at the visuals, listen to the sound of the birds and the water and the music. It's an old-fashioned, traditional love scene. Romeo and Juliette. Perfect scene.

-Episode III: Anakin's sunset, as he sits alone in the Jedi council (nobody to give him any council, the visual of Anakin siting alone is really powerful), looks at the Coruscant skyline as Padme does the same. And he makes his choice. No words, strange atmospheric music, beautiful colors. Possibly one of the best sequences in the whole Saga.

13. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  14. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I remember how mind-blowing it was to get a lightsaber fight early in a Star Wars film.

15. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    The Darth Plagueis scene is my favorite scene in the prequels and the entire saga. Spectacular acting by both Ian and Hayden. I love the build-up to the ending of when Palpatine says "not from a Jedi." Actually, come to think of it, that may be my favorite movie scene in general.

Some of my other favorites are the scene where Anakin's pod works for the first time (the music swell and the cut to Shmi is wonderfully executed), Obi-Wan's arrival on Utapau, Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Dooku (ROTS), the asteroid field chase, the Phantom Menace duel and the podrace, the founding of the Empire, Dooku's revelation to Obi-Wan, and Palpatine revealing his identity to Anakin. I could go on, of course.

16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I love during the Darth Plagueis scene, Anakin walking through the door with the red guards. Just foreshadows what the Republic will become and we know Anakin is gonna be by a lot of red guards in his lifetime.

Jedi Knight Fett and KyleKartan like this.
  17. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Thats part of the world Building Lucas did in the Prequels which make them sooo great! Just by tiny Details like that you get the whole Picture of the saga. It's amazing how the Prequels made SW that much bigger, the SW Universe that more like a real world!

Deliveranze likes this.
  18. Rossini18

Rossini18 Jedi Knight

Jan 3, 2016
    The duel between Yoda and Palpatine.

TX-20, whostheBossk and PCCViking like this.
  19. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    AOTC duel (I feel this is severely underrated)

Dooku temps Obi-Wan

Palpatine reveals he is Sidious

meeting Shmi

Obi-Wan reporting in after making contact with Jango

TX-20 and darkspine10 like this.
  20. X Wing

X Wing Jedi Master star 1

Feb 20, 2016
    Episode 3 the final act where Padme is looking through the window emotionally paralleling with anakin looking through the window as well. Very powerful scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    I have so many favorite scenes. I will just pick one:

The opening flight scene in ROTS when the buzz droids attack. Great, great scene.

Okay and one more:

The fight between Dooku and Anakin with Palpatine (and me) encouraging the latter to take his revenge for Dooku having taken his arm. Good stuff!

22. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    My favorite scene in the whole saga is when Anakin has to leave his mother, Shmi, to become a Jedi. So for the PT, it is that scene. It’s heart wenching and the next time they see each other feels like a punch to the gut.

KyleKartan and darkspine10 like this.
  23. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    ^^It's certainly harder to watch after I became a mother.

24. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
    ... I'm comin' tuh getcha!!!

[​IMG]

TX-20, DarthKreVass and Deliveranze like this.
  25. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    It’s been mentioned several times in this page. But Qui Gon coming through the door with his lightsaber.. closing the blast doors and he takes a minute then still comes through!

I can vividly remember seeing that scene even at a young age and thinking Wow. This is what the Jedi were like, these are the powerful beings Ben Kenobi was talking about!! That whole opening 10/15 minutes of TPM always blows me away but this scene in particular sits at the top because of how it made me feel as a viewer

TX-20, darkspine10 and christophero30 like this.