main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What is your favourite moment of the Prequel Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SkywalkerJedi02, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Scopatore

Scopatore Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2021
    Has to be Order 66. Still gets me every time I watch it.

2. takotsubo

takotsubo Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2020
    It's pretty clear that the PT has seventeen or eighteen times more memorable and/or spectacular and/or meaningful scenes than the disaster that is ST. I read a list where they tried to shoehorn some scenes from TFA. That list was a big cringe...

Or how is this scene better than anything in the PT???

Even TIME MAGAZINE had hard times finding scenes in TFA which are worthy a top 40 position. GOD DAMNIT:

OR...

At least they had the good taste to put a scene grandiose from AOTC on second place:

2 Yoda declares the start of the Clone Wars, Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Sensing the Jedi victory on Geonosis was really no victory at all, Yoda (voiced by Frank Oz) is quick to shut down Obi-Wan Kenobi’s (Ewan McGregor) gratitude for the arrival of the clones. “The shroud of the dark side has fallen, begun the Clone War has,” he muses as the scene pans to Chancellor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid) overlooking the massing of an army to the ominous tune of the Imperial March. The scene effectively set the stage for all the internecine battles to come.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  3. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020
    Imagine a 12 year old girl who loved Padme and Anakin watching this scene then realizing Anakin was evil. It was heartbreaking and so twisted, it was genius by Sidious

4. disco_starkiller

disco_starkiller Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2021
    My favorite moment is in AOTC where Anakin jumps on a speeder rides off in search for his mother. The worst part is it wasn't long enough!

5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    The chemistry between both Hayden and Ewan and Hayden and Ian is unmatched. I could watch them for hours together. I hope the Kenobi show gives us some flashbacks.

6. disco_starkiller

disco_starkiller Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2021
    It would be criminal if they don't include Qui-Gon Jinn in the show

Wu Wei Jedi and whostheBossk like this.
  7. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Aren't they a bit too old for flashbacks now? And I'm not a fan of CGI de-aging unless it's absolutely necessary (IMO Luke wasn't very good on Mando).

Wu Wei Jedi and Count Yubnub like this.
  8. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    The first notes of Duel of the Fates hitting as the doors open and Reveal Maul.

9. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I don't think you would need to use CG at all tbh. Sure, they won't look exactly like they did in 2005, but I think they can still pull it off. They aged much more gracefully in 15 years than Mark or Harrison did in the same time span after filming ROTJ.

Jedi Knight Fett and wobbits like this.
  10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Palpatine and Organa viewing the Grand Army as it ships off to war. Nobody quite knows it in-universe just yet, but the iconography and music are telling us the Republic is over. Powerful.

11. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I just remember watching The Hobbit and thinkin Orland Bloom sure didn't look young anymore while the gap between the movies was less than between ROTS and the new series. That said, Ewan played a character a few years older than his real age and Hayden always looked youthful. I guess they can pull it off if they avoid too many closeups.

12. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Anakin contemplating killing Dooku. Such a pivotal moment and a great bit of acting by Hayden.

[​IMG]

TX-20, Alienware, wobbits and 3 others like this.
  13. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    -Qui-Gon sticking his lightsaber in the door. "They are still coming through!"

TX-20, TOASTEROVEN, Aah Fisto and 2 others like this.
  14. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I think both Ewan and Hayden look better than OB. They aren't going to need that much make up or CGI to shoot flashbacks.

15. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    My favorites are in TPM- Anakin having his blood checked revealing a anomaly and later leaves his mom as the Jedi believe in this prophecy that he would bring balance. And of course the lightsaber battle!
    AOTC - when Anakin leaves to search for his mother, so powerful with duel of the fates playing. And of course the end battle/start of the clone war.
    ROTS- just a well done movie all around capturing each feeling of every main character. Anakin shown as a hero, then shown very vulnerable to his dreams..then the battle we waited 22 years for!! Plus we get Yoda v. Sidious..get out! Also the scene where Obi Wan tells Padme the truth about Anakin on her veranda. End scene in front of twin suns...perfecto.

Deliveranze likes this.
  16. I love all of Senator Palpatine scenes in TPM

TX-20 and PCCViking like this.
  17. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    Literally every scene between Watto and Liam Neeson.

18. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Yoda *staring somberly straight ahead at Qui-gon's pyre, lit from the left by the red glow of the fire*: always two there are. No more. No less. A master, and an apprentice.
    Windu *interrupts his stare and slowly turns his head to Yoda*: but which was destroyed, the master or the apprentice?
    Yoda doesn't answer.
    The focal distance shifts and our attention is brought to Palpatine, also staring, standing on the other side of Windu. We hear bell tones. Cut to black.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  19. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    The rise of Vader.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  20. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    I can't think of a single one. I wish the prequels had never been made.

21. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    I hate people who go on this forum just to say they wish the prequels didn’t exist, what are you getting out of criticizing them here.

the entire sequel trilogy forum has turned into the same to a worse extant though. This fandom sucks

22. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    The exact same pleasure that people who praise them get.

FightoftheForgotten likes this.
  23. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    One person gave an excellent reply to that.

24. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    The Phantom Menace: The scene between Darth Sidious & Darth Maul on Palpatine's balcony on Coruscant

Attack of the Clones: The scene between Darth Sidious & Darth Tyranus in the "bad part of town" on Coruscant

Revenge of the Sith: The duel between Darth Sidious & Master Yoda in the Senate chamber on Coruscant

VaderBoyee likes this.
  25. Wu Wei Jedi

Wu Wei Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 8, 2021
    Jango Fett vs Obi Wan.
    The chase through Coruscant where Anakin jumps out of that "car" .That was very Jedi like.
    Dex's Diner.
    The last hour of ROTS.

RetropME and Count Yubnub like this.